- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Abstract and Applied Analysis
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 264910, 9 pages
Implicit Iterative Scheme for a Countable Family of Nonexpansive Mappings in 2-Uniformly Smooth Banach Spaces
College of Science, Civil Aviation University of China, Tianjin 300300, China
Received 1 January 2013; Accepted 22 March 2013
Academic Editor: Qamrul Hasan Ansari
Copyright © 2013 Ming Tian and Xin Jin. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- D. S. Mitrinović, Analysis Inequality, Springer, New York, NY, USA, 1970.
- M.-M. Wong, Q. H. Ansari, and J.-C. Yao, “Existence of solutions of generalized variational inequalities in reflexive Banach spaces,” Applied Mathematics Letters of Rapid Publication, vol. 22, no. 2, pp. 197–201, 2009.
- I. Yamada, “The hybrid steepest descent method for the variational inequality problem over the intersection of fixed point sets of nonexpansive mappings,” in Inherently Parallel Algorithms in Feasibility and Optimization and Their Applications, S. H. D. Butnariu, Y. Censor, and S. Reich, Eds., vol. 8, pp. 473–504, North-Holland, Amsterdam, The Netherlands, 2001.
- A. Moudafi, “Viscosity approximation methods for fixed-points problems,” Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications, vol. 241, no. 1, pp. 46–55, 2000.
- H. K. Xu, “An iterative approach to quadratic optimization,” Journal of Optimization Theory and Applications, vol. 116, no. 3, pp. 659–678, 2003.
- H.-K. Xu, “Viscosity approximation methods for nonexpansive mappings,” Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications, vol. 298, no. 1, pp. 279–291, 2004.
- G. Marino and H.-K. Xu, “A general iterative method for nonexpansive mappings in Hilbert spaces,” Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications, vol. 318, no. 1, pp. 43–52, 2006.
- M. Tian, “A general iterative algorithm for nonexpansive mappings in Hilbert spaces,” Nonlinear Analysis. Theory, Methods & Applications A, vol. 73, no. 3, pp. 689–694, 2010.
- S. M. Soltuz, “The backward Mann iteration,” Octogon Mathematical Magazine, vol. 9, pp. 797–800, 2001.
- H.-K. Xu and R. G. Ori, “An implicit iteration process for nonexpansive mappings,” Numerical Functional Analysis and Optimization, vol. 22, no. 5-6, pp. 767–773, 2001.
- L.-C. Ceng, Q. H. Ansari, and J. C. Yao, “On relaxed viscosity iterative methods for variational inequalities in Banach spaces,” Journal of Computational and Applied Mathematics, vol. 230, no. 2, pp. 813–822, 2009.
- L.-C. Ceng, Q. H. Ansari, and J.-C. Yao, “Relaxed extragradient iterative methods for variational inequalities,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 218, no. 3, pp. 1112–1123, 2011.
- Y. Yao, Y.-C. Liou, and R. Chen, “Strong convergence of an iterative algorithm for pseudocontractive mapping in Banach spaces,” Nonlinear Analysis. Theory, Methods & Applications A, vol. 67, no. 12, pp. 3311–3317, 2007.
- L.-G. Hu, “Strong convergence of a modified Halpern's iteration for nonexpansive mappings,” Fixed Point Theory and Applications, vol. 2008, Article ID 649162, 9 pages, 2008.
- J. S. Jung, “Some results on a general iterative method for -strictly pseudo-contractive mappings,” Fixed Point Theory and Applications, vol. 2011, 11 pages, 2011.
- D. F. Cudia, “The geometry of Banach spaces. Smoothness,” Transactions of the American Mathematical Society, vol. 110, pp. 284–314, 1964.
- H. K. Xu, “Inequality in Banach spaces with applications,” Nonlinear Analysis, vol. 16, pp. 1127–1138, 1991.
- T.-C. Lim and H. K. Xu, “Fixed point theorems for asymptotically nonexpansive mappings,” Nonlinear Analysis. Theory, Methods & Applications A, vol. 22, no. 11, pp. 1345–1355, 1994.
- H. K. Xu, “Iterative algorithm for nonlinear operator,” Journal of the London Mathematical Society, vol. 66, pp. 240–256, 2002.
- K. Aoyama, Y. Kimura, and W. Takahashi, “Strong convergence of common fixed points of a countable family of nonexpansive mappings in Banach space,” Nonlinear Analysis. Theory, Methods & Applications A, vol. 67, pp. 2350–2360, 2007.