- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Abstract and Applied Analysis
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 934219, 13 pages
Adaptation of Differential Transform Method for the Numeric-Analytic Solution of Fractional-Order Rössler Chaotic and Hyperchaotic Systems
Department of Mathematics, Faculty of Science, The University of Jordan, Amman 1194, Jordan
Received 20 November 2011; Accepted 15 December 2011
Academic Editor: Muhammad Aslam Noor
Copyright © 2012 Asad Freihat and Shaher Momani. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- J. S. Leszczynski, An Introduction to Fractional Mechanics, Czestochowa University of Technology, Częstochowa, Poland, 2011.
- F. Mainardi, “Fractional calculus: some basic problems in continuum and statistical mechanics,” in Fractals and Fractional Calculus in Continuum Mechanics, A. Carpinteri and F. Mainardi, Eds., pp. 291–348, Springer, New York, NY, USA, 1997.
- M. Caputo, “Linear models of dissipation whose Q is almost frequency independent-II,” Geophysical Journal of the Royal Astronomical Society, vol. 13, no. 5, pp. 529–539, 1967.
- A. A. Kilbas, H. M. Srivastava, and J. J. Trujillo, Theory and Applications of Fractional Differential Equations, Elsevier, Amsterdam, The Netherlands, 2006.
- R. Hilfer, Applications of Fractional Calculus in Physics, World Scientific, New Jersey, NJ, USA, 2000.
- R. L. Bagley and P. J. Torvik, “A theoretical basis for the application of fractional calculus,” Journal of Rheology, vol. 27, no. 3, pp. 201–210, 1983.
- R. L. Bagley and R. A. Calico, “Calico. Fractional order state equations for the control of viscoelastically damped structures,” Journal of Guidance, Control, and Dynamics, vol. 14, no. 2, pp. 304–311, 1991.
- E. J. S. Solteiro Pires, J. A. T. Machado, and P. B. de Moura Oliveira, “Fractional order dynamics in a GA planner,” Signal Processing, vol. 83, no. 11, pp. 2377–2386, 2003.
- K. S. Hedrih and V. N. Stanojevi, “A model of gear transmission: fractional order system dynamics,” Mathematical Problems in Engineering, vol. 2010, Article ID 972873, 2010.
- J. Cao, C. Ma, H. Xie, and Z. Jiang, “Nonlinear dynamics of duffing system with fractional order damping,” Journal of Computational and Nonlinear Dynamics, vol. 5, no. 4, pp. 041012–041018, 2010.
- C. P. Li and G. Chen, “Chaos and hyperchaos in the fractional-order Rössler equations,” Physica A, vol. 341, no. 1–4, pp. 55–61, 2004.
- K. Moaddy, S. Momani, and I. Hashim, “Non-standard finite difference schemes for solving fractional–order Rössler chaotic and hyperchaotic system,,” Computers & Mathematics with Applications, vol. 61, no. 4, pp. 1209–1216, 2011.
- Z. Odibat, S. Momani, and V. S. Erturk, “Generalized differential transform method: application to differential equations of fractional order,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 197, no. 2, pp. 467–477, 2008.
- S. Momani and Z. Odibat, “A novel method for nonlinear fractional partial differential equations: combination of DTM and generalized Taylor's formula,” Journal of Computational and Applied Mathematics, vol. 220, no. 1-2, pp. 85–95, 2008.
- Z. Odibat and S. Momani, “A generalized differential transform method for linear partial differential equations of fractional order,” Applied Mathematics Letters, vol. 21, no. 2, pp. 194–199, 2008.
- V. S. Erturk, S. Momani, and Z. Odibat, “Application of generalized differential transform method to multi-order fractional differential equations,” Communications in Nonlinear Science and Numerical Simulation, vol. 13, no. 8, pp. 1642–1654, 2008.
- Z. Odibat, C. Bertelle, M. A. Aziz-Alaoui, and G. Duchamp, “A multi-step differential transform method and application to non-chaotic or chaotic systems,” Computers & Mathematics with Applications, vol. 59, no. 4, pp. 1462–1472, 2010.
- V. S. Ertürk, Z. Odibat, and S. Momani, “An approximate solution of a fractional order differential equation model of human T-cell lymphotropic virus I (HTLV-I) infection of CD4+ T-cells,” Computers & Mathematics with Applications, vol. 62, no. 3, pp. 996–1002, 2011.
- I. Podlubny, Fractional Differential Equations, vol. 198, Academic Press Inc., San Diego, CA, USA, 1999.
- S. Miller and B. Ross, An Introduction to the Fractional Calculus and Fractional Differential Equations, John Wiley & Sons, New York, NY, USA, 1993.
- J. T. Machado, V. Kiryakova, and F. Mainardi, “Recent history of fractional calculus,” Communications in Nonlinear Science and Numerical Simulation, vol. 16, no. 3, pp. 1140–1153, 2011.
- O. E. Rössler, “An equation for continuous chaos,” Physics Letters A, vol. 57, no. 5, p. 397, 1976.
- O. E. Rössler, “An equation for hyperchaos,” Physics Letters A, vol. 71, no. 2-3, pp. 155–157, 1979.