- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Abstract and Applied Analysis
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 867203, 13 pages
A Kantorovich Type of Szasz Operators Including Brenke-Type Polynomials
Department of Mathematics, Faculty of Science, Ankara University, Tandoğan, 06100 Ankara, Turkey
Received 27 September 2012; Accepted 15 November 2012
Academic Editor: Abdelghani Bellouquid
Copyright © 2012 Fatma Taşdelen et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- O. Szasz, “Generalization of S. Bernstein's polynomials to the infinite interval,” Journal of Research of the National Bureau of Standards, vol. 45, no. 3, pp. 239–245, 1950.
- A. Jakimovski and D. Leviatan, “Generalized Szasz operators for the approximation in the infinite interval,” Mathematica, vol. 11, pp. 97–103, 1969.
- M. E. H. Ismail, “On a generalization of Szász operators,” Mathematica, vol. 39, no. 2, pp. 259–267, 1974.
- S. Varma, S. Sucu, and G. İçöz, “Generalization of Szasz operators involving Brenke type polynomials,” Computers & Mathematics with Applications, vol. 64, no. 2, pp. 121–127, 2012.
- T. S. Chihara, An Introduction to Orthogonal Polynomials, Gordon and Breach, New York, NY, USA, 1978.
- P. L. Butzer, “On the extensions of Bernstein polynomials to the infinite interval,” Proceedings of the American Mathematical Society, vol. 5, pp. 547–553, 1954.
- O. Duman, M. A. Özarslan, and B. Della Vecchia, “Modified Szász-Mirakjan-Kantorovich operators preserving linear functions,” Turkish Journal of Mathematics, vol. 33, no. 2, pp. 151–158, 2009.
- D. Miclaus, “The voronovskaja type theorem for the Szász-Mirakjan-Kantorovich operators,” Journal of Science and Arts, vol. 2, no. 13, pp. 257–260, 2010.
- G. Nowak and A. Sikorska-Nowak, “Some approximation properties of modified Szasz-Mirakyan-Kantorovich operators,” Revue d'Analyse Numerique et de Theorie de l'Approximation, vol. 38, no. 1, pp. 73–82, 2009.
- V. Totik, “Approximation by Szász-Mirakjan-Kantorovich operators in Lp (),” Analysis Mathematica, vol. 9, no. 2, pp. 147–167, 1983.
- G. Başcanbaz-Tunca and A. Erençin, “A voronovskaya type theorem for q-Szasz-Mirakyan-Kantorovich operators,” Revue d'Analyse Numerique et de Theorie de l'Approximation, vol. 40, no. 1, pp. 14–23, 2011.
- S. Varma and F. Taşdelen, “Szász type operators involving Charlier polynomials,” Mathematical and Computer Modelling, vol. 56, no. 5-6, pp. 118–122, 2012.
- Z. Walczak, “On approximation by modified Szasz-Mirakyan operators,” Glasnik Matematicki, vol. 37, no. 57, pp. 303–319, 2002.
- F. Altomare and M. Campiti, Korovkin-Type Approximation Theory and Its Applications, vol. 17 of De Gruyter Studies in Mathematics, Appendix A By Michael Pannenberg and Appendix B By Ferdinand Beckho, Walter De Gruyter, Berlin, Germany, 1994.
- Z. Ditzian and V. Totik, Moduli of Smoothness, Springer, New York, NY, USA, 1987.
- H. W. Gould and A. T. Hopper, “Operational formulas connected with two generalizations of Hermite polynomials,” Duke Mathematical Journal, vol. 29, no. 1, pp. 51–63, 1962.
- K. Douak, “The relation of the d-orthogonal polynomials to the Appell polynomials,” Journal of Computational and Applied Mathematics, vol. 70, no. 2, pp. 279–295, 1996.