- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Abstract and Applied Analysis
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 960289, 16 pages
On Spectral Homotopy Analysis Method for Solving Linear Volterra and Fredholm Integrodifferential Equations
Department of Mathematics, Universiti Putra Malaysia (UPM), Selangor, 43400 Serdang, Malaysia
Received 12 June 2012; Revised 19 September 2012; Accepted 4 October 2012
Academic Editor: Lishan Liu
Copyright © 2012 Z. Pashazadeh Atabakan et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- L. K. Forbes, S. Crozier, and D. M. Doddrell, “Calculating current densities and fields produced by shielded magnetic resonance imaging probes,” SIAM Journal on Applied Mathematics, vol. 57, no. 2, pp. 401–425, 1997.
- K. Parand, S. Abbasbandy, S. Kazem, and J. A. Rad, “A novel application of radial basis functions for solving a model of first-order integro-ordinary differential equation,” Communications in Nonlinear Science and Numerical Simulation, vol. 16, no. 11, pp. 4250–4258, 2011.
- P. Darania and A. Ebadian, “A method for the numerical solution of the integro-differential equations,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 188, no. 1, pp. 657–668, 2007.
- A. Karamete and M. Sezer, “A Taylor collocation method for the solution of linear integro-differential equations,” International Journal of Computer Mathematics, vol. 79, no. 9, pp. 987–1000, 2002.
- S. J. Liao, The proposed homotopy analysis technique for the solution of nonlinear problems [Ph.D. thesis], Shanghai Jiao Tong University, 1992.
- A. M. Lyapunov, The General Problem of the Stability of Motion, Taylor & Francis, London, UK, 1992.
- G. Adomian, “A review of the decomposition method and some recent results for nonlinear equations,” Mathematical and Computer Modelling, vol. 13, no. 7, pp. 17–43, 1990.
- G. Adomian and R. Rach, “Noise terms in decomposition solution series,” Computers & Mathematics with Applications, vol. 24, no. 11, pp. 61–64, 1992.
- G. Adomian and R. Rach, “Analytic solution of nonlinear boundary value problems in several dimensions by decomposition,” Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications, vol. 174, no. 1, pp. 118–137, 1993.
- G. Adomian, Solving Frontier Problems of Physics: The Decomposition Method, vol. 60, Kluwer Academic, Boston, Mass, USA, 1994.
- P. K. Bera and J. Datta, “Linear delta expansion technique for the solution of anharmonic oscillations,” Pramana Journal of Physics, vol. 68, no. 1, pp. 117–122, 2007.
- S. Liao, “On the homotopy analysis method for nonlinear problems,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 147, no. 2, pp. 499–513, 2004.
- J. H. He, “The homotopy perturbation method for nonlinear oscillators with discontinuities,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 151, no. 1, pp. 287–292, 2004.
- G. Domairry, A. Mohsenzadeh, and M. Famouri, “The application of homotopy analysis method to solve nonlinear differential equation governing Jeffery-Hamel flow,” Communications in Nonlinear Science and Numerical Simulation, vol. 14, no. 1, pp. 85–95, 2009.
- Z. Ziabakhsh and G. Domairry, “Solution of the laminar viscous flow in a semi-porous channel in the presence of a uniform magnetic field by using the homotopy analysis method,” Communications in Nonlinear Science and Numerical Simulation, vol. 14, no. 4, pp. 1284–1294, 2009.
- J.-H. He, “Homotopy perturbation technique,” Computer Methods in Applied Mechanics and Engineering, vol. 178, no. 3-4, pp. 257–262, 1999.
- T. Hayat, S. Noreen, and M. Sajid, “Heat transfer analysis of the steady flow of a fourth grade fluid,” International Journal of Thermal Sciences, vol. 47, no. 5, pp. 591–599, 2008.
- M. Jalaal, D. D. Ganji, and G. Ahmadi, “Analytical investigation on acceleration motion of a vertically falling spherical particle in incompressible Newtonian media,” Advanced Powder Technology, vol. 21, no. 3, pp. 298–304, 2010.
- D. D. Ganji, G. A. Afrouzi, and R. A. Talarposhti, “Application of variational iteration method and homotopy-perturbation method for nonlinear heat diffusion and heat transfer equations,” Physics Letters, Section A, vol. 368, no. 6, pp. 450–457, 2007.
- S. Abbasbandy, “Modified homotopy perturbation method for nonlinear equations and comparison with Adomian decomposition method,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 172, no. 1, pp. 431–438, 2006.
- S. S. Motsa, P. Sibanda, and S. Shateyi, “A new spectral-homotopy analysis method for solving a nonlinear second order BVP,” Communications in Nonlinear Science and Numerical Simulation, vol. 15, no. 9, pp. 2293–2302, 2010.
- S. S. Motsa, P. Sibanda, F. G. Awad, and S. Shateyi, “A new spectral-homotopy analysis method for the MHD Jeffery-Hamel problem,” Computers & Fluids, vol. 39, no. 7, pp. 1219–1225, 2010.
- S. S. Motsa and P. Sibanda, “A new algorithm for solving singular IVPs of Lane-Emden type,” in Proceedings of the 4th International Conference on Applied Mathematics, Simulation, Modelling (ASM '10), pp. 176–180, Corfu Island, Greece, July 2010.
- W. S. Don and A. Solomonoff, “Accuracy and speed in computing the Chebyshev collocation derivative,” SIAM Journal on Scientific Computing, vol. 16, no. 6, pp. 1253–1268, 1995.
- L. M. Delves and J. L. Mohamed, Computational Methods for Integral Equations, Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, UK, 1985.
- K. Maleknejad, S. Sohrabi, and Y. Rostami, “Numerical solution of nonlinear Volterra integral equations of the second kind by using Chebyshev polynomials,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 188, no. 1, pp. 123–128, 2007.
- S. Yalçinbaş, M. Sezer, and H. H. Sorkun, “Legendre polynomial solutions of high-order linear Fredholm integro-differential equations,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 210, no. 2, pp. 334–349, 2009.
- H. M. Jaradat, F. Awawdeh, and O. Alsayyed, “Series solution to the high-order integro-differential equations,” Fascicola Matematica, vol. 16, pp. 247–257, 2009.