- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Abstract and Applied Analysis
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 856302, 11 pages
A Contraction Fixed Point Theorem in Partially Ordered Metric Spaces and Application to Fractional Differential Equations
Department of Computer Science, Aba Teachers College, Sichuan, Wenchuan 623002, China
Received 23 September 2012; Accepted 31 October 2012
Academic Editor: Xinguang Zhang
Copyright © 2012 Xiangbing Zhou et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- M. A. Geraghty, “On contractive mappings,” Proceedings of the American Mathematical Society, vol. 40, pp. 604–608, 1973.
- A. Amini-Harandi and H. Emami, “A fixed point theorem for contraction type maps in partially ordered metric spaces and application to ordinary differential equations,” Nonlinear Analysis, vol. 72, no. 5, pp. 2238–2242, 2010.
- I. J. Cabrera, J. Harjani, and K. B. Sadarangani, “Existence and uniqueness of positive solutions for a singular fractional three-point boundary value problem,” Abstract and Applied Analysis, vol. 2012, Article ID 803417, 18 pages, 2012.
- B. Ahmad, A. Alsaedi, and B. S. Alghamdi, “Analytic approximation of solutions of the forced Duffing equation with integral boundary conditions,” Nonlinear Analysis: Real World Applications, vol. 9, no. 4, pp. 1727–1740, 2008.
- J. Harjani and K. Sadarangani, “Fixed point theorems for weakly contractive mappings in partially ordered sets,” Nonlinear Analysis, vol. 71, no. 7-8, pp. 3403–3410, 2009.
- Y. Wang, L. Liu, and Y. Wu, “Positive solutions for a class of fractional boundary value problem with changing sign nonlinearity,” Nonlinear Analysis, vol. 74, no. 17, pp. 6434–6441, 2011.
- X. Zhang and Y. Han, “Existence and uniqueness of positive solutions for higher order nonlocal fractional differential equations,” Applied Mathematics Letters, vol. 25, no. 3, pp. 555–560, 2012.
- X. Zhang, L. Liu, and Y. Wu, “The eigenvalue problem for a singular higher order fractional differential equation involving fractional derivatives,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 218, no. 17, pp. 8526–8536, 2012.
- X. Zhang, L. Liu, B. Wiwatanapataphee, and Y. Wu, “Positive solutions of eigenvalue problems for a class of fractional differential equations with derivatives,” Abstract and Applied Analysis, vol. 2012, Article ID 512127, 16 pages, 2012.
- X. Zhang, L. Liu, and Y. Wu, “Multiple positive solutions of a singular fractional differential equation with negatively perturbed term,” Mathematical and Computer Modelling, vol. 55, no. 3-4, pp. 1263–1274, 2012.
- Y. Wang, L. Liu, and Y. Wu, “Positive solutions of a fractional boundary value problem with changing sign nonlinearity,” Abstract and Applied Analysis, vol. 2012, Article ID 149849, 12 pages, 2012.
- M. Jia, X. Liu, and X. Gu, “Uniqueness and asymptotic behavior of positive solutions for a fractional-order integral boundary value problem,” Abstract and Applied Analysis, vol. 2012, 21 pages, 2012.
- I. Podlubny, Fractional Differential Equations, vol. 198 of Mathematics in Science and Engineering, Academic Press, San Diego, Calif, USA, 1999.
- I. Podlubny, “Geometric and physical interpretation of fractional integration and fractional differentiation,” Fractional Calculus & Applied Analysis, vol. 5, no. 4, pp. 367–386, 2002.
- X. Zhang, L. Liu, and Y. Wu, “Existence results for multiple positive solutions of nonlinear higher order perturbed fractional differential equations with derivatives,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 219, no. 4, pp. 1420–1433, 2012.