- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Abstract and Applied Analysis
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 752869, 14 pages
Approximate Solutions of Fractional Nonlinear Equations Using Homotopy Perturbation Transformation Method
1Department of Mathematics, Dezhou University, Dezhou 253023, China
2Nonlinear Dynamics and Chaos Group, School of Management, Tianjin University, Tianjin 30072, China
Received 11 November 2011; Revised 25 December 2011; Accepted 30 January 2012
Academic Editor: Muhammad Aslam Noor
Copyright © 2012 Yanqin Liu. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- I. Podlubny, Fractional Differential Equations, Academic Press, New York, NY, USA, 1999.
- R. Hilfer, Applications of Fractional Calculus in Physics, World Scientific, Singapore, Singapore, 2000.
- R. Metzler and J. Klafter, “The random walk's guide to anomalous diffusion: a fractional dynamics approach,” Physics Reports, vol. 339, no. 1, p. 77, 2000.
- S. Wang and M. Xu, “Axial Couette flow of two kinds of fractional viscoelastic fluids in an annulus,” Nonlinear Analysis. Real World Applications, vol. 10, no. 2, pp. 1087–1096, 2009.
- X. J. Xiaoyun and X. M. Yu, “Analysis of fractional anomalous diffusion caused by an instantaneous point source in disordered fractal media,” International Journal of Non-Linear Mechanics, vol. 41, no. 1, pp. 156–165, 2006.
- J. H. Ma and M. Y. Liu, “Exact solutions for a generalized nonlinear fractional Fokker-Planck equation,” Nonlinear Analysis. Real World Applications, vol. 11, no. 1, pp. 515–521, 2010.
- Y.-Q. Liu and J.-H. Ma, “Exact solutions of a generalized multi-fractional nonlinear diffusion equation in radical symmetry,” Communications in Theoretical Physics, vol. 52, no. 5, pp. 857–861, 2009.
- T. E. Simos, “Closed Newton-Cotes trigonometrically-fitted formulae of high order for long-time integration of orbital problems,” Applied Mathematics Letters, vol. 22, no. 10, pp. 1616–1621, 2009.
- A. A. Kosti, Z. A. Anastassi, and T. E. Simos, “Construction of an optimized explicit Runge-Kutta-Nyström method for the numerical solution of oscillatory initial value problems,” Computers & Mathematics with Applications, vol. 61, no. 11, pp. 3381–3390, 2011.
- Z. A. Anastassi and T. E. Simos, “New trigonometrically fitted six-step symmetric methods for the efficient solution of the Schrödinger equation,” Communications in Mathematical and in Computer Chemistry, vol. 60, no. 3, pp. 733–752, 2008.
- Z. A. Anastassi and T. E. Simos, “Numerical multistep methods for the efficient solution of quantum mechanics and related problems,” Physics Reports, vol. 482/483, pp. 1–240, 2009.
- G. Adomian, “A review of the decomposition method in applied mathematics,” Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications, vol. 135, no. 2, pp. 501–544, 1988.
- A.-M. Wazwaz and S. M. El-Sayed, “A new modification of the Adomian decomposition method for linear and nonlinear operators,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 122, no. 3, pp. 393–405, 2001.
- J. H. He, “Variational iteration method- a kind of non-linear analytical technique: some examples,” International Journal of Non-Linear Mechanics, vol. 34, no. 4, pp. 699–708, 1999.
- A.-M. Wazwaz, “The variational iteration method for analytic treatment of linear and nonlinear ODEs,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 212, no. 1, pp. 120–134, 2009.
- V. S. Ertürk, S. Momani, and Z. Odibat, “Application of generalized differential transform method to multi-order fractional differential equations,” Communications in Nonlinear Science and Numerical Simulation, vol. 13, no. 8, pp. 1642–1654, 2008.
- A. Al-rabtah, V. S. Ertürk, and S. Momani, “Solutions of a fractional oscillator by using differential transform method,” Computers & Mathematics with Applications, vol. 59, no. 3, pp. 1356–1362, 2010.
- E. Yusufoglu, “Numerical solution of Duffing equation by the Laplace decomposition algorithm,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 177, no. 2, pp. 572–580, 2006.
- Y. Khan, “An effective modification of the laplace decomposition method for nonlinear equations,” International Journal of Nonlinear Sciences and Numerical Simulation, vol. 10, no. 11-12, pp. 1373–1376, 2009.
- J. H. He, “Application of homotopy perturbation method to nonlinear wave equations,” Chaos, Solitons and Fractals, vol. 26, no. 3, pp. 695–700, 2005.
- X. C. Li, M. Y. Xu, and X. Y. Jiang, “Homotopy perturbation method to time-fractional diffusion equation with a moving boundary condition,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 208, no. 2, pp. 434–439, 2009.
- S. Momani and Z. Odibat, “Homotopy perturbation method for nonlinear partial differential equations of fractional order,” Physics Letters A, vol. 365, no. 5-6, pp. 345–350, 2007.
- J.-H. He, “Recent development of the homotopy perturbation method,” Topological Methods in Nonlinear Analysis, vol. 31, no. 2, pp. 205–209, 2008.
- M. A. Noor, “Iterative methods for nonlinear equations using homotopy perturbation technique,” Applied Mathematics & Information Sciences, vol. 4, no. 2, pp. 227–235, 2010.
- M. A. Noor, “Some iterative methods for solving nonlinear equations using homotopy perturbation method,” International Journal of Computer Mathematics, vol. 87, no. 1–3, pp. 141–149, 2010.
- M. Madani, M. Fathizadeh, Y. Khan, and A. Yildirim, “On the coupling of the homotopy perturbation method and Laplace transformation,” Mathematical and Computer Modelling, vol. 53, no. 9-10, pp. 1937–1945, 2011.
- Y. Khan and Q. Wu, “Homotopy perturbation transform method for nonlinear equations using He's polynomials,” Computers & Mathematics with Applications, vol. 61, no. 8, pp. 1963–1967, 2011.
- A. Ghorbani, “Beyond Adomian polynomials: He polynomials,” Chaos, Solitons and Fractals, vol. 39, no. 3, pp. 1486–1492, 2009.
- S. T. Mohyud-Din, M. A. Noor, and K. I. Noor, “Traveling wave solutions of seventh-order generalized KdV equations using he's polynomials,” International Journal of Nonlinear Sciences and Numerical Simulation, vol. 10, no. 2, pp. 227–233, 2009.
- A. Yildirim, “Application of the homotopy perturbation method for the Fokker-Planck equation,” International Journal for Numerical Methods in Biomedical Engineering, vol. 26, no. 9, pp. 1144–1154, 2010.
- M. Khan, M. A. Gondal, and S. Kumar, “A novel homotopy perturbation tranform algorithm for linear and nonlinear system of partial differential equations,” World Applied Sciences Journal, vol. 12, no. 12, pp. 2352–2357, 2011.