- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Abstract and Applied Analysis
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 189567, 3 pages
A Note on Some Best Proximity Point Theorems Proved under P-Property
1Department of Mathematics, Imam Khomeini International University, Qazvin 34149, Iran
2Department of Mathematics, Ayatollah Boroujerdi University, Borujerd, Iran
Received 20 July 2013; Accepted 29 September 2013
Academic Editor: Mohamed Jleli
Copyright © 2013 Ali Abkar and Moosa Gabeleh. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- V. S. Raj, “A best proximity point theorem for weakly contractive non-self-mappings,” Nonlinear Analysis. Theory, Methods & Applications, vol. 74, no. 14, pp. 4804–4808, 2011.
- A. Abkar and M. Gabeleh, “Best proximity points of non-self mappings,” TOP, vol. 21, no. 2, pp. 287–295, 2013.
- B. Samet, “Some results on best proximity point theorem,” Journal of Optimization Theory and Applications, vol. 159, no. 1, pp. 281–291, 2013.
- A. Abkar and M. Gabeleh, “The existence of best proximity points for multivalued non-self-mappings,” Revista de la Real Academia de Ciencias Exactas, Fisicas y Naturales A, vol. 107, no. 2, pp. 319–325, 2013.
- J. Caballero, J. Harjani, and K. Sadarangani, “A best proximity point theorem for Geraghty-contractions,” Fixed Point Theory and Applications, vol. 2012, article 231, 2012.
- M. Gabeleh, “Proximal weakly contractive and proximal nonexpansive non-self-mappings in metric and Banach spaces,” Journal of Optimization Theory and Applications, vol. 158, no. 2, pp. 615–625, 2013.
- B. E. Rhoades, “Some theorems on weakly contractive maps,” Nonlinear Analysis, Theory, Methods and Applications, vol. 47, no. 4, pp. 2683–2693, 2001.
- A. Meir and E. Keeler, “A theorem on contraction mappings,” Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications, vol. 28, pp. 326–329, 1969.
- S. B. Nadler, Jr., “Multi-valued contraction mappings,” Pacific Journal of Mathematics, vol. 30, pp. 475–488, 1969.
- M. A. Geraghty, “On contractive mappings,” Proceedings of the American Mathematical Society, vol. 40, pp. 604–608, 1973.