- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Abstract and Applied Analysis
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 872187, 15 pages
The Well-Posedness of Solutions for a Generalized Shallow Water Wave Equation
Department of Applied Mathematics, Southwestern University of Finance and Economics, Chengdu 610074, China
Received 9 January 2012; Accepted 28 March 2012
Academic Editor: Yonghong Wu
Copyright © 2012 Shaoyong Lai and Aiyin Wang. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- A. Constantin and D. Lannes, “The hydrodynamical relevance of the Camassa-Holm and Degasperis-Procesi equations,” Archive for Rational Mechanics and Analysis, vol. 192, no. 1, pp. 165–186, 2009.
- R. Camassa and D. D. Holm, “An integrable shallow water equation with peaked solitons,” Physical Review Letters, vol. 71, no. 11, pp. 1661–1664, 1993.
- A. Degasperis and M. Procesi, “Asymptotic integrability,” in Symmetry and Perturbation Theory, vol. 7, pp. 23–37, World Scientific, Singapore, 1999.
- R. S. Johnson, “Camassa-Holm, Korteweg-de Vries and related models for water waves,” Journal of Fluid Mechanics, vol. 455, pp. 63–82, 2002.
- A. Constantin, “The trajectories of particles in Stokes waves,” Inventiones Mathematicae, vol. 166, no. 3, pp. 523–535, 2006.
- A. Constantin and J. Escher, “Particle trajectories in solitary water waves,” Bulletin of American Mathematical Society, vol. 44, no. 3, pp. 423–431, 2007.
- A. Bressan and A. Constantin, “Global conservative solutions of the Camassa-Holm equation,” Archive for Rational Mechanics and Analysis, vol. 183, no. 2, pp. 215–239, 2007.
- G. M. Coclite, H. Holden, and K. H. Karlsen, “Global weak solutions to a generalized hyperelastic-rod wave equation,” SIAM Journal on Mathematical Analysis, vol. 37, no. 4, pp. 1044–1069, 2005.
- A. Constantin and J. Escher, “Wave breaking for nonlinear nonlocal shallow water equations,” Acta Mathematica, vol. 181, no. 2, pp. 229–243, 1998.
- A. Constantin, V. S. Gerdjikov, and R. I. Ivanov, “Inverse scattering transform for the Camassa-Holm equation,” Inverse Problems, vol. 22, no. 6, pp. 2197–2207, 2006.
- A. Constantin and W. A. Strauss, “Stability of peakons,” Communications on Pure and Applied Mathematics, vol. 53, no. 5, pp. 603–610, 2000.
- A. Constantin and J. Escher, “Well-posedness, global existence, and blowup phenomena for a periodic quasi-linear hyperbolic equation,” Communications on Pure and Applied Mathematics, vol. 51, no. 5, pp. 475–504, 1998.
- A. Constantin and R. S. Johnson, “Propagation of very long water waves, with vorticity, over variable depth, with applications to tsunamis,” Fluid Dynamics Research, vol. 40, no. 3, pp. 175–211, 2008.
- A. A. Himonas, G. Misiołek, G. Ponce, and Y. Zhou, “Persistence properties and unique continuation of solutions of the Camassa-Holm equation,” Communications in Mathematical Physics, vol. 271, no. 2, pp. 511–522, 2007.
- H. Holden and X. Raynaud, “Dissipative solutions for the Camassa-Holm equation,” Discrete and Continuous Dynamical Systems. Series A, vol. 24, no. 4, pp. 1047–1112, 2009.
- Y. A. Li and P. J. Olver, “Well-posedness and blow-up solutions for an integrable nonlinearly dispersive model wave equation,” Journal of Differential Equations, vol. 162, no. 1, pp. 27–63, 2000.
- Z. Xin and P. Zhang, “On the weak solutions to a shallow water equation,” Communications on Pure and Applied Mathematics, vol. 53, no. 11, pp. 1411–1433, 2000.
- Y. Liu and Z. Yin, “Global existence and blow-up phenomena for the Degasperis-Procesi equation,” Communications in Mathematical Physics, vol. 267, no. 3, pp. 801–820, 2006.
- Y. Zhou, “Blow-up of solutions to the DGH equation,” Journal of Functional Analysis, vol. 250, no. 1, pp. 227–248, 2007.
- Z. Guo and Y. Zhou, “Wave breaking and persistence properties for the dispersive rod equation,” SIAM Journal on Mathematical Analysis, vol. 40, no. 6, pp. 2567–2580, 2009.
- S. Lai and Y. Wu, “Global solutions and blow-up phenomena to a shallow water equation,” Journal of Differential Equations, vol. 249, no. 3, pp. 693–706, 2010.
- S. Lai and Y. Wu, “A model containing both the Camassa-Holm and Degasperis-Procesi equations,” Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications, vol. 374, no. 2, pp. 458–469, 2011.
- T. Kato, “Quasi-linear equations of evolution, with applications to partial differential equations,” in Spectral Theory and Differential Equations, Lecture Notes in Mathematics, pp. 25–70, Springer, Berlin, Germany, 1975.
- G. Rodríguez-Blanco, “On the Cauchy problem for the Camassa-Holm equation,” Nonlinear Analysis, vol. 46, no. 3, pp. 309–327, 2001.
- Z. Y. Yin, “On the Cauchy problem for an integrable equation with peakon solutions,” Illinois Journal of Mathematics, vol. 47, no. 3, pp. 649–666, 2003.
- T. Kato and G. Ponce, “Commutator estimates and the Euler and Navier-Stokes equations,” Communications on Pure and Applied Mathematics, vol. 41, no. 7, pp. 891–907, 1988.
- W. Walter, Differential and Integral Inequalities, Springer, New York, NY, USA, 1970.