- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Abstract and Applied Analysis
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 789043, 12 pages
Fixed Point and Weak Convergence Theorems for -Hybrid Mappings in Banach Spaces
1Center for General Education, Fooyin University, 151 Jinxue Road, Daliao District, Kaohsiung 83102, Taiwan
2Department of Finance, Nan Jeon Institute of Technology, 178 Chaoqin Road, Yenshui District, Tainan 73746, Taiwan
3Center for General Education, Southern Taiwan University, 1 Nantai Street, Yongkang District, Tainan 71005, Taiwan
4Department of Industrial Management, National Pingtung University of Science and Technology, 1 Shuefu Road, Neopu, Pingtung 91201, Taiwan
Received 28 September 2011; Accepted 29 November 2011
Academic Editor: Muhammad Aslam Noor
Copyright © 2012 Tian-Yuan Kuo et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- S. Iemoto and W. Takahashi, “Approximating common fixed points of nonexpansive mappings and nonspreading mappings in a Hilbert space,” Nonlinear Analysis. Theory, Methods & Applications, vol. 71, no. 12, pp. e2082–e2089, 2009.
- F. Kohsaka and W. Takahashi, “Fixed point theorems for a class of nonlinear mappings related to maximal monotone operators in Banach spaces,” Archiv der Mathematik, vol. 91, no. 2, pp. 166–177, 2008.
- W. Takahashi, “Fixed point theorems for new nonlinear mappings in a Hilbert space,” Journal of Nonlinear and Convex Analysis, vol. 11, no. 1, pp. 79–88, 2010.
- P. Kocourek, W. Takahashi, and J.-C. Yao, “Fixed point theorems and weak convergence theorems for generalized hybrid mappings in Hilbert spaces,” Taiwanese Journal of Mathematics, vol. 14, no. 6, pp. 2497–2511, 2010.
- D. Butnariu and A. N. Iusem, Totally Convex Functions for Fixed Points Computation and Infinite Dimensional Optimization, vol. 40, Kluwer Academic Publishers, Dordrecht, The Netherlands, 2000.
- I. Ciorãnescu, Geometry of Banach Spaces, Duality Mappings and Nonlinear Problems, vol. 62, Kluwer Academic Publishers, Dordrecht, The Netherlands, 1990.
- Y. Y. Huang, J. C. Jeng, T. Y. Kuo, and C. C. Hong, “Fixed point and weak convergence theorems for point-dependent λ-hybrid mappings in Banach spaces,” Fixed Point Theory and Applications, vol. 2011, article 105, 2011.
- Z. Opial, “Weak convergence of the sequence of successive approximations for nonexpansive mappings,” Bulletin of the American Mathematical Society, vol. 73, pp. 591–597, 1967.
- M. A. Noor, “New approximation schemes for general variational inequalities,” Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications, vol. 251, no. 1, pp. 217–229, 2000.
- M. Aslam Noor, “Some developments in general variational inequalities,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 152, no. 1, pp. 199–277, 2004.
- M. A. Noor, “General variational inequalities and nonexpansive mappings,” Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications, vol. 331, no. 2, pp. 810–822, 2007.