- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Abstract and Applied Analysis
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 963105, 13 pages
Existence of Three Solutions for a Nonlinear Fractional Boundary Value Problem via a Critical Points Theorem
Department of Mathematics, Huaiyin Normal University, Jiangsu, Huaian 223300, China
Received 13 May 2012; Revised 8 July 2012; Accepted 9 July 2012
Academic Editor: Bashir Ahmad
Copyright © 2012 Chuanzhi Bai. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- K. S. Miller and B. Ross, An Introduction to the Fractional Calculus and Fractional Differential Equations, John Wiley & Sons, New York, NY, USA, 1993.
- S. G. Samko, A. A. Kilbas, and O. I. Marichev, Fractional Integrals and Derivatives: Theory and Applications, Gordon and Breach Science Publishers, Longhorne, Pa, USA, 1993.
- I. Podlubny, Fractional Differential Equations, Academic Press, San Diego, Calif, USA, 1999.
- R. Hilfer, Applications of Fractional Calculus in Physics, World Scientic, Singapore, Singapore, 2000.
- A. A. Kilbas, H. M. Srivastava, and J. J. Trujillo, Theory and Applications of Fractional Dierential Equations, Elsevier, Amsterdam, The Netherlands, 2006.
- V. Lakshmikantham and A. S. Vatsala, “Basic theory of fractional differential equations,” Nonlinear Analysis. Theory, Methods & Applications, vol. 69, no. 8, pp. 2677–2682, 2008.
- R. P. Agarwal, M. Benchohra, and S. Hamani, “A survey on existence results for boundary value problems of nonlinear fractional differential equations and inclusions,” Acta Applicandae Mathematicae, vol. 109, no. 3, pp. 973–1033, 2010.
- B. Ahmad and J. J. Nieto, “Existence results for a coupled system of nonlinear fractional differential equations with three-point boundary conditions,” Computers & Mathematics with Applications, vol. 58, no. 9, pp. 1838–1843, 2009.
- Z. Bai and H. Lü, “Positive solutions for boundary value problem of nonlinear fractional differential equation,” Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications, vol. 311, no. 2, pp. 495–505, 2005.
- C. Bai, “Impulsive periodic boundary value problems for fractional differential equation involving Riemann-Liouville sequential fractional derivative,” Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications, vol. 384, no. 2, pp. 211–231, 2011.
- C. Bai, “Solvability of multi-point boundary value problem of nonlinear impulsive fractional differential equation at resonance,” Electronic Journal of Qualitative Theory of Differential Equations, vol. 89, pp. 1–19, 2011.
- M. Benchohra, S. Hamani, and S. K. Ntouyas, “Boundary value problems for differential equations with fractional order and nonlocal conditions,” Nonlinear Analysis. Theory, Methods & Applications, vol. 71, no. 7-8, pp. 2391–2396, 2009.
- N. Kosmatov, “Integral equations and initial value problems for nonlinear differential equations of fractional order,” Nonlinear Analysis. Theory, Methods & Applications, vol. 70, no. 7, pp. 2521–2529, 2009.
- J. Wang and Y. Zhou, “A class of fractional evolution equations and optimal controls,” Nonlinear Analysis. Real World Applications, vol. 12, no. 1, pp. 262–272, 2011.
- J. Wang and Y. Zhou, “Existence and controllability results for fractional semilinear differential inclusions,” Nonlinear Analysis. Real World Applications, vol. 12, no. 6, pp. 3642–3653, 2011.
- J. Wang, Y. Zhou, and W. Wei, “Optimal feedback control for semilinear fractional evolution equations in Banach spaces,” Systems and Control Letters, vol. 61, no. 4, pp. 472–476, 2012.
- J. Wang, Y. Zhou, and M. Medved, “On the solvability and optimal controls of fractional integrodifferential evolution systems with infinite delay,” Journal of Optimization Theory and Applications, vol. 152, no. 1, pp. 31–50, 2012.
- J. Wang, M. Fěčkan, and Y. Zhou, “On the new concept of solutions and existence results for impulsive fractional evolution equations,” Dynamics of Partial Differential Equations, vol. 8, no. 4, pp. 345–361, 2011.
- Z. Wei, W. Dong, and J. Che, “Periodic boundary value problems for fractional differential equations involving a Riemann-Liouville fractional derivative,” Nonlinear Analysis. Theory, Methods & Applications, vol. 73, no. 10, pp. 3232–3238, 2010.
- S. Zhang, “Positive solutions to singular boundary value problem for nonlinear fractional differential equation,” Computers & Mathematics with Applications, vol. 59, no. 3, pp. 1300–1309, 2010.
- P. H. Rabinowitz, “Minimax methods in critical point theory with applications to differential equations,” in Proceedings of the Conference Board of the Mathematical Sciences (CBMS '86), vol. 65, American Mathematical Society, 1986.
- J. Mawhin and M. Willem, Critical Point Theory and Hamiltonian Systems, Springer-Verlag, New York, NY, USA, 1989.
- F. Li, Z. Liang, and Q. Zhang, “Existence of solutions to a class of nonlinear second order two-point boundary value problems,” Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications, vol. 312, no. 1, pp. 357–373, 2005.
- C.-L. Tang and X.-P. Wu, “Some critical point theorems and their applications to periodic solution for second order Hamiltonian systems,” Journal of Differential Equations, vol. 248, no. 4, pp. 660–692, 2010.
- J.-N. Corvellec, V. V. Motreanu, and C. Saccon, “Doubly resonant semilinear elliptic problems via nonsmooth critical point theory,” Journal of Differential Equations, vol. 248, no. 8, pp. 2064–2091, 2010.
- F. Jiao and Y. Zhou, “Existence of solutions for a class of fractional boundary value problems via critical point theory,” Computers & Mathematics with Applications, vol. 62, no. 3, pp. 1181–1199, 2011.
- G. Bonanno, “A critical points theorem and nonlinear differential problems,” Journal of Global Optimization, vol. 28, no. 3-4, pp. 249–258, 2004.