- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Abstract and Applied Analysis
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 910406, 18 pages
The Systems of Nonlinear Gradient Flows on Metric Spaces and Its Gamma-Convergence
Department of Mathematics, Fu Jen Catholic University, New Taipei City 24205, Taiwan
Received 2 July 2012; Accepted 2 September 2012
Academic Editor: Norimichi Hirano
Copyright © 2012 Mao-Sheng Chang and Bo-Cheng Lu. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- E. De Giorgi, A. Marino, and M. Tosques, “Problems of evolution in metric spaces and maximal decreasing curve,” Atti della Accademia Nazionale dei Lincei. Rendiconti. Classe di Scienze Fisiche, Matematiche e Naturali. Serie VIII, vol. 68, no. 3, pp. 180–187, 1980.
- M. Degiovanni, A. Marino, and M. Tosques, “Evolution equations with lack of convexity,” Nonlinear Analysis: Theory, Methods & Applications, vol. 9, no. 12, pp. 1401–1443, 1985.
- A. Marino, C. Saccon, and M. Tosques, “Curves of maximal slope and parabolic variational inequalities on nonconvex constraints,” Annali della Scuola Normale Superiore di Pisa. Classe di Scienze. Serie IV, vol. 16, no. 2, pp. 281–330, 1989.
- L. Ambrosio, “Minimizing movements,” Accademia Nazionale delle Scienze detta dei XL. Rendiconti. V., vol. 19, pp. 191–246, 1995.
- L. Ambrosio, N. Gigli, and G. Savaré, Gradient Flows in Metric Spaces and in the Space of Probability Measures, Lectures in Mathematics ETH Zürich, Birkhäuser, Basel, Switzerland, 2nd edition, 2008.
- E. Sandier and S. Serfaty, “Gamma-convergence of gradient flows with applications to Ginzburg-Landau,” Communications on Pure and Applied Mathematics, vol. 57, no. 12, pp. 1627–1672, 2004.
- N. Q. Le, “A Gamma-convergence approach to the Cahn-Hilliard equation,” Calculus of Variations and Partial Differential Equations, vol. 32, no. 4, pp. 499–522, 2008.
- N. Q. Le, “On the convergence of the Ohta-Kawasaki equation to motion by nonlocal Mullins-Sekerka law,” SIAM Journal on Mathematical Analysis, vol. 42, no. 4, pp. 1602–1638, 2010.
- S. Serfaty, “Gamma-convergence of gradient flows on Hilbert and metric spaces and applications,” Discrete and Continuous Dynamical Systems A, vol. 31, no. 4, pp. 1427–1451, 2011.
- R. L. Wheeden and A. Zygmund, Measure and Integral, Marcel Dekker, New York, NY, USA, 1977.