- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Abstract and Applied Analysis
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 253260, 10 pages
On the Incompressible Limit for the Compressible Flows of Liquid Crystals under Strong Stratification on Bounded Domains
Department of Mathematics, Dong-A University, Busan 604-714, Republic of Korea
Received 10 October 2012; Accepted 12 January 2013
Academic Editor: Norio Yoshida
Copyright © 2013 Young-Sam Kwon. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- E. Feireisl, A. Novotný, and H. Petzeltová, “On the incompressible limit for the Navier-Stokes-Fourier system in domains with wavy bottoms,” Mathematical Models & Methods in Applied Sciences, vol. 18, no. 2, pp. 291–324, 2008.
- D. Wang and C. Yu, “Incompressible limit for the compressible flow of liquid crystals,” http://arxiv.org/abs/1108.4941/.
- D. Wang and C. Yu, “Global weak solution and large-time behavior for the compressible flow of liquid crystals,” Archive for Rational Mechanics and Analysis, vol. 204, no. 3, pp. 881–915, 2012.
- X.-G. Liu and J. Qing, “Globally weak solution to the flow of compressible liquid crystals system,” Discrete and Continuous Dynamical Systems A, vol. 33, no. 2, pp. 757–788, 2013.
- S. Klainerman and A. Majda, “Singular limits of quasilinear hyperbolic systems with large parameters and the incompressible limit of compressible fluids,” Communications on Pure and Applied Mathematics, vol. 34, no. 4, pp. 481–524, 1981.
- P.-L. Lions and N. Masmoudi, “Incompressible limit for a viscous compressible fluid,” Journal de Mathématiques Pures et Appliquées, vol. 77, no. 6, pp. 585–627, 1998.
- E. Feireisl and A. Novotný, Singular Limits in Thermodynamics of Viscous Fluids, Advances in Mathematical Fluid Mechanics, Birkhäuser, Basel, Switzerland, 2009.
- E. Feireisl and A. Novotný, “The low mach number limit for the full Navier-Stokes-Fourier system,” Archive for Rational Mechanics and Analysis, vol. 186, no. 1, pp. 77–107, 2007.
- Y.-S. Kwon and K. Trivisa, “On the incompressible limits for the full magnetohydrodynamics flows,” Journal of Differential Equations, vol. 251, no. 7, pp. 1990–2023, 2011.
- A. Novotný, M. Růocircužička, and G. Thäter, “Singular limit of the equations of magnetohydrodynamics in the presence of strong stratification,” Mathematical Models and Methods in Applied Sciences, vol. 21, no. 1, pp. 115–147, 2011.
- G. Lee, P. Kim, and Y.-S. Kwon, “Incompressible limit for the full magnetohydrodynamics flows under strong stratification,” Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications, vol. 387, no. 1, pp. 221–240, 2012.
- E. Feireisl, A. Novotný, and H. Petzeltová, “Low Mach number limit for the Navier-Stokes system on unbounded domains under strong stratification,” Communications in Partial Differential Equations, vol. 35, no. 1, pp. 68–88, 2010.