- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Abstract and Applied Analysis
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 270467, 8 pages
Binary Tree Pricing to Convertible Bonds with Credit Risk under Stochastic Interest Rates
1School of Business, Central South University, Changsha, Hunan 410083, China
2School of Economics & Management, Changsha University of Science & Technology, Changsha 410004, China
Received 18 January 2013; Accepted 21 March 2013
Academic Editor: Chuangxia Huang
Copyright © 2013 Jianbo Huang et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- M. Ammann, A. Kind, and C. Wilde, “Simulation-based pricing of convertible bonds,” Journal of Empirical Finance, vol. 15, no. 2, pp. 310–331, 2008.
- V. S. Guzhva, K. Beltsova, and V. V. Golubev, “Market undervaluation of risky convertible offerings: evidence from the airline industry,” Journal of Economics and Finance, vol. 34, no. 1, pp. 30–45, 2010.
- T. Kimura and T. Shinohara, “Monte Carlo analysis of convertible bonds with reset clauses,” European Journal of Operational Research, vol. 168, no. 2, pp. 301–310, 2006.
- J. Yang, Y. Choi, S. Li, and J. Yu, “A note on ‘Monte Carlo analysis of convertible bonds with reset clause’,” European Journal of Operational Research, vol. 200, no. 3, pp. 924–925, 2010.
- M. A. Siddiqi, “Investigating the effectiveness of convertible bonds in reducing agency costs: a Monte-Carlo approach,” Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, vol. 49, no. 4, pp. 1360–1370, 2009.
- J. C. Cox, S. A. Ross, and M. Rubinstein, “Option pricing: a simplified approach,” Journal of Financial Economics, vol. 7, no. 3, pp. 229–263, 1979.
- W. Cheung and L. Nelken, “Costing the converts,” RISK, vol. 7, pp. 47–49, 1994.
- P. Carayannopoulos and M. Kalimipalli, “Convertible bonds prices and inherent biases,” Working Paper, Wilfrid Laurier University, 2003.
- M. W. Hung and J. Y. Wang, “Pricing convertible bonds subject to default risk,” The Journal of Derivatives, vol. 10, pp. 75–87, 2002.
- D. R. Chambers and Q. Lu, “A tree model for pricing convertible bonds with equity, ‘ interest rate, and default risk’,” The Journal of Derivatives, vol. 14, pp. 25–46, 2007.
- R. Xu, “A lattice approach for pricing convertible bond asset swaps with market risk and counterparty risk,” Economic Modelling, vol. 28, no. 5, pp. 2143–2153, 2011.
- P. Ritchken, Derivative Markets, HarperCollins College, New York, NY, USA, 1996.
- T. S. Y. Ho and S. B. Lee, “Term structure movements and pricing interest rate contingent claims,” Journal of Finance, vol. 41, pp. 1011–1029, 1986.
- D. Grant and G. Vora, “Analytical implementation of the Ho and Lee model for the short interest rate,” Global Finance Journal, vol. 14, no. 1, pp. 19–47, 2003.
- R. Jarrow and S. Turnbull, Derivative Securities, South-Western College, Cincinnati, Ohio, USA, 1996.
- S. Roman, Introduction to the Mathematics of Finance, Undergraduate Texts in Mathematics, Springer, New York, NY, USA, 2nd edition, 2012.
- J. Hull, Options, Futures, and Other Derivatives, Tsinghua University Press, 6th edition, 2009.
- R. A. Jarrow and S. M. Turnbull, “Pricing derivatives on financial securities subject to credit risk,” Journal of Finance, vol. 50, pp. 53–85, 1995.