- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Abstract and Applied Analysis
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 979138, 19 pages
Limit-Point/Limit-Circle Results for Equations with Damping
1Faculty of Science, Masaryk University Brno, Kotlářská 2, 611 37 Brno, Czech Republic
2Department of Mathematics, University of Tennessee at Chattanooga, Chattanooga, TN 37403, USA
Received 27 September 2012; Accepted 12 December 2012
Academic Editor: Elena Braverman
Copyright © 2012 M. Bartušek and John R. Graef. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- M. Bartušek and E. Pekárková, “On existence of proper solutions of quasilinear second order differential equations,” Electronic Journal of Qualitative Theory of Differential Equations, vol. 2007, no. 1, pp. 1–14, 2007.
- M. Bartušek, Z. Došlá, and J. R. Graef, The Nonlinear Limit–Point/Limit–Circle Problem, Birkhäuser, Boston, Mass, USA, 2004.
- M. Bartušek and J. R. Graef, “Nonlinear limit-point/limit-circle properties of solutions of second order differential equations with -Laplacian,” International Journal of Pure and Applied Mathematics, vol. 45, no. 4, pp. 501–518, 2008.
- M. Bartušek and J. R. Graef, “Strong nonlinear limit-point/limit-circle properties for forced Thomas-Fermi equations with -Laplacian,” Panamerican Mathematical Journal, vol. 18, no. 1, pp. 73–88, 2008.
- M. Bartušek and J. R. Graef, “Asymptotic behavior of solutions of a differential equation with p-Laplacian and forcing term,” Differential Equations and Dynamical Systems, vol. 15, pp. 61–87, 2007.
- M. Bartušek and J. R. Graef, “The strong nonlinear limit-point/limit-circle properties for super-half-linear equations,” Panamerican Mathematical Journal, vol. 17, no. 1, pp. 25–38, 2007.
- M. Bartušek and J. R. Graef, “The strong nonlinear limit-point/limit-circle properties for sub-half-linear equations,” Dynamic Systems and Applications, vol. 15, no. 3-4, pp. 585–602, 2006.
- M. Bartušek and J. R. Graef, “The strong limit-point property for Emden-Fowler equations,” Differential Equations and Dynamical Systems, vol. 14, no. 3-4, pp. 383–405, 2006.
- M. Bartušek and J. R. Graef, “Asymptotic properties of solutions of a forced second order differential equation with -Laplacian,” Panamerican Mathematical Journal, vol. 16, no. 2, pp. 41–59, 2006.
- M. Bartušek and J. R. Graef, “The nonlinear limit-point/limit-circle problem for second order equations with -Laplacian,” Dynamic Systems and Applications, vol. 14, no. 3-4, pp. 431–446, 2005.
- M. Bartušek and J. R. Graef, “Some limit-point and limit-circle results for second order Emden-Fowler equations,” Applicable Analysis, vol. 83, no. 5, pp. 461–476, 2004.
- J. R. Graef, “Limit circle criteria and related properties for nonlinear equations,” Journal of Differential Equations, vol. 35, no. 3, pp. 319–338, 1980.
- J. R. Graef, “Limit circle type results for sublinear equations,” Pacific Journal of Mathematics, vol. 104, no. 1, pp. 85–94, 1983.
- J. R. Graef and P. W. Spikes, “On the nonlinear limit-point/limit-circle problem,” Nonlinear Analysis, vol. 7, no. 8, pp. 851–871, 1983.
- H. Weyl, “Über gewöhnliche Differentialgleichungen mit Singularitäten und die zugehörigen Entwicklungen willkürlicher Funktionen,” Mathematische Annalen, vol. 68, no. 2, pp. 220–269, 1910.
- O. Došlý and P. Řehák, Half-Linear Differential Equations, vol. 202 of North-Holland Mathematics Studies, Elsevier, Amsterdam, The Netherlands, 2005.
- J. Shao and W. Song, “Limit circle/limit point criteria for second-order sublinear differential equations with damping term,” Abstract and Applied Analysis, vol. 2011, Article ID 803137, 12 pages, 2011.
- L. Xing, W. Song, Z. Zhang, and Q. Xu, “Limit circle/limit point criteria for second-order superlinear differential equations with a damping term,” Journal of Applied Mathematics, vol. 2011, Article ID 361961, 11 pages, 2012.
- N. Dunford and J. T. Schwartz, Linear Operators; Part II: Spectral Theory, John Wiley & Sons, New York, NY, USA, 1963.