- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Abstract and Applied Analysis
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 207987, 8 pages
Ecological Vulnerability Assessment Integrating the Spatial Analysis Technology with Algorithms: A Case of the Wood-Grass Ecotone of Northeast China
1State Key Laboratory of Water Environment Simulation, School of Environment, Beijing Normal University, No. 19, Xinjiekouwai Street, Beijing 100875, China
2College of Geography and Tourism, Chongqing Normal University, No.12, TianChen Road, ShaPingBa District, Chongqing 400047, China
3Institute of Geographic Sciences and Natural Resources Research, Chinese Academy of Sciences, A11 DaTun Road, ChaoYang District, Beijing 100101, China
Received 25 February 2013; Accepted 27 March 2013
Academic Editor: Jianhong (Cecilia) Xia
Copyright © 2013 Zhi Qiao et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- P. H. Qiu, S. J. Xu, G. Z. Xie, B. N. Tang, H. Bi, and L. S. Yu, “Analysis of the ecological vulnerability of the western Hainan Island based on its landscape pattern and ecosystem sensitivity,” Acta Ecologica Sinica, vol. 27, no. 4, pp. 1257–1264, 2007.
- S. Y. Wang, J. S. Liu, and C. J. Yang, “Eco-environmental vulnerability evaluation in the Yellow River Basin, China,” Pedosphere, vol. 18, no. 2, pp. 171–182, 2008.
- H. Eakin and A. L. Luers, “Assessing the vulnerability of social-environmental systems,” Annual Review of Environment and Resources, vol. 31, pp. 365–394, 2006.
- G. C. Gallopín, “Linkages between vulnerability, resilience, and adaptive capacity,” Global Environmental Change, vol. 16, no. 3, pp. 293–303, 2006.
- J. J. MaCarthy, O. F. Canziani, N. A. Leary, D. J. Dokken, and K. S. White, Climate Change 2001: Impact, Adaptation, and Vulnerability, Cambridge University Press, Cambridge. UK, 2001.
- N. Brook, “Vulnerability, risk and adaptation: a conceptual framework,” Working Paper 38, Tyndall Centre for Climate Change Research, University of East Anglia, Norwich, UK, 2003.
- J. A. David, J. D. Andrew, and C. S. Lindsay, “Using principal component analysis for information-rich socio-ecological vulnerability mapping in Southern Africa,” Applied Geography, vol. 35, no. 1-2, pp. 515–524, 2012.
- X. Ying, G. M. Zeng, G. Q. Chen, L. Tang, K. L. Wang, and D. Y. Huang, “Combining AHP with GIS in synthetic evaluation of eco-environment quality—a case study of Hunan Province, China,” Ecological Modelling, vol. 209, no. 2–4, pp. 97–109, 2007.
- H. J. de Lange, S. Sala, M. Vighi, and J. H. Faber, “Ecological vulnerability in risk assessment—a review and perspectives,” Science of the Total Environment, vol. 408, no. 18, pp. 3871–3879, 2010.
- X. M. Li, M. Min, and C. F. Tan, “The functional assessment of agricultural ecosystems in Hubei Province, China,” Ecological Modelling, vol. 187, no. 2-3, pp. 352–360, 2005.
- X. J. Li, J. Peterson, G. J. Liu, and L. Qian, “Assessing regional sustainability: the case of land use and land cover change in the middle Yiluo catchment of the Yellow River Basin, China,” Applied Geography, vol. 21, no. 1, pp. 87–106, 2001.
- P. Klungboonkrong and M. A. P. Taylor, “A microcomputer-based system for multicriteria environmental impacts evaluation of urban road networks,” Computers, Environment and Urban Systems, vol. 22, no. 5, pp. 425–446, 1998.
- Z. Qiao and X. L. Xu, “Assessment of soil erosion sensitivity and key factors identification in the Wood-Grass ecotone of northeast China,” Journal of Natural Resources, vol. 27, no. 8, pp. 1349–1361, 2012.
- G. B. Song, Y. Chen, and M. R. Tian, “The ecological vulnerability evaluation in southwestern mountain region of China based on GIS and AHP method,” Procedia Environmental Sciences, vol. 2, pp. 465–475, 2010.
- J. Liu, M. Liu, H. Tian et al., “Spatial and temporal patterns of China's cropland during 1990–2000: an analysis based on Landsat TM data,” Remote Sensing of Environment, vol. 98, no. 4, pp. 442–456, 2005.
- M. R. Rahman, Z. H. Shi, and C. Chongfa, “Soil erosion hazard evaluation—an integrated use of remote sensing, GIS and statistical approaches with biophysical parameters towards management strategies,” Ecological Modelling, vol. 220, no. 13-14, pp. 1724–1734, 2009.
- K. Meusburger, N. Konz, M. Schaub, and C. Alewell, “Soil erosion modelled with USLE and PESERA using QuickBird derived vegetation parameters in an alpine catchment,” International Journal of Applied Earth Observation and Geoinformation, vol. 12, no. 3, pp. 208–215, 2010.
- J. R. Williams, S. L. Neitsch, and J. G. Arnold, Soil and Water Assessment Tool—User’s Manuam, Blackland Research Center, Texas Agricultural Experiment Station, Texas, Tex, USA, 1999.
- S. Q. Wang and C. H. Zhou, “Estimating soil carbon reservoir of terrestrial ecosystem in China,” Geographical Research, vol. 18, no. 4, pp. 349–356, 1999.
- D. W. Lefever, “Measuring geographic concentration by means of the standard deviational ellipse,” The American Journal of Sociology, vol. 32, no. 1, pp. 88–94, 1926.
- J. X. Gong, “Clarifying the standard deviational ellipse,” Geographical Analysis, vol. 34, no. 2, pp. 155–167, 2002.