- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Abstract and Applied Analysis
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 128458, 6 pages
On an Extension of Kummer's Second Theorem
1Department of Mathematics and Statistics, College of Science, Sultan Qaboos University, P.O. Box 36 (123), Alkhoud, Muscat, Oman
2Department of Mathematics, Faculty of Science, Suez Canal University, Ismailia 41511, Egypt
3Department of Mathematics, School of Mathematical and Physical Sciences, Central University of Kerala, Riverside Transit Campus, Padennakkad P.O. Nileshwar, Kasaragod, Kerala 671 328, India
Received 4 December 2012; Accepted 26 February 2013
Academic Editor: Adem Kiliçman
Copyright © 2013 Medhat A. Rakha et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- Y. S. Kim, M. A. Rakha, and A. K. Rathie, “Generalizations of Kummer's second theorem with application,” Journal of Computational Mathematics and Mathematical Physics, vol. 50, no. 3, pp. 387–402, 2010.
- Y. S. Kim, M. A. Rakha, and A. K. Rathie, “Extensions of certain classical summation theorems for the series 2, 3, and 4 with applications in Ramanujan's summations,” International Journal of Mathematics and Mathematical Sciences, vol. 2010, Article ID 309503, 26 pages, 2010.
- M. A. Rakha and A. K. Rathie, “Generalizations of classical summation theorems for the series 2 and 3 with applications,” Integral Transforms and Special Functions, vol. 22, no. 11, pp. 823–840, 2011.
- W. N. Bailey, “Products of generalized hypergeometric series,” Proceedings of the London Mathematical Society, vol. 28, no. 1, pp. 242–250, 1928.
- E. E. Kummer, “Über die hypergeometridche Reihe,” Journal für Die Reine Und Angewandte Mathematik, vol. 15, pp. 39–83, 1836.
- J. Choi and A. K. Rathie, “Another proof of Kummer's second theorem,” Communications of the Korean Mathematical Society, vol. 13, no. 4, pp. 933–936, 1998.
- E. D. Rainville, Special Functions, The Macmillan Company, New York, NY, USA, 1960.
- A. K. Rathie and V. Nagar, “On Kummer's second theorem involving product of generalized hypergeometric series,” Le Matematiche, vol. 50, no. 1, pp. 35–38, 1995.
- J.-L. Lavoie, F. Grondin, and A. K. Rathie, “Generalizations of Watson's theorem on the sum of a 3,” Indian Journal of Mathematics, vol. 34, no. 1, pp. 23–32, 1992.
- A. K. Rathie and T. K. Pogány, “New summation formula for 3 and a Kummer-type II transformation of 2,” Mathematical Communications, vol. 13, no. 1, pp. 63–66, 2008.
- M. A. Rakha, “A note on Kummer-type II transformation for the generalized hypergeometric function 2,” Mathematical Notes, vol. 19, no. 1, pp. 154–156, 2012.
- Y. S. Kim, J. Choi, and A. K. Rathie, “Two results for the terminating 3 with applications,” Bulletin of the Korean Mathematical Society, vol. 49, no. 3, pp. 621–633, 2012.