- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Abstract and Applied Analysis
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 810676, 13 pages
Inverse Scattering from a Sound-Hard Crack via Two-Step Method
Department of Mathematics, National Cheng Kung University, Tainan City 70101, Taiwan
Received 14 February 2012; Accepted 18 April 2012
Academic Editor: Ravshan Ashurov
Copyright © 2012 Kuo-Ming Lee. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- R. Kress, “Inverse scattering from an open arc,” Mathematical Methods in the Applied Sciences, vol. 18, no. 4, pp. 267–293, 1995.
- L. Mönch, “On the inverse acoustic scattering problem by an open arc: the sound-hard case,” Inverse Problems, vol. 13, no. 5, pp. 1379–1392, 1997.
- R. Kress and W. Rundell, “Nonlinear integral equations and the iterative solution for an inverse boundary value problem,” Inverse Problems, vol. 21, no. 4, pp. 1207–1223, 2005.
- O. Ivanyshyn and R. Kress, “Nonlinear integral equations for solving inverse boundary value problems for inclusions and cracks,” Journal of Integral Equations and Applications, vol. 18, no. 1, pp. 13–38, 2006.
- K.-M. Lee, “Inverse scattering via nonlinear integral equations for a Neumann crack,” Inverse Problems, vol. 22, no. 6, pp. 1989–2000, 2006.
- O. Ivanyshyn and R. Kress, “Nonlinear integral equations in inverse obstacle scattering,” in Proceedings of the 7th International Workshop on Mathematical Methods in Scattering Theory and Biomedical Engineering, Nymphaio, Greece, 2005.
- A. Kirsch and R. Kress, “An optimization method in inverse acoustic scattering,” in Boundary Elements IX, Vol. 3: Fluid Flow and Potential Applications, C. A. Brebbia, W. L. Wendland, and G. Kuhn, Eds., pp. 3–18, Springer, Berlin, Germany, 1987.
- R. Kress and P. Serranho, “A hybrid method for two-dimensional crack reconstruction,” Inverse Problems, vol. 21, no. 2, pp. 773–784, 2005.
- R. Kress and P. Serranho, “A hybrid method for sound-hard obstacle reconstruction,” Journal of Computational and Applied Mathematics, vol. 204, no. 2, pp. 418–427, 2007.
- K.-M. Lee, “A two step method in inverse scattering problem for a crack,” Journal of Mathematical Physics, vol. 51, no. 2, Article ID 023529, 10 pages, 2010.
- R. Kress, Linear Integral Equations, Springer, Berlin, Germany, 2nd edition, 1999.
- L. Mönch, “On the numerical solution of the direct scattering problem for an open sound-hard arc,” Journal of Computational and Applied Mathematics, vol. 71, no. 2, pp. 343–356, 1996.
- D. Colton and R. Kress, Inverse Acoustic and Electromagnetic Scattering Theory, Springer, Berlin, Germany, 2nd edition, 1998.
- Y. Yan and I. H. Sloan, “On integral equations of the first kind with logarithmic kernels,” Journal of Integral Equations and Applications, vol. 1, no. 4, pp. 549–579, 1988.
- R. Potthast, “Fréchet differentiability of boundary integral operators in inverse acoustic scattering,” Inverse Problems, vol. 10, no. 2, pp. 431–447, 1994.