- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Abstract and Applied Analysis
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 169214, 12 pages
Convergence and Stability of the Split-Step -Milstein Method for Stochastic Delay Hopfield Neural Networks
1Department of Mathematics, Shanghai Normal University, Shanghai 200234, China
2Division of Computational Science, E-Institute of Shanghai Universities, 100 Guilin Road, Shanghai 200234, China
3Department of Mathematical Sciences, Faculty of Science and Engineering, Doshisha University, Kyoto 610-0394, Japan
Received 8 December 2012; Accepted 26 February 2013
Academic Editor: Chengming Huang
Copyright © 2013 Qian Guo et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- J. J. Hopfield, “Neural networks and physical systems with emergent collective computational abilities,” Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America, vol. 79, no. 8, pp. 2554–2558, 1982.
- J. J. Hopfield and D. W. Tank, “Neural computation of decisons in optimization problems,” Biological Cybernetics, vol. 52, no. 3, pp. 141–152, 1985.
- G. Joya, M. A. Atencia, and F. Sandoval, “Hopfield neural networks for optimization:study of the different dynamics,” Neurocomputing, vol. 43, no. 1–4, pp. 219–237, 2002.
- Y. Sun, “Hopfield neural network based algorithms for image restoration and reconstruction. I. Algorithms and simulations,” IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing, vol. 48, no. 7, pp. 2105–2118, 2000.
- S. Young, P. Scott, and N. Nasrabadi, “Object recognition using multilayer Hopfield neural network,” IEEE Transactions on Image Processing, vol. 6, no. 3, pp. 357–372, 1997.
- G. Pajares, “A Hopfield neural network for image change detection,” IEEE Transactions on Neural Networks, vol. 17, no. 5, pp. 1250–1264, 2006.
- L. Wan and J. H. Sun, “Mean square exponential stability of stochastic delayed Hopfield neural networks,” Physics Letters A, vol. 343, no. 4, pp. 306–318, 2005.
- Z. Wang, H. Shu, J. Fang, and X. Liu, “Robust stability for stochastic Hopfield neural networks with time delays,” Nonlinear Analysis, vol. 7, no. 5, pp. 1119–1128, 2006.
- Z. D. Wang, Y. R. Liu, K. Fraser, and X. H. Liu, “Stochastic stability of uncertain Hopfield neural networks with discrete and distributed delays,” Physics Letters A, vol. 354, no. 4, pp. 288–297, 2006.
- J. S. Šíma and P. Orponen, “General-purpose computation with neural networks: a survey of complexity theoretic results,” Neural Computation, vol. 15, no. 12, pp. 2727–2778, 2003.
- J. R. Raol and H. Madhuranath, “Neural network architectures for parameter estimation of dynamical systems,” IEE Proceedings, vol. 143, no. 4, pp. 387–394, 1996.
- R. H. Li, W. Pang, and P. Leung, “Exponential stability of numerical solutions to stochastic delay Hopfield neural networks,” Neurocomputing, vol. 73, no. 4–6, pp. 920–926, 2010.
- A. Rathinasamy, “The split-step -methods for stochastic delay Hopfield neural networks,” Applied Mathematical Modelling, vol. 36, no. 8, pp. 3477–3485, 2012.
- D. J. Higham, X. Mao, and A. M. Stuart, “Strong convergence of Euler-type methods for nonlinear stochastic differential equations,” SIAM Journal on Numerical Analysis, vol. 40, no. 3, pp. 1041–1063, 2002.
- H. Zhang, S. Gan, and L. Hu, “The split-step backward Euler method for linear stochastic delay differential equations,” Journal of Computational and Applied Mathematics, vol. 225, no. 2, pp. 558–568, 2009.
- X. Wang and S. Gan, “The improved split-step backward Euler method for stochastic differential delay equations,” International Journal of Computer Mathematics, vol. 88, no. 11, pp. 2359–2378, 2011.
- X. R. Mao, Stochastic Differential Equations and Applications, Horwood, Chichester, UK, 2nd edition, 2007.
- E. Buckwar, “One-step approximations for stochastic functional differential equations,” Applied Numerical Mathematics, vol. 56, no. 5, pp. 667–681, 2006.
- Q. Zhou and L. Wan, “Exponential stability of stochastic delayed Hopfield neural networks,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 199, no. 1, pp. 84–89, 2008.
- Y. Saito and T. Mitsui, “Mean-square stability of numerical schemes for stochastic differential systems,” Vietnam Journal of Mathematics, vol. 30, pp. 551–560, 2002.
- E. Buckwar and C. Kelly, “Towards a systematic linear stability analysis of numerical methods for systems of stochastic differential equations,” SIAM Journal on Numerical Analysis, vol. 48, no. 1, pp. 298–321, 2010.
- C. Huang, S. Gan, and D. Wang, “Delay-dependent stability analysis of numerical methods for stochastic delay differential equations,” Journal of Computational and Applied Mathematics, vol. 236, no. 14, pp. 3514–3527, 2012.
- X. Qu and C. Huang, “Delay-dependent exponential stability of the backward Euler method for nonlinear stochastic delay differential equations,” International Journal of Computer Mathematics, vol. 89, no. 8, pp. 1039–1050, 2012.
- F. Wu, X. Mao, and L. Szpruch, “Almost sure exponential stability of numerical solutions for stochastic delay differential equations,” Numerische Mathematik, vol. 115, no. 4, pp. 681–697, 2010.