- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Abstract and Applied Analysis
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 892420, 10 pages
New Exact Solutions to the KdV-Burgers-Kuramoto Equation with the Exp-Function Method
Department of Mathematics, Sungkyunkwan University, Suwon 440-746, Republic of Korea
Received 9 February 2012; Accepted 19 March 2012
Academic Editor: Khalida Inayat Noor
Copyright © 2012 Jae-Myoung Kim and Changbum Chun. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- J.-H. He and X.-H. Wu, “Exp-function method for nonlinear wave equations,” Chaos, Solitons and Fractals, vol. 30, no. 3, pp. 700–708, 2006.
- S. D. Zhu, “Exp-function method for the Hybrid-Lattice system,” International Journal of Nonlinear Sciences and Numerical Simulation, vol. 8, no. 3, pp. 461–464, 2007.
- S. D. Zhu, “Exp-function method for the discrete mKdV lattice,” International Journal of Nonlinear Sciences and Numerical Simulation, vol. 8, no. 3, pp. 465–468, 2007.
- S. Zhang, “Explicit and exact nontravelling wave solutions of Konopelchenko-Dubrovsky equations,” Zeitschrift fur Naturforschung A, vol. 62, no. 12, pp. 689–697, 2007.
- S. Zhang, “Application of Exp-function method to a KdV equation with variable coefficients,” Physics Letters A, vol. 365, no. 5-6, pp. 448–453, 2007.
- S. Zhang, “Exp-function method: solitary, periodic and rational wave solutions of nonlinear evolution equations,” Nonlinear Science Letters A, vol. 1, no. 2, pp. 143–146, 2010.
- A. Bekir and A. Boz, “Exact solutions for a class of nonlinear partial differential equations using exp-function method,” International Journal of Nonlinear Sciences and Numerical Simulation, vol. 8, no. 4, pp. 505–512, 2007.
- J. H. He, “An elementary introduction to recently developed asymptotic methods and nanomechanics in textile engineering,” International Journal of Modern Physics B, vol. 22, no. 21, pp. 3487–3578, 2008.
- X. W. Zhou, Y. X. Wen, and J. H. He, “Exp-function method to solve the nonlinear dispersive K(m,n) equations,” International Journal of Nonlinear Sciences and Numerical Simulation, vol. 9, no. 3, pp. 301–306, 2008.
- C. Q. Dai and Y. Y. Wang, “Exact travelling wave solutions of toda lattice equations obtained via the exp-function method,” Zeitschrift fur Naturforschung A, vol. 63, no. 10-11, pp. 657–662, 2008.
- A. Bekir and A. Boz, “Exact solutions for nonlinear evolution equations using Exp-function method,” Physics Letters A, vol. 372, no. 10, pp. 1619–1625, 2008.
- C. Chun, “Solitons and periodic solutions for the fifth-order KdV equation with the Exp-function method,” Physics Letters A, vol. 372, no. 16, pp. 2760–2766, 2008.
- J.-H. He and L.-N. Zhang, “Generalized solitary solution and compacton-like solution of the Jaulent-Miodek equations using the Exp-function method,” Physics Letters A, vol. 372, no. 7, pp. 1044–1047, 2008.
- A. Ebaid, “Exact solitary wave solutions for some nonlinear evolution equations via Exp-function method,” Physics Letters A, vol. 365, no. 3, pp. 213–219, 2007.
- M. A. Noor, K. I. Noor, A. Waheed, and E. A. Al-Said, “Some new solitonary solutions of the modified Benjamin-Bona-Mahony equation,” Computers & Mathematics with Applications, vol. 62, no. 4, pp. 2126–2131, 2011.
- E. M. E. Zayed and M. A. M. Abdelaziz, “Exact solutions for the nonlinear Schrödinger equation with variable coefficients using the generalized extended tanh-function, the sine-cosine and the exp-function methods,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 218, no. 5, pp. 2259–2268, 2011.
- K. Parand and J. A. Rad, “Exp-function method for some nonlinear PDE's and a nonlinear ODE's,” Journal of King Saud University, vol. 24, no. 1, pp. 1–10, 2012.
- Y. Kuramoto and T. Tsuzuki, “Persistent propagation of concentration waves in dissipative media far from thermal equilibrium,” Progress of Theoretical Physics, vol. 55, no. 2, pp. 356–369, 1967.
- T. Kawahara and M. Tanaka, “Interactions of traveling fronts: an exact solution of a nonlinear diffusion equation,” Physics Letters A, vol. 97, no. 8, pp. 311–314, 1983.
- S. Zhang, “New exact solutions of the KdV-Burgers-Kuramoto equation,” Physics Letters A, vol. 358, no. 5-6, pp. 414–420, 2006.
- E. Yusufoğlu and A. Bekir, “The tanh and the sine-cosine methods for exact solutions of the MBBM and the Vakhnenko equations,” Chaos, Solitons & Fractals, vol. 38, no. 4, pp. 1126–1133, 2008.
- E. Fan and H. Zhang, “A note on the homogeneous balance method,” Physics Letters A, vol. 246, no. 5, pp. 403–406, 1998.
- H. B. Lan and K. L. Wang, “Exact solutions for two nonlinear equations. I,” Journal of Physics A, vol. 23, no. 17, pp. 3923–3928, 1990.
- L. Yang and K. Q. Yang, “Solitary wave solutions of generalized Kuramoto-Sivashinsky equations,” Journal of Lanzhou University, vol. 34, no. 4, pp. 53–55, 1998 (Chinese).
- J. Weiss, M. Tabor, and G. Carnevale, “The Painlevé property for partial differential equations,” Journal of Mathematical Physics, vol. 24, no. 3, pp. 522–526, 1983.
- P. A. Clarkson and E. L. Mansfield, “On a shallow water wave equation,” Nonlinearity, vol. 7, no. 3, pp. 975–1000, 1994.