- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Abstract and Applied Analysis
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 245074, 8 pages
Modeling and Numerical Analysis of the Solid Particle Erosion in Curved Ducts
1Faculty of Construction and Environment, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hung Hom, Kowloon, Hong Kong
2School of Aeronautics and Astronautics, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou 310027, China
Received 9 September 2013; Accepted 18 October 2013
Academic Editor: Jianzhong Lin
Copyright © 2013 Ke Sun et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- M. R. Sippola and W. W. Nazaroff, “Particle deposition in ventilation ducts: connectors, bends and developing turbulent flow,” Aerosol Science and Technology, vol. 39, no. 2, pp. 139–150, 2005.
- L. Jianzhong, S. Xing, and Y. Zhenjiang, “Effects of the aspect ratio on the sedimentation of a fiber in Newtonian fluids,” Journal of Aerosol Science, vol. 34, no. 7, pp. 909–921, 2003.
- M. Yu, A. J. Koivisto, K. Hämeri, and M. Seipenbusch, “Size dependence of the ratio of aerosol coagulation to deposition rates for indoor aerosols,” Aerosol Science and Technology, vol. 47, no. 4, pp. 427–434, 2012.
- T. Sarver, A. Al-Qaraghuli, and L. L. Kazmerski, “A comprehensive review of the impact of dust on the use of solar energy: history, investigations, results, literature, and mitigation approaches,” Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, vol. 22, pp. 698–733, 2013.
- K. Sun and L. Lu, “Particle flow behavior of distribution and deposition throughout 90° bends: analysis of influencing factors,” Journal of Aerosol Science, vol. 65, pp. 26–41, 2013.
- J. Z. Lin, P. F. Lin, and H. J. Chen, “Research on the transport and deposition of nanoparticles in a rotating curved pipe,” Physics of Fluids, vol. 21, no. 12, Article ID 122001, 11 pages, 2009.
- S. M. El-Behery, M. H. Hamed, K. A. Ibrahim, and M. A. El-Kadi, “CFD evaluation of solid particles erosion in curved ducts,” Journal of Fluids Engineering, vol. 132, no. 7, Article ID 071303, 10 pages, 2010.
- K. Sun, L. Lu, and H. Jiang, “A numerical study of bend-induced particle deposition in and behind duct bends,” Building and Environment, vol. 52, pp. 77–87, 2012.
- X. H. Chen, B. S. McLaury, and S. A. Shirazi, “A comprehensive procedure to estimate erosion in elbows for gas/liquid/sand multiphase flow,” Journal of Energy Resources Technology, vol. 128, no. 1, pp. 70–78, 2006.
- Y. L. Zhang, B. S. McLaury, and S. A. Shirazi, “Improvements of particle near-wall velocity and erosion predictions using a commercial CFD code,” Journal of Fluids Engineering, vol. 131, no. 3, Article ID 031303, 9 pages, 2009.
- R. Macchini, M. S. A. Bradley, and T. Deng, “Influence of particle size, density, particle concentration on bend erosive wear in pneumatic conveyors,” Wear, vol. 303, no. 1-2, pp. 21–29, 2013.
- ANSYS Inc., ANSYS FLUENT 12.0 Users Guide, ANSYS Inc., Lebanon, NH, USA, 2010.
- J. Z. Lin, J. Li, and W. F. Zhang, “The forces exerted on a cylindrical particle in the elongational-shear flows,” International Journal of Nonlinear Sciences and Numerical Simulation, vol. 5, no. 1, pp. 9–16, 2004.
- B. Zhao, Y. Zhang, X. T. Li, X. D. Yang, and D. T. Huang, “Comparison of indoor aerosol particle concentration and deposition in different ventilated rooms by numerical method,” Building and Environment, vol. 39, no. 1, pp. 1–8, 2004.
- D. I. Graham and P. W. James, “Turbulent dispersion of particles using eddy interaction models,” International Journal of Multiphase Flow, vol. 22, no. 1, pp. 157–175, 1996.
- R. M. Brach and P. F. Dunn, “Models of rebound and capture for oblique microparticle impacts,” Aerosol Science and Technology, vol. 29, no. 5, pp. 379–388, 1998.
- M. Menguturk and E. F. Sverdrup, “Calculated tolerance of a large electric utility gas turbine to erosion damage by coal gas ash particles,” ASTM Special Technical Publications 664, ASTM, Philadelphia, Pa, USA, 1979.
- X. Q. Song, J. Z. Lin, J. F. Zhao, and T. Y. Shen, “Research on reducing erosion by adding ribs on the wall in particulate two-phase flows,” Wear, vol. 193, no. 1, pp. 1–7, 1996.
- K. Sun, L. Lu, H. Jiang, and H. Jin, “Experimental study of solid particle deposition in 90° ventilated bends of rectangular cross section with turbulent flow,” Aerosol Science and Technology, vol. 47, no. 2, pp. 115–124, 2013.
- M. R. Sippola, Particle deposition in ventilation ducts [Ph.D. thesis], University of California, Berkeley, Berkeley, Calif, USA, 2002.
- A. C. K. Lai and W. W. Nazaroff, “Modeling indoor particle deposition from turbulent flow onto smooth surfaces,” Journal of Aerosol Science, vol. 31, no. 4, pp. 463–476, 2000.
- F. M. White, Fluid Mechanics, McGraw-Hill, New York, NY, USA, 2nd edition, 1986.
- M. Breuer, H. T. Baytekin, and E. A. Matida, “Prediction of aerosol deposition in 90° bends using LES and an efficient Lagrangian tracking method,” Journal of Aerosol Science, vol. 37, no. 11, pp. 1407–1428, 2006.