- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Abstract and Applied Analysis
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 146137, 10 pages
Exact Asymptotic Stability Analysis and Region-of-Attraction Estimation for Nonlinear Systems
1Shanghai Key Laboratory of Trustworthy Computing, East China Normal University, Shanghai 200062, China
2College of Mathematics and Information Science, Wenzhou University, Wenzhou Zhejiang 325035, China
Received 14 November 2012; Revised 11 February 2013; Accepted 20 February 2013
Academic Editor: Fabio M. Camilli
Copyright © 2013 Min Wu et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- A. Polański, “Lyapunov function construction by linear programming,” Transactions on Automatic Control, vol. 42, no. 7, pp. 1013–1016, 1997.
- T. A. Johansen, “Computation of Lyapunov functions for smooth nonlinear systems using convex optimization,” Automatica, vol. 36, no. 11, pp. 1617–1626, 2000.
- L. Grüne and F. Wirth, “Computing control Lyapunov functions via a Zubov type algorithm,” in Proceedings of the 39th IEEE Confernce on Decision and Control, vol. 3, pp. 2129–2134, IEEE, December 2000.
- R. C. L. F. Oliveira and P. L. D. Peres, “LMI conditions for robust stability analysis based on polynomially parameter-dependent Lyapunov functions,” Systems & Control Letters, vol. 55, no. 1, pp. 52–61, 2006.
- G. Chesi, A. Garulli, A. Tesi, and A. Vicino, “LMI-based computation of optimal quadratic Lyapunov functions for odd polynomial systems,” International Journal of Robust and Nonlinear Control, vol. 15, no. 1, pp. 35–49, 2005.
- J. Liu, N. Zhan, and H. Zhao, “Automatically discovering relaxed Lyapunov functions for polynomial dynamical systems,” Mathematics in Computer Science, vol. 6, no. 4, pp. 395–408, 2012.
- T. Nguyen, Y. Mori, T. Mori, and Y. Kuroe, “QE approach to common Lyapunov function problem,” Journal of Japan Society for Symbolic and Algebraic Computation, vol. 10, no. 1, pp. 52–62, 2003.
- A. Papachristodoulou and S. Prajna, “On the construction of Lyapunov functions using the sum of squares decomposition,” in Proceedings of the 41st IEEE Conference on Decision and Control, vol. 3, pp. 3482–3487, IEEE, December 2002.
- Z. She, B. Xia, R. Xiao, and Z. Zheng, “A semi-algebraic approach for asymptotic stability analysis,” Nonlinear Analysis: Hybrid Systems, vol. 3, no. 4, pp. 588–596, 2009.
- B. Grosman and D. R. Lewin, “Lyapunov-based stability analysis automated by genetic programming,” Automatica, vol. 45, no. 1, pp. 252–256, 2009.
- K. Forsman, “Construction of Lyapunov functions using Grobner bases,” in Proceedings of the 30th IEEE Conference on Decision and Control, pp. 798–799, IEEE, December 1991.
- Z. She, B. Xue, and Z. Zheng, “Algebraic analysis on asymptotic stability of continuous dynamical systems,” in Proceedings of the 36th International Symposium on Symbolic and Algebraic Computation, pp. 313–320, ACM, 2011.
- S. Prajna, P. A. Parrilo, and A. Rantzer, “Nonlinear control synthesis by convex optimization,” Transactions on Automatic Control, vol. 49, no. 2, pp. 310–314, 2004.
- B. Xia, “DISCOVERER: a tool for solving semi-algebraic systems,” ACM Communications in Computer Algebra, vol. 41, no. 3, pp. 102–103, 2007.
- P. Giesl, “Construction of a local and global Lyapunov function using radial basis functions,” IMA Journal of Applied Mathematics, vol. 73, no. 5, pp. 782–802, 2008.
- H.-D. Chiang and J. S. Thorp, “Stability regions of nonlinear dynamical systems: a constructive methodology,” Transactions on Automatic Control, vol. 34, no. 12, pp. 1229–1241, 1989.
- E. J. Davison and E. M. Kurak, “A computational method for determining quadratic Lyapunov functions for non-linear systems,” vol. 7, no. 5, pp. 627–636, 1971.
- E. Cruck, R. Moitie, and N. Seube, “Estimation of basins of attraction for uncertain systems with affine and Lipschitz dynamics,” Dynamics and Control, vol. 11, no. 3, pp. 211–227, 2001.
- R. Genesio, M. Tartaglia, and A. Vicino, “On the estimation of asymptotic stability regions: state of the art and new proposals,” Transactions on Automatic Control, vol. 30, no. 8, pp. 747–755, 1985.
- Z. Jarvis-Wloszek, Lyapunov based analysis and controller synthesis for polynomial systems using sum-of-squares optimization [Ph.D. thesis], University of California, Berkeley, Calif, USA, 2003.
- S. Prakash, J. Vanualailai, and T. Soma, “Obtaining approximate region of asymptotic stability by computer algebra: a case study,” The South Pacific Journal of Natural and Applied Sciences, vol. 20, no. 1, pp. 56–61, 2002.
- T. Weehong and A. Packard, “Stability region analysis using sum of squares programming,” in Proceedings of the American Control Conference (ACC '06), pp. 2297–2302, IEEE, June 2006.
- P. A. Parrilo, “Semidefinite programming relaxations for semialgebraic problems,” Mathematical Programming B, vol. 96, no. 2, pp. 293–320, 2003.
- S. Prajna, A. Papachristodoulou, and P. Parrilo, 2002, SOSTOOLS: Sum of squares optimization toolbox for MATLAB, http://www.cds.caltech.edu/sostools.
- J. Löfberg, “YALMIP: a toolbox for modeling and optimization in MATLAB,” in Proceedings of the 2004 IEEE International Symposium on Computer Aided Control System Design, pp. 284–289, September 2004.
- J. F. Sturm, “Using SeDuMi 1.02, a MATLAB toolbox for optimization over symmetric cones,” Optimization Methods and Software, vol. 11, no. 1–4, pp. 625–653, 1999.
- M. Kocvara and M. Stingl, PENBMI User's Guide (version 2. 0), http://www.penopt.com, 2005.
- E. Kaltofen, B. Li, Z. Yang, and L. Zhi, “Exact certification of global optimality of approximate factorizations via rationalizing sums-of-squares with floating point scalars,” in Proceedings of the 21th International Symposium on Symbolic and Algebraic Computation (ISSAC '08), pp. 155–164, ACM, Hagenberg, Austria, July 2008.
- E. L. Kaltofen, B. Li, Z. Yang, and L. Zhi, “Exact certification in global polynomial optimization via sums-of-squares of rational functions with rational coefficients,” Journal of Symbolic Computation, vol. 47, no. 1, pp. 1–15, 2012.
- A. Platzer and E. M. Clarke, “The image computation problem in hybrid systems model checking,” in Proceedings of the 10th International Conference on Hybrid Systems: Computation and Control (HSCC '07), vol. 4416, pp. 473–486, Springer, April 2007.
- H. Khalil, Nonlinear Systems, Prentice hall, Upper Saddle River, NJ, USA, 3rd edition, 2002.
- J. Bochnak, M. Coste, and M. Roy, Real Algebraic Geometry, Springer, Berlin, Germany, 1998.
- G. Chesi, “LMI techniques for optimization over polynomials in control: a survey,” Transactions on Automatic Control, vol. 55, no. 11, pp. 2500–2510, 2010.
- F. Leibfritz and E. M. E. Mostafa, “An interior point constrained trust region method for a special class of nonlinear semidefinite programming problems,” SIAM Journal on Optimization, vol. 12, no. 4, pp. 1048–1074, 2002.
- M. Kočvara and M. Stingl, “Pennon: a code for convex nonlinear and semidefinite programming,” Optimization Methods & Software, vol. 18, no. 3, pp. 317–333, 2003.
- M. Wu and Z. Yang, “Generating invariants of hybrid systems via sums-of-squares of polynomials with rational coefficients,” in Proceedings of the International Workshop on Symbolic-Numeric Computation, pp. 104–111, ACM Press, 2011.
- W. Lin, M. Wu, Z. Yang, and Z. Zeng, “Exact safety verification of hybrid systems using sums-of-squares representation,” Science China Information Sciences, 15 pages, 2012.
- Z. Yang, M. Wu, and W. Lin, “Exact verification of hybrid systems based on bilinear SOS representation,” 19 pages, 2012, http://arxiv.org/abs/1201.4219.
- A. Papachristodoulou and S. Prajna, “A tutorial on sum of squares techniques for systems analysis,” in Proceedings of the American Control Conference (ACC '05), pp. 2686–2700, IEEE, June 2005.
- J. Löfberg, “Modeling and solving uncertain optimization problems in YALMIP,” in Proceedings of the 17th World Congress, International Federation of Automatic Control (IFAC '08), pp. 1337–1341, July 2008.
- U. Topcu, A. Packard, and P. Seiler, “Local stability analysis using simulations and sum-of-squares programming,” Automatica, vol. 44, no. 10, pp. 2669–2675, 2008.