- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Abstract and Applied Analysis
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 248740, 7 pages
Dissipative Sturm-Liouville Operators with Transmission Conditions
1Department of Mathematics, Mehmet Akif Ersoy University, 15100 Burdur, Turkey
2Department of Mathematics, Nevsehir University, 50300 Nevsehir, Turkey
Received 7 December 2012; Accepted 11 February 2013
Academic Editor: Lucas Jódar
Copyright © 2013 Hüseyin Tuna and Aytekin Eryılmaz. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- C. T. Fulton, “Two-point boundary value problems with eigenvalue parameter contained in the boundary conditions,” Proceedings of the Royal Society of Edinburgh A, vol. 77, no. 3-4, pp. 293–308, 1977.
- C. T. Fulton, “Singular eigenvalue problems with eigenvalue parameter contained in the boundary conditions,” Proceedings of the Royal Society of Edinburgh A, vol. 87, no. 1-2, pp. 1–34, 1980.
- I. C. Gohberg and M. G. Kreĭn, Introduction to the Theory of Linear Nonselfadjoint Operators, American Mathematical Society, Providence, RI, USA, 1969.
- O. S. Mukhtarov and M. Kadakal, “Some spectral properties of one Sturm-Liouville type problem with discontinuous weight,” Siberian Mathematical Journal, vol. 46, no. 4, pp. 681–694, 2005.
- B. P. Allahverdiev, “On dilation theory and spectral analysis of dissipative Schrödinger operators in Weyl's limit-circle case,” Izvestiya Akademii Nauk, vol. 54, pp. 242–257, 1990, English translation: Mathematics of the USSR-Izvestiya, vol. 36, pp. 247–262, 1991.
- A. A. Shkalikov, “Boundary value problems with a spectral parameter in the boundary conditions,” Zeitschrift Für Angewandte Mathematik Und Mechanik, vol. 76, pp. 133–135, 1996.
- S. Saltan and B. P. Allahverdiev, “Spectral analysis of nonselfadjoint Schrödinger operators with a matrix potential,” Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications, vol. 303, no. 1, pp. 208–219, 2005.
- B. P. Allahverdiev, “A nonself-adjoint singular Sturm-Liouville problem with a spectral parameter in the boundary condition,” Mathematische Nachrichten, vol. 278, no. 7-8, pp. 743–755, 2005.
- B. P. Allahverdiev, “Spectral analysis of dissipative Dirac operators with general boundary conditions,” Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications, vol. 283, no. 1, pp. 287–303, 2003.
- B. P. Allahverdiev, “Dilation and functional model of dissipative operator generated by an infinite Jacobi matrix,” Mathematical and Computer Modelling, vol. 38, no. 10, pp. 989–1001, 2003.
- M. Y. Ongun and B. P. Allahverdiev, “A completeness theorem for a dissipative Schrödinger problem with the spectral parameter in the boundary condition,” Mathematische Nachrichten, vol. 281, no. 4, pp. 541–554, 2008.
- A. Eryılmaz, “Spectral analysis of q-sturm-liouville problem with the spectral parameter in the boundary condition,” Journal of Function Spaces and Applications, vol. 2012, Article ID 736437, 17 pages, 2012.
- H. Tuna, “Dissipative q-difference operators of the Sturm-Liouville type,” Applications of Mathematics. In press.
- H. Tuna, “Functional model of dissipative fourth order differential operators,” Analele Stiintice ale Universitatii Ovidius Constanta. In press.
- E. Bairamov and E. Ugurlu, “The determinants of dissipative Sturm-Liouville operators with transmission conditions,” Mathematical and Computer Modelling, vol. 53, no. 5-6, pp. 805–813, 2011.
- O. Mukhtarov, “Discontinuous boundary value problem with spectral parameter in boundary conditions,” Turkish Journal of Mathematics, vol. 18, no. 2, pp. 183–192, 1994.
- O. S. Mukhtarov and E. Tunç, “Eigenvalue problems for Sturm-Liouville equations with transmission conditions,” Israel Journal of Mathematics, vol. 144, pp. 367–380, 2004.
- Z. Akdoğan, M. Demirci, and O. S. Mukhtarov, “Green function of discontinuous boundary value problem with transmission conditions,” Mathematical Methods in the Applied Sciences, vol. 30, pp. 1719–1738, 2007.
- O. S. Muhtarov and S. Yakubov, “Problems for ordinary differential equations with transmission conditions,” Applicable Analysis, vol. 81, no. 5, pp. 1033–1064, 2002.
- A. Wang, J. Sun, X. Hao, and S. Yao, “Completeness of eigenfunctions of Sturm-Liouville problems with transmission conditions,” Methods and Applications of Analysis, vol. 16, no. 3, pp. 299–312, 2009.
- M. A. Naimark, Lineinye Differentsialnye Operatory, Nauka, Moscow, Russia, 2nd edition, 1969, English Translation of 1st ed., vol. 1-2, Ungar, New York, NY, USA, 1967, 1968.
- B. S. Nagy and C. Foiaş, Analyse Harmonique Des Operateurs De L.Espace De Hilbert, Masson, Paris, France, 1967, English Translation North-Holland, Amsterdam, The Netherlands, 1970.
- P. D. Lax and R. S. Phillips, Scattering Theory, Academic Press, New York, Ny, USA, 1967.
- B. S. Pavlov, “Dilation theory and spectral analysis of nonselfadjoint differential operators,” in Mathematical Programming and Related Questions (Proc. Seventh Winter School, Drogobych, 1974), pp. 3–69, Central Economic Mathematical Institute, Moscow, Russia, 1974.
- B. S. Pavlov, “Dilation theory and spectral analysis of nonselfadjoint differential operators,” American Mathematical Society Translations, vol. 115, pp. 103–142, 1981.
- B. S. Pavlov, “Self-adjoint dilatation of a dissipative Schrödinger operator and an eigenfunction expansion,” Functional Analysis and Its Applications, vol. 9, no. 2, pp. 172–173, 1975.
- B. S. Pavlov, “Selfadjoint dilation of a dissipative schrödinger operator and eigenfunction expansion,” Functional Analysis and Its Applications, vol. 98, pp. 172–173, 1975.
- B. S. Pavlov, “Selfadjoint dilation of a dissipative Schrödinger operator and its resolution in terms of eigenfunctions,” Mathematics of the USSR-Sbornik, vol. 31, no. 4, pp. 457–478, 1977.
- A. Kuzhel, Characteristic Functions and Models of Nonselfadjoint Operators, vol. 349, Kluwer Academic, Dordrecht, The Netherlands, 1996.
- S. Kuzhel, “On an inverse problem in the Lax-Phillips scattering scheme for a class of operator-differential equations,” St. Petersburg Mathematical Journal, vol. 13, no. 1, pp. 60–83, 2001.