- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Abstract and Applied Analysis
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 867598, 14 pages
Convergence Analysis of the Preconditioned Group Splitting Methods in Boundary Value Problems
School of Mathematical Sciences, Universitiy Sains Malaysia, 11800 USM, Pulau Pinang, Malaysia
Received 17 May 2012; Accepted 12 July 2012
Academic Editor: Ravshan Ashurov
Copyright © 2012 Norhashidah Hj. Mohd Ali and Abdulkafi Mohammed Saeed. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- A. R. Abdullah, “The four point explicit decoupled group (EDG) method: a fast poisson solver,” International Journal of Computer Mathematics, vol. 38, pp. 61–70, 1991.
- D. J. Evans and W. S. Yousif, “The implementation of the explicit block iterative methods on the balance 8000 parallel computer,” Parallel Computing, vol. 16, no. 1, pp. 81–97, 1990.
- M. M. Martins, W. S. Yousif, and D. J. Evans, “Explicit group AOR method for solving elliptic partial differential equations,” Neural, Parallel & Scientific Computations, vol. 10, no. 4, pp. 411–422, 2002.
- M. Othman and A. R. Abdullah, “Efficient four points modified explicit group Poisson solver,” International Journal of Computer Mathematics, vol. 76, no. 2, pp. 203–217, 2000.
- W. S. Yousif and D. J. Evans, “Explicit group over-relaxation methods for solving elliptic partial differential equations,” Mathematics and Computers in Simulation, vol. 28, no. 6, pp. 453–466, 1986.
- N. H. M. Ali and K. F. Ng, “Modified explicit decoupled group method in the solution of 2-D elliptic PDEs,” in Proceedings of the 12th WSEAS International Conference on Applied Mathematics, pp. 162–167, Cairo, Egypt, December2007.
- N. H. M. Ali and K. F. Ng, “A new iterative elliptic PDE solver on a distributed PC cluster,” in Proceedings of the 9th International Conference on Parallel and Distributed Computing, Applications and Technologies (PDCAT'08), pp. 47–53, Dunedin, New Zealand, December 2008.
- A. D. Gunawardena, S. K. Jain, and L. Snyder, “Modified iterative methods for consistent linear systems,” Linear Algebra and Its Applications, vol. 154–156, pp. 123–143, 1991.
- S. C. Lee, Point and group iterative method accelerated techniques for solving the Poisson problem [M.S. thesis], USM, Penang, Malaysia, 2006.
- M. M. Martins, D. J. Evans, and W. Yousif, “Further results on the preconditioned SOR method,” International Journal of Computer Mathematics, vol. 77, no. 4, pp. 603–610, 2001.
- M. Usui, T. Kohno, and H. Niki, “On the preconditioned SOR method,” International Journal of Computer Mathematics, vol. 59, no. 1, pp. 123–130, 1995.
- A. M. Saeed and N. H. M. Ali, “Preconditioned group iterative methods on rotated grids,” European Journal of Scientific Research, vol. 37, no. 2, pp. 278–287, 2009.
- A. M. Saeed and N. H. M. Ali, “Preconditioned modified explicit decoupled group method in the solution of elliptic PDEs,” Applied Mathematical Sciences, vol. 4, no. 21–24, pp. 1165–1181, 2010.
- A. M. Saeed and N. H. M. Ali, “On the convergence of the preconditioned group rotated iterative methods in the solution of elliptic PDEs,” Applied Mathematics & Information Sciences, vol. 5, no. 1, pp. 65–73, 2011.
- R. S. Varga, Matrix Iterative Analysis, Prentice-Hall, Englewood Cliffs, NJ, USA, 1962.
- W. S. Yousif and D. J. Evans, “Explicit de-coupled group iterative methods and their parallel implementation,” Parallel Algorithms and Applications, vol. 7, no. 1-2, pp. 53–71, 1995.
- Y. G. Saridakis, “Generalized consistent orderings and the accelerated overrelaxation method,” BIT Numerical Mathematics, vol. 26, no. 3, pp. 369–376, 1986.