- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Abstract and Applied Analysis
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 145967, 11 pages
On the Estimations of the Small Periodic Eigenvalues
Department of Mathematics, Dogus University, Acıbadem, Kadiköy, 81010 Istanbul, Turkey
Received 15 April 2013; Revised 13 June 2013; Accepted 16 June 2013
Academic Editor: Ferhan M. Atici
Copyright © 2013 Seza Dinibütün and O. A. Veliev. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- M. S. P. Eastham, The Spectral Theory of Periodic Differential Equations, Scottish Acedemic Press, Edinburg, UK, 1973.
- J. Pöschel and E. Trubowitz, Inverse Spectral Theory, Academic Press, Boston, Mass, USA, 1987.
- A. L. Andrew, “Correction of finite element eigenvalues for problems with natural or periodic boundary conditions,” BIT, vol. 28, no. 2, pp. 254–269, 1988.
- A. L. Andrew, “Correction of finite difference eigenvalues of periodic Sturm-Liouville problems,” Journal of Australian Mathematical Society B, vol. 30, no. 4, pp. 460–469, 1989.
- D. J. Condon, “Corrected finite difference eigenvalues of periodic Sturm-Liouville problems,” Applied Numerical Mathematics, vol. 30, no. 4, pp. 393–401, 1999.
- G. Vanden Berghe, M. Van Daele, and H. De Meyer, “A modified difference scheme for periodic and semiperiodic Sturm-Liouville problems,” Applied Numerical Mathematics, vol. 18, no. 1–3, pp. 69–78, 1995.
- X. Ji and Y. S. Wong, “Prüfer method for periodic and semi-periodic sturm-liouville eigenvalue problems,” International Journal of Computer Mathematics, vol. 39, pp. 109–123, 1991.
- Y. S. Wong and X. Z. Ji, “On shooting algorithm for Sturm-Liouville eigenvalue problems with periodic and semi-periodic boundary conditions,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 51, no. 2-3, pp. 87–104, 1992.
- X. Z. Ji, “On a shooting algorithm for Sturm-Liouville eigenvalue problems with periodic and semi-periodic boundary conditions,” Journal of Computational Physics, vol. 111, no. 1, pp. 74–80, 1994.
- V. Malathi, M. B. Suleiman, and B. B. Taib, “Computing eigenvalues of periodic Sturm-Liouville problems using shooting technique and direct integration method,” International Journal of Computer Mathematics, vol. 68, no. 1-2, pp. 119–132, 1998.
- O. A. Veliev and M. T. Duman, “The spectral expansion for a nonself-adjoint Hill operator with a locally integrable potential,” Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications, vol. 265, no. 1, pp. 76–90, 2002.
- J. Avron and B. Simon, “The asymptotics of the gap in the Mathieu equation,” Annals of Physics, vol. 134, no. 1, pp. 76–84, 1981.