- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Abstract and Applied Analysis
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 753857, 16 pages
Asymptotic Behavior of Bifurcation Curve for Sine-Gordon-Type Differential Equation
Laboratory of Mathematics, Institute of Engineering, Hiroshima University, Higashi-Hiroshima 739-8527, Japan
Received 23 October 2012; Accepted 11 December 2012
Academic Editor: Sining Zheng
Copyright © 2012 Tetsutaro Shibata. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- Y. Kamimura, “An inverse problem in bifurcation theory,” Journal of Differential Equations, vol. 106, no. 1, pp. 10–26, 1993.
- R. Benguria and M. C. Depassier, “Upper and lower bounds for eigenvalues of nonlinear elliptic equations. I. The lowest eigenvalue,” Journal of Mathematical Physics, vol. 24, no. 3, pp. 501–503, 1983.
- H. Berestycki, “Le nombre de solutions de certains problèmes semi-linéaires elliptiques,” Journal of Functional Analysis, vol. 40, no. 1, pp. 1–29, 1981.
- S. Cano-Casanova and J. López-Gómezb, “Existence, uniqueness and blow-up rate of large solutions for a canonical class of one-dimensional problems on the half-line,” Journal of Differential Equations, vol. 244, no. 12, pp. 3180–3203, 2008.
- S. Cano-Casanova and J. López-Gómezb, “Blow-up rates of radially symmetric large solutions,” Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications, vol. 352, no. 1, pp. 166–174, 2009.
- J. M. Fraile, J. López-Gómezb, and J. C. Sabina de Lis, “On the global structure of the set of positive solutions of some semilinear elliptic boundary value problems,” Journal of Differential Equations, vol. 123, no. 1, pp. 180–212, 1995.
- T. Shibata, “Global behavior of the branch of positive solutions to a logistic equation of population dynamics,” Proceedings of the American Mathematical Society, vol. 136, no. 7, pp. 2547–2554, 2008.
- M. G. Crandall and P. H. Rabinowitz, “Bifurcation from simple eigenvalues,” Journal of Functional Analysis, vol. 8, pp. 321–340, 1971.
- T. Shibata, “Precise spectral asymptotics for nonlinear Sturm-Liouville problems,” Journal of Differential Equations, vol. 180, no. 2, pp. 374–394, 2002.
- T. Shibata, “Variational method for precise asymptotic formulas for nonlinear eigenvalue problems,” Results in Mathematics, vol. 46, no. 1-2, pp. 130–145, 2004.
- T. Shibata, “Local structure of bifurcation curves for nonlinear Sturm-Liouville problems,” Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications, vol. 369, no. 2, pp. 583–594, 2010.
- I. S. Gradshteyn and I. M. Ryzhik, Table of Integrals, Series, and Products, Academic Press, San Diego, Calif, USA, 5th edition, 1994.
- T. Shibata, “Asymptotic properties of variational eigenvalues for semilinear elliptic operators,” Unione Matematica Italiana, vol. 7, no. 2, pp. 411–425, 1988.