- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Abstract and Applied Analysis
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 147409, 9 pages
The Existence and Attractivity of Solutions of an Urysohn Integral Equation on an Unbounded Interval
1Mathematics Department, Science Faculty for Girls, King Abdulaziz University, Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
2Department of Mathematics, Rzeszów University of Technology, al. Powstańców Warszawy 8, 35-959 Rzeszów, Poland
3Mathematics Depertment, Faculty of Science, King Abdulaziz University, Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
Received 21 August 2013; Accepted 4 September 2013
Academic Editor: Mohammad Mursaleen
Copyright © 2013 Mohamed Abdalla Darwish et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- J. Banaś and K. Sadarangani, “Compactness conditions in the study of functional, differential, and integral equations,” Abstract and Applied Analysis, vol. 2013, Article ID 819315, 14 pages, 2013.
- K. Deimling, Nonlinear Functional Analysis, Springer, Berlin, Germany, 1985.
- M. A. Krasnosel'skii, P. P. Zabrejko, J. I. Pustylnik, and P. I. Sobolevskii, Integral Operators in Spaces of Summable Functions, Nordhoff, Leyden, Mass, USA, 1976.
- P. P. Zabrejko, A. I. Koshelev, M. A. Krasnosel'skii, S. G. Mikhlin, L. S. Rakovschik, and V. J. Stetsenko, Integral Equations, Nordhoff, Leyden, Mass, USA, 1975.
- I. J. Cabrera and K. B. Sadarangani, “Existence of solutions of a nonlinear integral equation on an unbounded interval,” Dynamic Systems and Applications, vol. 18, no. 3-4, pp. 551–570, 2009.
- C. Corduneanu, Intergral Equations and Applications, Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, UK, 1991.
- N. Dunford and J. T. Schwartz, Linear Operators I, International Publishing, Leyden, The Netherlands, 1963.
- D. O'Regan and M. Meehan, Existence Theory for Nonlinear Integral and Integrodifferential Equations, Kluwer Academic, Dordrecht, The Netherlands, 1998.
- R. P. Agarwal, J. Banaś, K. Banaś, and D. O'Regan, “Solvability of a quadratic Hammerstein integral equation in the class of functions having limits at infinity,” Journal of Integral Equations and Applications, vol. 23, no. 2, pp. 157–181, 2011.
- J. Banaś and L. Olszowy, “On solutions of a quadratic Urysohn integral equation on an unbounded interval,” Dynamic Systems and Applications, vol. 17, no. 2, pp. 255–270, 2008.
- M. A. Darwish and J. Henderson, “Nondecreasing solutions of a quadratic integral equation of Urysohn-Stieltjes type,” The Rocky Mountain Journal of Mathematics, vol. 42, no. 2, pp. 545–566, 2012.
- M. A. Darwish and K. Sadarangani, “Nondecreasing solutions of a quadratic Abel equation with supremum in the kernel,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 219, no. 14, pp. 7830–7836, 2013.
- M. Gil and S. Wedrychowicz, “Schauder-Tychonoff fixed-point theorem in the theory of superconductivity,” Journal of Function Spaces and Applications, vol. 2013, Article ID 692879, 12 pages, 2013.
- L. Olszowy, “Fixed point theorems in the Fréchet space C() and functional integral equations on an unbounded interval,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 218, no. 18, pp. 9066–9074, 2012.
- L. Olszowy, “Nondecreasing solutions of a quadratic integral equation of Urysohn type on unbounded interval,” Journal of Convex Analysis, vol. 18, no. 2, pp. 455–464, 2011.
- B. C. Dhage and V. Lakshmikantham, “On global existence and attractivity results for nonlinear functional integral equations,” Nonlinear Analysis: Theory, Methods & Applications A, vol. 72, no. 5, pp. 2219–2227, 2010.
- A. Aghajani and N. Sabzali, “Existence and local attractivity of solutions of a nonlinear quadratic functional integral equation,” Iranian Journal of Science and Technology, Transaction A, vol. 36, no. 4, pp. 453–460, 2012.
- M. A. Darwish, “Monotonic solutions of a convolution functional-integral equation,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 219, no. 22, pp. 10777–10782, 2013.
- X. Hu and J. Yan, “The global attractivity and asymptotic stability of solution of a nonlinear integral equation,” Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications, vol. 321, no. 1, pp. 147–156, 2006.
- R. Stańczy, “Hammerstein equations with an integral over a noncompact domain,” Annales Polonici Mathematici, vol. 69, no. 1, pp. 49–60, 1998.
- J. Banaś and K. Goebel, Measures of Noncompactness in Banach Spaces, vol. 60 of Lecture Notes in Pure and Applied Mathematics, Marcel Dekker, New York, NY, USA, 1980.
- G. M. Fichtenholz, Differential and Integral Calculus, vol. 2, Wydawnictwo Naukowe PWN, Warsaw, Poland, 2007, (Polish).