- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Abstract and Applied Analysis
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 269420, 11 pages
Lie Group Analysis and Similarity Solutions for Mixed Convection Boundary Layers in the Stagnation-Point Flow toward a Stretching Vertical Sheet
1Department of Mathematics, Faculty of Science, Universiti Putra Malaysia, 43400 Serdang, Malaysia
2Nuclear Science Research School, Nuclear Science and Technology Research Institute (NSTRI), P.O. Box 14395-836, Tehran, Iran
3Institute of Mathematical Research, Universiti Putra Malaysia, 43400 Serdang Selangor, Darul Ehsan, Malaysia
4Department of Mathematics, Islamic Azad University, Bushehr Branch, 7514763448 Bushehr, Iran
5Department of Applied Mathematics and Computer Science, Eastern Mediterranean University, Famagusta, Northern Cyprus via Mersin 10, Turkey
Received 16 December 2012; Revised 18 January 2013; Accepted 18 January 2013
Academic Editor: Nail Migranov
Copyright © 2013 Sarkhosh Seddighi Chaharborj et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- M. V. Karwe and Y. Jaluria, “Numerical simulation of thermal transport associated with a continuously moving flat sheet in materials processing,” Journal of Heat Transfer, vol. 113, no. 3, pp. 612–619, 1991.
- B. C. Sakiadis, “Boundary layer behaviour on continuous solid surfaces—ii. the boundary layer on a continuous flat surface,” AIChE Journal, vol. 7, pp. 221–225, 1961.
- L. J. Crane, “Flow past a stretching plate,” Zeitschrift für Angewandte Mathematik und Physik ZAMP, vol. 21, no. 4, pp. 645–647, 1970.
- P. Carragher and L. J. Crane, “Heat transfer on a continuous stretching sheet,” Journal of Applied Mathematics and Mechanics, vol. 62, pp. 564–565, 1982.
- E. M. A. Elbashbeshy and M. A. A. Bazid, “Effect of temperature-dependent viscosity on heat transfer over a continuous moving surface,” Journal of Physics D, vol. 33, no. 21, pp. 2716–2721, 2000.
- P. S. Gupta and A. S. Gupta, “Heat and mass transfer on a stretching sheet with suction or blowing,” The Canadian Journal of Chemical Engineering, vol. 55, pp. 744–746, 1977.
- E. Magyari and B. Keller, “Heat and mass transfer in the boundary layers on an exponentially stretching continuous surface,” Journal of Physics D, vol. 32, no. 5, pp. 577–585, 1999.
- E. Magyari and B. Keller, “Exact solutions for self-similar boundary-layer flows induced by permeable stretching walls,” European Journal of Mechanics B, vol. 19, no. 1, pp. 109–122, 2000.
- E. Magyari, M. E. Ali, and B. Keller, “Heat and mass transfer characteristics of the self-similar boundary-layer flows induced by continuous surfaces stretched with rapidly decreasing velocities,” Heat and Mass Transfer, vol. 38, no. 1, pp. 65–74, 2002.
- S. J. Liao and I. Pop, “On explicit analytic solutions of boundary-layer equations about flows in a porous medium or for a stretching wall,” International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, vol. 47, pp. 75–85, 2004.
- R. Nazar, N. Amin, D. Filip, and I. Pop, “Unsteady boundary layer flow in the region of the stagnation point on a stretching sheet,” International Journal of Engineering Science, vol. 42, no. 11-12, pp. 1241–1253, 2004.
- I. Pop, “Mhd flow over asymmetric plane stagnation point,” Journal of Applied Mathematics and Mechanics, vol. 63, pp. 580–581, 1983.
- H. I. Andersson, “MHD flow of a viscoelastic fluid past a stretching surface,” Acta Mechanica, vol. 95, no. 1–4, pp. 227–230, 1992.
- H. S. Takhar and G. Nath, “Similarity solution of unsteady boundary layer equations with a magnetic fiield,” Meccanica, vol. 32, no. 2, pp. 157–163, 1997.
- R. Nazar, N. Amin, and I. Pop, “Unsteady boundary layer flow due to a stretching surface in a rotating fluid,” Mechanics Research Communications, vol. 31, no. 1, pp. 121–128, 2004.
- C. H. Chen, “Laminar mixed convection adjacent to vertical, continuously stretching sheets,” Heat and Mass Transfer, vol. 33, no. 5-6, pp. 471–476, 1998.
- C. H. Chen, “Mixed convection cooling of a heated, continuously stretching surface,” Warme- und Stoffubertragung Zeitschrift, vol. 36, no. 1, pp. 79–86, 2000.
- C. R. Lin and C. K. Chen, “Exact solution of heat transfer from a stretching surface with variable heat flux,” Heat and Mass Transfer, vol. 33, no. 5-6, pp. 477–480, 1998.
- M. Ali and F. Al-Yousef, “Laminar mixed convection from a continuously moving vertical surface with suction or injection,” Heat and Mass Transfer, vol. 33, no. 4, pp. 301–306, 1998.
- M. Ali and F. Al-Yousef, “Laminar mixed convection boundary layers induced by a linearly stretching permeable surface,” International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, vol. 45, no. 21, pp. 4241–4250, 2002.
- M. E. Ali, “The buoyancy effects on the boundary layers induced by continuous surfaces stretched with rapidly decreasing velocities,” Heat and Mass Transfer, vol. 40, no. 3-4, pp. 285–291, 2004.
- M. E. Ali, “The effect of variable viscosity on mixed convection heat transfer along a vertical moving surface,” International Journal of Thermal Sciences, vol. 45, no. 1, pp. 60–69, 2006.
- E. M. Abo-Eldahab, “The effects of temperature-dependent fluid properties on free convective flow along a semi-infinite vertical plate by the presence of radiation,” Heat and Mass Transfer, vol. 41, no. 2, pp. 163–169, 2004.
- A. Ishak, R. Nazar, and I. Pop, “Unsteady mixed convection boundary layer flow due to a stretching vertical surface,” Arabian Journal for Science and Engineering, vol. 31, no. 2 B, pp. 165–182, 2006.
- T. R. Mahapatra and A. S. Gupta, “Unsteady mixed convection boundary layer flow due to a stretching vertical surface,” Arabian Journal for Science and Engineering, vol. 38, pp. 517–521, 2002.
- T. R. Mahapatra and A. S. Gupta, “Stagnation-point flow of a viscoelastic fluid towards a stretching surface,” International Journal of Non-Linear Mechanics, vol. 39, no. 5, pp. 811–820, 2004.
- F. Rabiei and F. Ismail, “Fifth-order improved runge-kutta method for solving ordinary differential equations,” Australian Journal of Basic and Applied Sciences, vol. 6, pp. 97–105, 2012.
- A. Ishak, R. Nazar, and I. Pop, “Mixed convection boundary layers in the stagnation-point flow toward a stretching vertical sheet,” Meccanica, vol. 41, no. 5, pp. 509–518, 2006.