- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Abstract and Applied Analysis
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 259470, 7 pages
Convergence Theorems for Common Fixed Points of a Finite Family of Relatively Nonexpansive Mappings in Banach Spaces
1Department of Mathematics, Zhejiang Normal University, Zhejiang 321004, China
2Department of Mathematics, Nanjing University, Nanjing 210093, China
Received 15 January 2013; Accepted 18 February 2013
Academic Editor: Yisheng Song
Copyright © 2013 Yuanheng Wang and Weifeng Xuan. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- S. Reich, “A weak convergence theorem for the alternating method with Bregman distances,” in Theory and Applications of Nonlinear Operators of Accretive and Monotone Type, A. G. Kartsatos, Ed., vol. 178 of Lecture Notes in Pure and Appl. Math., pp. 313–318, Dekker, New York, NY, USA, 1996.
- D. Butnariu, S. Reich, and A. J. Zaslavski, “Asymptotic behavior of relatively nonexpansive operators in Banach spaces,” Journal of Applied Analysis, vol. 7, no. 2, pp. 151–174, 2001.
- D. Butnariu, S. Reich, and A. J. Zaslavski, “Weak convergence of orbits of nonlinear operators in reflexive Banach spaces,” Numerical Functional Analysis and Optimization, vol. 24, no. 5-6, pp. 489–508, 2003.
- X. Qin, T. Wang, and S. Y. Cho, “Hybrid projection algorithms for asymptotically strict quasi--pseudocontractions,” Abstract and Applied Analysis, vol. 2011, Article ID 142626, 13 pages, 2011.
- W. Xu and Y. Wang, “Strong convergence of the iterative methods for hierarchical fixed point problems of an infinite family of strictly nonself pseudocontractions,” Abstract and Applied Analysis, vol. 2012, Article ID 457024, 11 pages, 2012.
- Y. Yao, M. A. Noor, and Y.-C. Liou, “Strong convergence of a modified extragradient method to the minimum-norm solution of variational inequalities,” Abstract and Applied Analysis, vol. 2012, Article ID 817436, 9 pages, 2012.
- Y. Wang, “Strong convergence theorems for asymptotically weak G-pseudo- contractive nonself mappings with the generalized projection in Banach spaces,” Abstract and Applied Analysis, vol. 2012, Article ID 651304, 11 pages, 2012.
- Y. Censor and S. Reich, “Iterations of paracontractions and firmly nonexpansive operators with applications to feasibility and optimization,” Optimization, vol. 37, no. 4, pp. 323–339, 1996.
- Y. Su, H. Xu, and X. Zhang, “Strong convergence theorems for two countable families of weak relatively nonexpansive mappings and applications,” Nonlinear Analysis. Theory, Methods & Applications, vol. 73, no. 12, pp. 3890–3906, 2010.
- S. Matsushita and W. Takahashi, “A strong convergence theorem for relatively nonexpansive mappings in a Banach space,” Journal of Approximation Theory, vol. 134, no. 2, pp. 257–266, 2005.
- Y. Song, J. I. Kang, and Y. J. Cho, “On iterations methods for zeros of accretive operators in Banach spaces,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 216, no. 3, pp. 1007–1017, 2010.
- S. Chang, H. W. J. Lee, C. K. Chan, and J. A. Liu, “Strong convergence theorems for countable families of asymptotically relatively nonexpansive mappings with applications,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 218, no. 7, pp. 3187–3198, 2011.
- G. Cai and S. Bu, “Weak convergence theorems for general equilibrium problems and variational inequality problems and fixed point problems in banach spaces,” Acta Mathematica Scientia B, vol. 33, no. 1, pp. 303–320, 2013.
- W. R. Mann, “Mean value methods in iteration,” Proceedings of the American Mathematical Society, vol. 4, pp. 506–510, 1953.
- A. Genel and J. Lindenstrauss, “An example concerning fixed points,” Israel Journal of Mathematics, vol. 22, no. 1, pp. 81–86, 1975.
- C. E. Chidume and S. A. Mutangadura, “An example of the Mann iteration method for Lipschitz pseudocontractions,” Proceedings of the American Mathematical Society, vol. 129, no. 8, pp. 2359–2363, 2001.
- S. Reich, “Weak convergence theorems for nonexpansive mappings in Banach spaces,” Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications, vol. 67, no. 2, pp. 274–276, 1979.
- K. Nakajo and W. Takahashi, “Strong convergence theorems for nonexpansive mappings and nonexpansive semigroups,” Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications, vol. 279, no. 2, pp. 372–379, 2003.
- S. Plubtieng and K. Ungchittrakool, “Strong convergence theorems for a common fixed point of two relatively nonexpansive mappings in a Banach space,” Journal of Approximation Theory, vol. 149, no. 2, pp. 103–115, 2007.
- S. Plubtieng and K. Ungchittrakool, “Strong convergence to common fixed points of two asymptotically nonexpansive mappings,” in Banach and function spaces II, pp. 421–429, Yokohama, Yokohama, Japan, 2008.
- C. Martinez-Yanes and H.-K. Xu, “Strong convergence of the CQ method for fixed point iteration processes,” Nonlinear Analysis. Theory, Methods & Applications, vol. 64, no. 11, pp. 2400–2411, 2006.
- S. Reich, “Review of geometry of banach spaces duality mappings and nonlinear problems by loana cioranescu,” American Mathematical Society, vol. 26, no. 2, pp. 367–370, 1992.
- C. Klin-eam, S. Suantai, and W. Takahashi, “Strong convergence of generalized projection algorithms for nonlinear operators,” Abstract and Applied Analysis, Article ID 649831, 18 pages, 2009.
- Y. J. Cho, H. Zhou, and G. Guo, “Weak and strong convergence theorems for three-step iterations with errors for asymptotically nonexpansive mappings,” Computers & Mathematics with Applications, vol. 47, no. 4-5, pp. 707–717, 2004.