- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Abstract and Applied Analysis
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 251702, 11 pages
Complex Dynamics Analysis for a Cournot-Bertrand Mixed Game Model with Delayed Bounded Rationality
1School of Management, Tianjin University, Tianjin 300072, China
2College of Science, Tianjin University of Science and Technology, Tianjin 300457, China
Received 18 June 2013; Accepted 19 August 2013
Academic Editor: Massimiliano Ferrara
Copyright © 2013 Junhai Ma and Hongwu Wang. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- J. Friedman, Oligopoly Theory, Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, UK, 1983.
- T. Puu and I. Sushko, Oligopoly Dynamics: Models and Tools, Springer, New York, NY, USA, 2002.
- G. I. Bischi, C. Chiarella, M. Kopel, and F. Szidarovszky, Nonlinear Oligopolies: Stability and Bifurcations, Springer, New York, NY, USA, 2010.
- T. Puu, Oligopoly: Old Ends-New Means, Springer, New York, NY, USA, 2010.
- H. Wang and J. Ma, “Complexity analysis of a Cournot-Bertrand duopoly game model with limited information,” Discrete Dynamics in Nature and Society, vol. 2013, Article ID 287371, 6 pages, 2013.
- C. H. Tremblay and V. J. Tremblay, “The Cournot-Bertrand model and the degree of product differentiation,” Economics Letters, vol. 111, no. 3, pp. 233–235, 2011.
- A. K. Naimzada and F. Tramontana, “Dynamic properties of a Cournot-Bertrand duopoly game with differentiated products,” Economic Modelling, vol. 29, no. 4, pp. 1436–1439, 2012.
- J. Ma and X. Pu, “The research on cournotcbertrand duopoly model with heterogeneous goods and its complex characteristics,” Nonlinear Dynamics, vol. 72, no. 4, pp. 895–903, 2013.
- S. Bylka and J. Komar, “Cournot-bertrand mixed oligopolies,” in Warsaw Fall SemInars in Mathematical Economics, pp. 22–33, Springer, New York, NY, USA.
- X. Vives, “On the efficiency of Bertrand and Cournot equilibria with product differentiation,” Journal of Economic Theory, vol. 36, no. 1, pp. 166–175, 1985.
- S. D. Sklivas, “The strategic choice of managerial incentives,” Rand Journal of Economics, vol. 18, no. 3, pp. 452–458, 1987.
- J. Häckner, “A note on price and quantity competition in differentiated oligopolies,” Journal of Economic Theory, vol. 93, no. 2, pp. 233–239, 2000.
- P. Zanchettin, “Differentiated duopoly with asymmetric costs,” Journal of Economics and Management Strategy, vol. 15, no. 4, pp. 999–1015, 2006.
- A. Arya, B. Mittendorf, and D. E. M. Sappington, “Outsourcing, vertical integration, and price versus quantity competition,” International Journal of Industrial Organization, vol. 26, no. 1, pp. 1–16, 2008.
- T. Sato, “On Cournot-Bertrand mixed duopolies,” Japanese Economic Review, vol. 47, no. 4, pp. 412–420, 1996.
- E. Ahmed, H. N. Agiza, and S. Z. Hassan, “On modifications of Puu's dynamical duopoly,” Chaos, Solitons and Fractals, vol. 11, no. 7, pp. 1025–1028, 2000.
- H. N. Agiza, A. S. Hegazi, and A. A. Elsadany, “The dynamics of Bowley's model with bounded rationality,” Chaos, Solitons and Fractals, vol. 12, no. 9, pp. 1705–1717, 2001.
- M. T. Yassen and H. N. Agiza, “Analysis of a duopoly game with delayed bounded rationality,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 138, no. 2, pp. 387–402, 2003.
- S. Z. Hassan, “On delayed dynamical duopoly,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 151, no. 1, pp. 275–286, 2004.
- A. A. Elsadany, “Dynamics of a delayed duopoly game with bounded rationality,” Mathematical and Computer Modelling, vol. 52, no. 9-10, pp. 1479–1489, 2010.
- A. Matsumoto and F. Szidarovszky, “Delayed dynamics in heterogeneous competition with product differentiation,” Nonlinear Analysis: Real World Applications, vol. 11, no. 2, pp. 601–611, 2010.
- J. Peng, Z. Miao, and F. Peng, “Study on a 3-dimensional game model with delayed bounded rationality,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 218, no. 5, pp. 1568–1576, 2011.
- J. Ma and J. Zhang, “Research on the price game and the application of delayed decision in oligopoly insurance market,” Nonlinear Dynamics, vol. 70, no. 4, pp. 2327–2341, 2012.
- S. Elaydi, An Introduction to Difference Equations, Springer, New York, NY, USA, 2005.
- C. Diks, C. Hommes, V. Panchenko, and R. van der Weide, “E&F chaos: a user friendly software package for nonlinear economic dynamics,” Computational Economics, vol. 32, no. 1-2, pp. 221–244, 2008.