- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Abstract and Applied Analysis
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 198018, 10 pages
Stability of a Functional Equation Deriving from Quadratic and Additive Functions in Non-Archimedean Normed Spaces
1Department of Mathematics, Garmsar Branch, Islamic Azad University, Garmsar, Iran
2Department of Mathematics, Hallym University, Chuncheon 200-702, Republic of Korea
Received 19 July 2013; Revised 27 August 2013; Accepted 7 September 2013
Academic Editor: Krzysztof Ciepliński
Copyright © 2013 Abasalt Bodaghi and Sang Og Kim. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- S. M. Ulam, Problems in Modern Mathematics, Science Editions, chapter 6, John Wiley & Sons, New York, NY, USA, 1940.
- D. H. Hyers, “On the stability of the linear functional equation,” Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America, vol. 27, pp. 222–224, 1941.
- T. Aoki, “On the stability of the linear transformation in Banach spaces,” Journal of the Mathematical Society of Japan, vol. 2, pp. 64–66, 1950.
- T. M. Rassias, “On the stability of the linear mapping in Banach spaces,” Proceedings of the American Mathematical Society, vol. 72, no. 2, pp. 297–300, 1978.
- P. Găvruţa, “A generalization of the Hyers-Ulam-Rassias stability of approximately additive mappings,” Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications, vol. 184, no. 3, pp. 431–436, 1994.
- F. Skof, “Local properties and approximation of operators,” Rendiconti del Seminario Matematico e Fisico di Milano, vol. 53, pp. 113–129, 1983.
- P. W. Cholewa, “Remarks on the stability of functional equations,” Aequationes Mathematicae, vol. 27, no. 1-2, pp. 76–86, 1984.
- St. Czerwik, “On the stability of the quadratic mapping in normed spaces,” Abhandlungen aus dem Mathematischen Seminar der Universität Hamburg, vol. 62, pp. 59–64, 1992.
- J. R. Lee, J. S. An, and C. Park, “On the stability of quadratic functional equations,” Abstract and Applied Analysis, vol. 2008, Article ID 628178, 8 pages, 2008.
- M. E. Gordji and A. Bodaghi, “On the Hyers-Ulam-Rassias stability problem for quadratic functional equations,” East Journal on Approximations, vol. 16, no. 2, pp. 123–130, 2010.
- L. Cădariu and V. Radu, “On the stability of the Cauchy functional equation: a fixed point approach,” in Iteration theory (ECIT '02), vol. 346 of Grazer Mathematische Berichte, pp. 43–52, Karl-Franzens-Universität Graz, Graz, Austria, 2004.
- L. Cǎdariu and V. Radu, “Fixed points and the stability of quadratic functional equations,” Analele Universităţii de Vest din Timişoara, Seria Matematică-Informatică, vol. 41, no. 1, pp. 25–48, 2003.
- N. Brillouët-Belluot, J. Brzdęk, and K. Ciepliński, “On some recent developments in Ulam's type stability,” Abstract and Applied Analysis, vol. 2012, Article ID 716936, 41 pages, 2012.
- K. Ciepliński, “Applications of fixed point theorems to the Hyers-Ulam stability of functional equations—a survey,” Annals of Functional Analysis, vol. 3, no. 1, pp. 151–164, 2012.
- S. M. Jung, Hyers-Ulam-Rassias Stability of Functional Equations in Nonlinear Analysis, vol. 48 of Springer Optimization and Its Applications, Springer, New York, NY, USA, 2011.
- G. Z. Eskandani, H. Vaezi, and Y. N. Dehghan, “Stability of a mixed additive and quadratic functional equation in non-Archimedean Banach modules,” Taiwanese Journal of Mathematics, vol. 14, no. 4, pp. 1309–1324, 2010.
- A. Najati and M. B. Moghimi, “Stability of a functional equation deriving from quadratic and additive functions in quasi-Banach spaces,” Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications, vol. 337, no. 1, pp. 399–415, 2008.
- S. S. Jin and Y. H. Lee, “On the stability of the functional equation deriving from quadratic and additive function in random normed spaces via fixed point method,” Journal of the Chungcheong Mathematical Society, vol. 25, no. 1, pp. 51–63, 2012.
- J. Aczel and J. Dhombres, Functional Equations in Several Variables, vol. 31 of Encyclopedia of Mathematics and Its Applications, Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, UK, 1989.
- K. Hensel, “Uber eine neue Begrndung der Theorie der algebraischen Zahlen,” Jahresbericht der Deutschen Mathematiker-Vereinigung, vol. 6, no. 3, pp. 83–88, 1897.
- L. M. Arriola and W. A. Beyer, “Stability of the Cauchy functional equation over -adic fields,” Real Analysis Exchange, vol. 31, no. 1, pp. 125–132, 2005.
- J. Brzdęk and K. Ciepliński, “A fixed point approach to the stability of functional equations in non-Archimedean metric spaces,” Nonlinear Analysis: Theory, Methods & Applications, vol. 74, no. 18, pp. 6861–6867, 2011.
- M. S. Moslehian and T. M. Rassias, “Stability of functional equations in non-Archimedean spaces,” Applicable Analysis and Discrete Mathematics, vol. 1, no. 2, pp. 325–334, 2007.
- J. Schwaiger, “Functional equations for homogeneous polynomials arising from multilinear mappings and their stability,” Annales Mathematicae Silesianae, no. 8, pp. 157–171, 1994.
- T. Z. Xu, “Stability of multi-Jensen mappings in non-Archimedean normed spaces,” Journal of Mathematical Physics, vol. 53, no. 2, Article ID 023507, 9 pages, 2012.
- A. Bodaghi, I. A. Alias, and M. H. Ghahramani, “Ulam stability of a quartic functional equation,” Abstract and Applied Analysis, vol. 2012, Article ID 232630, 9 pages, 2012.
- J. Brzdęk, “Stability of the equation of the p-Wright affine functions,” Aequationes Mathematicae, vol. 85, no. 3, pp. 497–503, 2013.
- G. Maksa and Z. Páles, “Hyperstability of a class of linear functional equations,” Acta Mathematica, vol. 17, no. 2, pp. 107–112, 2001.
- M. Piszczek and J. Szczawińska, “Hyperstability of the drygas functional equation,” Journal of Function Spaces and Applications, vol. 2013, Article ID 912718, 4 pages, 2013.