- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Abstract and Applied Analysis
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 240352, 8 pages
Feedback Control Method Using Haar Wavelet Operational Matrices for Solving Optimal Control Problems
Institute of Mathematical Sciences, University of Malaya, 50603 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Received 4 April 2013; Revised 27 June 2013; Accepted 1 July 2013
Academic Editor: Shawn X. Wang
Copyright © 2013 Waleeda Swaidan and Amran Hussin. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- R. W. Beard and T. W. McLain, “Successive Galerkin approximation algorithms for nonlinear optimal and robust control,” International Journal of Control, vol. 71, no. 5, pp. 717–743, 1998.
- Y. Feng, B. D. O. Anderson, and M. Rotkowitz, “A game theoretic algorithm to compute local stabilizing solutions to HJBI equations in nonlinear control,” Automatica, vol. 45, no. 4, pp. 881–888, 2009.
- J. Huang and C.-F. Lin, “Numerical approach to computing nonlinear control laws,” Journal of Guidance, Control, and Dynamics, vol. 18, no. 5, pp. 989–996, 1995.
- M. D. S. Aliyu, “An approach for solving the Hamilton-Jacobi-Isaacs equation (HJIE) in nonlinear ℋ∞ control,” Automatica, vol. 39, no. 5, pp. 877–884, 2003.
- M. Abu-Khalaf, F. L. Lewis, and J. Huang, “Policy iterations on the Hamilton-Jacobi-Isaacs equation for state feedback control with input saturation,” IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, vol. 51, no. 12, pp. 1989–1995, 2006.
- S. T. Glad, “Robustness of nonlinear state feedback—a survey,” Automatica, vol. 23, no. 4, pp. 425–435, 1987.
- O. von Stryk and R. Bulirsch, “Direct and indirect methods for trajectory optimization,” Annals of Operations Research, vol. 37, no. 1, pp. 357–373, 1992.
- R. W. Beard, G. N. Saridis, and J. T. Wen, “Galerkin approximations of the generalized Hamilton-Jacobi-Bellman equation,” Automatica, vol. 33, no. 12, pp. 2159–2176, 1997.
- H. M. Jaddu, Numerical methods for solving optimal control problems using Chebyshev polynomials [Ph.D. thesis], School of Information Science, Japan Advanced Institute of Science and Technology, 1998.
- S. C. Beeler, H. T. Tran, and H. T. Banks, “Feedback control methodologies for nonlinear systems,” Journal of Optimization Theory and Applications, vol. 107, no. 1, pp. 1–33, 2000.
- C. Park and P. Tsiotras, “Approximations to optimal feedback control using a successive wavelet collocation algorithm,” in Proceedings of the American Control Conference, vol. 3, pp. 1950–1955, June 2003.
- C. F. Chen and C. H. Hsiao, “Haar wavelet method for solving lumped and distributed parameter systems,” IEE Proceeding on Control Theory and Application, vol. 144, no. 1, pp. 87–94, 1997.
- C. H. Hsiao and W. J. Wang, “Optimal control of linear time-varying systems via Haar wavelets,” Journal of Optimization Theory and Applications, vol. 103, no. 3, pp. 641–655, 1999.
- R. Dai and J. E. Cochran Jr., “Wavelet collocation method for optimal control problems,” Journal of Optimization Theory and Applications, vol. 143, no. 2, pp. 265–278, 2009.
- J. W. Curtis and R. W. Beard, “Successive collocation: an approximation to optimal nonlinear control,” in Proceeding of the American Control Conference, vol. 5, pp. 3481–3485, June 2001.
- C. H. Hsiao and S. P. Wu, “Numerical solution of time-varying functional differential equations via Haar wavelets,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 188, no. 1, pp. 1049–1058, 2007.
- J. W. Brewer, “Kronecker products and matrix calculus in system theory,” IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems, vol. 25, no. 9, pp. 772–781, 1978.
- P. Courrieu, “Fast computation of Moore-Penrose inverse matrices,” Neural Information Processing-Letters and Reviews, vol. 8, no. 2, pp. 25–29, 2005.
- J.-J. Slotine and W. Li, Applied Nonlinear Control, Prentice-Hall, Englewood Cliffs, NJ, USA, 1991.
- A. Isidori, Nonlinear Control Systems, Communication and Control Engineering, Springer, New York, NY, USA, 2nd edition, 1989.