- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Abstract and Applied Analysis
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 239454, 12 pages
A New Application of the Reproducing Kernel Hilbert Space Method to Solve MHD Jeffery-Hamel Flows Problem in Nonparallel Walls
1Department of Mathematics, Science Faculty, Fırat University, 23119 Elazığ, Turkey
2Department of Mathematics, Education Faculty, Dicle University, 21280 Diyarbakır, Turkey
3Department of Mathematics and Statistics, Missouri University of Science and Technology, Rolla, MO 65409-0020, USA
4Department of Mathematics and Institute for Mathematical Research, University Putra Malaysia, 43400 Serdang, Malaysia
Received 9 February 2013; Accepted 28 February 2013
Academic Editor: Hassan Eltayeb
Copyright © 2013 Mustafa Inc et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- G. B. Jeffery, “The two-dimensional steady motion of a viscous fluid,” Philosophical Magazine, vol. 29, no. 172, pp. 455–465, 1915.
- G. Hamel, S. Bewgungen, and Z. Flussigkeiten, “Jahresbericht der Deutschen,” Mathematiker-Vereinigung, vol. 25, pp. 34–60, 1916.
- S. M. Moghimi, G. Domairry, S. Soleimani, E. Ghasemi, and H. Bararnia, “Application of homotopy analysis method to solve MHD Jeffery-Hamel flows in non-parallel walls,” Advances in Engineering Software, vol. 42, no. 3, pp. 108–113, 2011.
- M. Esmaeilpour and D. D. Ganji, “Solution of the Jeffery-Hamel flow problem by optimal homotopy asymptotic method,” Computers & Mathematics with Applications, vol. 59, no. 11, pp. 3405–3411, 2010.
- A. A. Joneidi, G. Domairry, and M. Babaelahi, “Three analytical methods applied to Jeffery-Hamel flow,” Communications in Nonlinear Science and Numerical Simulation, vol. 15, no. 11, pp. 3423–3434, 2010.
- S. M. Moghimi, D. D. Ganji, H. Bararnia, M. Hosseini, and M. Jalaal, “Homotopy perturbation method for nonlinear MHD Jeffery-Hamel problem,” Computers & Mathematics with Applications, vol. 61, no. 8, pp. 2213–2216, 2011.
- Q. Esmaili, A. Ramiar, E. Alizadeh, and D. D. Ganji, “An approximation of the analytical solution of the Jeffery-Hamel flow by decomposition method,” Physics Letters, vol. 372, no. 19, pp. 3434–3439, 2008.
- S. S. Motsa, P. Sibanda, F. G. Awad, and S. Shateyi, “A new spectral-homotopy analysis method for the MHD Jeffery-Hamel problem,” Computers & Fluids, vol. 39, no. 7, pp. 1219–1225, 2010.
- S. Goldstein, Modem Developments in Fluid Dynamics, vol. 1, Clarendon Press, Oxford, UK, 1938.
- W. I. Axford, “The magnetohydrodynamic Jeffrey-Hamel problem for a weakly conducting fluid,” The Quarterly Journal of Mechanics and Applied Mathematics, vol. 14, pp. 335–351, 1961.
- S. Abbasbandy and E. Shivanian, “Exact analytical solution of the MHD Jeffery-Hamel fow problem,” Mecannica, vol. 47, no. 6, pp. 1379–1389, 2012.
- O. D. Makinde, “Effect of arbitrary magnetic Reynolds number on MHD flows in convergent-divergent channels,” International Journal of Numerical Methods for Heat & Fluid Flow, vol. 18, no. 5-6, pp. 697–707, 2008.
- O. D. Makinde and P. Y. Mhone, “Hermite-Padé approximation approach to MHD Jeffery-Hamel flows,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 181, no. 2, pp. 966–972, 2006.
- N. Aronszajn, “Theory of reproducing kernels,” Transactions of the American Mathematical Society, vol. 68, pp. 337–404, 1950.
- M. Cui and Y. Lin, Nonlinear Numerical Analysis in the Reproducing Kernel Space, Nova Science Publishers, New York, NY, USA, 2009.
- F. Geng and M. Cui, “Solving a nonlinear system of second order boundary value problems,” Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications, vol. 327, no. 2, pp. 1167–1181, 2007.
- F. Geng, “A new reproducing kernel Hilbert space method for solving nonlinear fourth-order boundary value problems,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 213, no. 1, pp. 163–169, 2009.
- F. Geng and M. Cui, “New method based on the HPM and RKHSM for solving forced Duffing equations with integral boundary conditions,” Journal of Computational and Applied Mathematics, vol. 233, no. 2, pp. 165–172, 2009.
- F. Geng, M. Cui, and B. Zhang, “Method for solving nonlinear initial value problems by combining homotopy perturbation and reproducing kernel Hilbert space methods,” Nonlinear Analysis, vol. 11, no. 2, pp. 637–644, 2010.
- F. Geng and M. Cui, “Homotopy perturbation-reproducing kernel method for nonlinear systems of second order boundary value problems,” Journal of Computational and Applied Mathematics, vol. 235, no. 8, pp. 2405–2411, 2011.
- F. Geng and M. Cui, “A novel method for nonlinear two-point boundary value problems: combination of ADM and RKM,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 217, no. 9, pp. 4676–4681, 2011.
- M. Mohammadi and R. Mokhtari, “Solving the generalized regularized long wave equation on the basis of a reproducing kernel space,” Journal of Computational and Applied Mathematics, vol. 235, no. 14, pp. 4003–4014, 2011.
- W. Jiang and Y. Lin, “Representation of exact solution for the time-fractional telegraph equation in the reproducing kernel space,” Communications in Nonlinear Science and Numerical Simulation, vol. 16, no. 9, pp. 3639–3645, 2011.
- Y. Wang, L. Su, X. Cao, and X. Li, “Using reproducing kernel for solving a class of singularly perturbed problems,” Computers & Mathematics with Applications, vol. 61, no. 2, pp. 421–430, 2011.
- B. Y. Wu and X. Y. Li, “A new algorithm for a class of linear nonlocal boundary value problems based on the reproducing kernel method,” Applied Mathematics Letters, vol. 24, no. 2, pp. 156–159, 2011.
- H. Yao and Y. Lin, “New algorithm for solving a nonlinear hyperbolic telegraph equation with an integral condition,” International Journal for Numerical Methods in Biomedical Engineering, vol. 27, no. 10, pp. 1558–1568, 2011.
- F. Geng and M. Cui, “A reproducing kernel method for solving nonlocal fractional boundary value problems,” Applied Mathematics Letters, vol. 25, no. 5, pp. 818–823, 2012.
- M. Inc and A. Akgül, “The reproducing kernel hilbert space method for solving troesch's problem,” Journal of the Association of Arab Universities For Basic and Applied Sciences, 2013.
- M. Inc, A. Akgül, and F. Geng, “Reproducing kernel hilbert space method for solving bratu's problem,” Bulletin of the Malaysian Mathematical Sciences Society. In press.
- M. Inc, A. Akgül, and A. Kiliçman, “Explicit solution of telegraph equation based on reproducing kernel method,” Journal of Function Spaces and Applications, vol. 2012, Article ID 984682, 23 pages, 2012.
- M. Inc, A. Akgül, and A. Kiliçman, “A novel method for solving KdV equation based on reproducing Kernel Hilbert space method,” Abstract and Applied Analysis, vol. 2013, Article ID 578942, 11 pages, 2013.