- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Abstract and Applied Analysis
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 171732, 7 pages
A Direct Eulerian GRP Scheme for the Prediction of Gas-Liquid Two-Phase Flow in HTHP Transient Wells
1Uncertainty Decision-Making Laboratory, Sichuan University, Chengdu 610064, China
2College of Mathematics, Chengdu University of Information Technology, Chengdu 610225, China
3Research School of Engineering Technology, China Petroleum and Chemical Corporation, Deyang 618000, China
Received 10 September 2013; Accepted 17 October 2013
Academic Editor: Mohamed Fathy El-Amin
Copyright © 2013 Jiuping Xu et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- H. D. Beggs and J. R. Brill, “A study of two-phase flow in inclined pipes,” Journal of Petroleum Technology, vol. 25, pp. 607–617, 1973.
- H. Mukherjee and J. P. Brill, “Liquid holdup correlations for inclined two-phase flow,” Journal of Petroleum Technology, vol. 35, no. 5, pp. 1003–1008, 1983.
- H. Mukherjee and J. P. Brill, “Empirical equations to predict flow patterns in two-phase inclined flow,” International Journal of Multiphase Flow, vol. 11, no. 3, pp. 299–315, 1985.
- E. T. Hurlburt and T. J. Hanratty, “Prediction of the transition from stratified to slug and plug flow for long pipes,” International Journal of Multiphase Flow, vol. 28, no. 5, pp. 707–729, 2002.
- O. Cazarez-Candia and M. A. Vásquez-Cruz, “Prediction of pressure, temperature, and velocity distribution of two-phase flow in oil wells,” Journal of Petroleum Science and Engineering, vol. 46, no. 3, pp. 195–208, 2005.
- Y. Taitel, O. Shoham, and J. P. Brill, “Simplified transient solution and simulation of two-phase flow in pipelines,” Chemical Engineering Science, vol. 44, no. 6, pp. 1353–1359, 1989.
- L.-B. Ouyang and K. Aziz, “Transient gas-liquid two-phase flow in pipes with radial influx or efflux,” Journal of Petroleum Science and Engineering, vol. 30, no. 3-4, pp. 167–179, 2001.
- J. P. Fontanilla and K. Aziz, “Prediction of bottom-hole conditions for wet steam injection wells,” Journal of Canadian Petroleum Technology, vol. 21, no. 2, 8 pages, 1982.
- S. M. F. Ali, “A comprehensive wellbore stream/water flow model for steam injection and geothermal applications,” Society of Petroleum Engineers Journal, vol. 21, no. 5, pp. 527–534, 1981.
- Z. Wu, J. Xu, X. Wang, K. Chen, X. Li, and X. Zhao, “Predicting temperature and pressure in high-temperature-high-pressure gas wells,” Petroleum Science and Technology, vol. 29, no. 2, pp. 132–148, 2011.
- J. Xu, M. Luo, S. Wang, B. Qi, and Z. Qiao, “Pressure and temperature prediction of transient flow in HTHP injection wells by Lax-Friedrichs method,” Petroleum Science and Technology, vol. 31, no. 9, pp. 960–976, 2013.
- S. K. Godunov, “A difference method for numerical calculation of discontinuous solutions of the equations of hydrodynamics,” Matematicheskii Sbornik, vol. 47, no. 89, pp. 271–306, 1959.
- J. Li and G. Chen, “The generalized Riemann problem method for the shallow water equations with bottom topography,” International Journal for Numerical Methods in Engineering, vol. 65, no. 6, pp. 834–862, 2006.
- D. John and J. R. Anderson, Computational Fluid Dynamics—The Basics with Applications, McGraw-Hill, New York, NY, USA, 1995.
- X.-W. Liao and J.-L. Feng, “Pressure-temperature coupling calculation of transient wellbore heat transfer in deep geopressured gas reservoir,” Petroleum Exploration and Development, vol. 32, no. 1, pp. 67–69, 2005.
- E. F. Toro, Riemann Solvers and Numerical Methods for Fluid Dynamics: A Practical Introduction, Springer, Berlin, Germany, 1997.
- J. Xu, J. Hu, M. Luo, S. Wang, B. Qi, and Z. Qiao, “Optimisation of perforation distribution in HTHP vertical wells,” Canadian Journal of Chemical Engineering, vol. 91, pp. 332–343, 2011.