- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Abstract and Applied Analysis
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 175479, 8 pages
On the Existence and Stability of Periodic Solutions for a Nonlinear Neutral Functional Differential Equation
1School of Mathematics and Information Sciences, Guangzhou University, Guangzhou 510006, China
2School of Mathematics and Computer Sciences, Yichun University, Yichun 336000, China
3Key Laboratory of Mathematics and Interdisciplinary Science of Guangdong Higher Education Institutes, Guangzhou University, Guangzhou 510006, China
Received 31 January 2013; Accepted 1 March 2013
Academic Editor: Chuangxia Huang
Copyright © 2013 Yueding Yuan and Zhiming Guo. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- R. K. Brayton, “Bifurcation of periodic solutions in a nonlinear difference-differential equations of neutral type,” Quarterly of Applied Mathematics, vol. 24, pp. 215–224, 1966.
- R. K. Brayton, “Nonlinear oscillations in a distributed network,” Quarterly of Applied Mathematics, vol. 24, pp. 289–301, 1967.
- R. K. Brayton and W. L. Miranker, “A stability theory for nonlinear mixed initial boundary value problems,” Archive for Rational Mechanics and Analysis, vol. 17, pp. 358–376, 1964.
- R. K. Brayton and J. K. Moser, “A theory of nonlinear networks. I,” Quarterly of Applied Mathematics, vol. 22, pp. 1–33, 1964.
- K. L. Cooke and D. W. Krumme, “Differential-difference equations and nonlinear initial-boundary value problems for linear hyperbolic partial differential equations,” Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications, vol. 24, pp. 372–387, 1968.
- J. M. Ferreira, “On the stability of a distributed network,” SIAM Journal on Mathematical Analysis, vol. 17, no. 1, pp. 38–45, 1986.
- W. Krawcewicz, J. Wu, and H. Xia, “Global Hopf bifurcation theory for condensing fields and neutral equations with applications to lossless transmission problems,” The Canadian Applied Mathematics Quarterly, vol. 1, no. 2, pp. 167–220, 1993.
- O. Lopes, “Forced oscillations in nonlinear neutral differential equations,” SIAM Journal on Applied Mathematics, vol. 29, pp. 196–207, 1975.
- O. Lopes, “Stability and forced oscillations,” Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications, vol. 55, no. 3, pp. 686–698, 1976.
- S. Siqueira Ceron and O. Lopes, “-contractions and attractors for dissipative semilinear hyperbolic equations and systems,” Annali di Matematica Pura ed Applicata. Serie Quarta, vol. 160, pp. 193–206, 1991.
- S. Lu and W. Ge, “On the existence of periodic solutions for neutral functional differential equation,” Nonlinear Analysis: Theory, Methods & Applications, vol. 54, no. 7, pp. 1285–1306, 2003.
- W. L. Miranker, “Periodic solutions of the wave equation with a nonlinear interface condition,” International Business Machines Corporation, vol. 5, pp. 2–24, 1961.
- M. Slemrod, “Nonexistence of oscillations in a nonlinear distributed network,” Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications, vol. 36, pp. 22–40, 1971.
- J. J. Wei and S. G. Ruan, “Stability and global Hopf bifurcation for neutral differential equations,” Acta Mathematica Sinica. Chinese Series, vol. 45, no. 1, pp. 93–104, 2002 (Chinese).
- L. Ding and Z. Li, “Periodicity and stability in neutral equations by Krasnoselskii's fixed point theorem,” Nonlinear Analysis: Real World Applications, vol. 11, no. 3, pp. 1220–1228, 2010.
- T. A. Burton, “Perron-type stability theorems for neutral equations,” Nonlinear Analysis: Theory, Methods & Applications, vol. 55, no. 3, pp. 285–297, 2003.
- V. B. Kolmanovskiĭ and V. R. Nosov, Stability of functional-differential equations, vol. 180 of Mathematics in Science and Engineering, Academic Press, London, UK, 1986.
- Y. Kuang, Delay Differential Equations with Applications in Population Dynamics, vol. 191 of Mathematics in Science and Engineering, Academic Press, Boston, Mass, USA, 1993.
- T.-R. Ding and C. Li, Ordinary Differential Equations Tutorial, Higher Education Press, Bejing, China, 2004.
- J. K. Hale, “Functional differential equations,” in Analytic Theory of Differential Equations, vol. 183 of Lecture Notes in Mathematics, p. 2, Springer, Berlin, Germany, 1971.
- D. X. Xia, Z. R. Wu, S. Z. Yan, and W. C. Shu, Real Variable Function and Functional Analysis, Higher Education Press, Beijing, China, 2nd edition, 2010.
- D. R. Smart, Fixed Point Theorems, Cambridge University Press, London, UK, 1974.
- V. G. Angelov, “Lossy transmission lines terminated by R-loads with exponential V-I characteristics,” Nonlinear Analysis: Real World Applications, vol. 8, no. 2, pp. 579–589, 2007.