- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Abstract and Applied Analysis
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 835304, 15 pages
A Chaotic Pulse-Time Modulation Method for Digital Communication
School of Electronics and Telecommunications, Hanoi University of Science and Technology, 1 Dai Co Viet, Hanoi, Vietnam
Received 15 January 2012; Revised 6 March 2012; Accepted 6 March 2012
Academic Editor: Muhammad Aslam Noor
Copyright © 2012 Nguyen Xuan Quyen et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- S. H. Strogatz, Nonlinear Dynamics And Chaos: With Applications To Physics, Biology, Chemistry, And Engineering, Westview Press, Boulder, Colo, USA, 2001.
- M. P. Kennedy and G. Kolumban, “Special issue on non-coherent chaotic communications,” IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems I, vol. 47, no. 12, pp. 1661–1764, 2000.
- P. Stavroulakis, Chaos Applications in Telecommunications, CRC Press, New York, NY, USA, 2005.
- W. M. Tam, F. C. M. Lau, and C. K. Tse, Digital Communication with Chaos Multiple Access Techniques and Performance, Elsevier Science, Amsterdam, The Netherlands, 2006.
- L. M. Pecora and T. L. Carroll, “Synchronization in chaotic systems,” Physical Review Letters, vol. 64, no. 8, pp. 821–824, 1990.
- N. F. Rulkov and L. S. Tsimring, “Synchronization methods for communication with chaos over band-limited channels,” International Journal of Circuit Theory and Applications, vol. 27, no. 6, pp. 555–567, 1999.
- C. C. Chen and K. Yao, “Numerical evaluation of error probabilities of self-synchronizing chaotic communications,” IEEE Communications Letters, vol. 4, no. 2, pp. 37–39, 2000.
- M. M. Levy, “Some theoretical and practical considerations of pulse modulation,” Journal of the Institution of Electrical Engineerings, vol. 94, no. 13, pp. 565–572, 1947.
- B. Wilson and Z. Ghassemlooy, “Pulse time modulation techniques for optical communications,” IEE Proceedings Optoelectronics, vol. 140, no. 6, pp. 347–357, 1993.
- M. M. Sushchik, N. Rulkov, L. Larson, et al., “Chaotic pulse position modulation: a robust method of communicating with chaos,” IEEE Communication Letters, vol. 4, no. 4, pp. 128–130, 2000.
- N. F. Rulkov, M. M. Sushchik, L. S. Tsimring, and A. R. Volkovskii, “Digital communication using chaotic-pulse-position modulation,” IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems, vol. 48, no. 12, pp. 1436–1444, 2001.
- H. Torikai, T. Saito, and W. Schwarz, “Synchronization via multiplex pulse trains,” IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems I, vol. 46, no. 9, pp. 1072–1085, 1999.
- J. T. Bean and P. J. Langlois, “Current mode analog circuit for tent maps using piecewise linear functions,” in Proceedings of the 1994 IEEE International Symposium on Circuits and Systems, vol. 6, pp. 125–128, June 1994.
- T. Addabbo, M. Alioto, A. Fort, S. Rocchi, and V. Vignoli, “The digital tent map: performance analysis and optimized design as a low-complexity source of pseudorandom bits,” IEEE Transactions on Instrumentation and Measurement, vol. 55, no. 5, pp. 1451–1458, 2006.
- H. Ruan, E. E. Yaz, T. Zhai, and Y. I. Yaz, “A generalization of tent map and its use in EKF based chaotic parameter modulation/demodulation,” in Proceedings of the 43rd IEEE Conference on Decision and Control (CDC '04), vol. 2, pp. 2071–2075, December 2004.