- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Abstract and Applied Analysis
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 272791, 5 pages
Central Configurations for Newtonian -Body Problems
1Department of Mathematics, Sichuan University, Chengdu,
Sichuan 610064, China
2Department of Mathematics and Computer Science, Mianyang Normal University, Mianyang, Sichuan 621000, China
3Department of Mathematics, Southwest University of Science and Technology, Mianyang, Sichuan 621000, China
Received 29 November 2012; Revised 31 January 2013; Accepted 3 February 2013
Academic Editor: Baodong Zheng
Copyright © 2013 Furong Zhao and Jian Chen. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- R. Abraham and J. E. Marsden, Foundation of Mechanics, Benjamin, New York, NY, USA, 2nd edition, 1978.
- D. G. Saari, Rings and Other Newtonian N-body Problems, American Mathematical Society, Providence, RI, USA, 2005.
- A. Wintner, The Analytical Foundations of Celestial Mechanics, vol. 5 of Princeton Mathematical Series, Princeton University Press, Princeton, NJ, USA, 1941.
- D. G. Saari, “Singularities and collisions of Newtonian gravitational systems,” Archive for Rational Mechanics and Analysis, vol. 49, pp. 311–320, 1973.
- D. G. Saari, “On the role and the properties of n-body central configurations,” Celestial Mechanics and Dynamical Astronomy, vol. 21, no. 1, pp. 9–20, 1980.
- D. G. Saari and N. D. Hulkower, “On the manifolds of total collapse orbits and of completely parabolic orbits for the n-body problem,” Journal of Differential Equations, vol. 41, no. 1, pp. 27–43, 1981.
- S. Smale, “Mathematical problems for the next century,” Mathematical Intelligencer, vol. 20, pp. 141–145, 1998.
- M. Hampton and R. Moeckel, “Finiteness of relative equilibria of the four-body problem,” Inventiones Mathematicae, vol. 163, no. 2, pp. 289–312, 2006.
- M. Hampton, “Stacked central configurations: new examples in the planar five-body problem,” Nonlinearity, vol. 18, no. 5, pp. 2299–2304, 2005.
- T. Ouyang, Z. Xie, and S. Zhang, “Pyramidal central configurations and perverse solutions,” Electronic Journal of Differential Equations, vol. 2004, no. 106, pp. 1–9, 2004.
- S. Zhang and Q. Zhou, “Double pyramidal central configurations,” Physics Letters A, vol. 281, no. 4, pp. 240–248, 2001.
- L. F. Mello and A. C. Fernandes, “New classes of spatial central configurations for the n-body problem,” Nonlinear Analysis: Real World Applications, vol. 12, no. 1, pp. 723–730, 2011.
- A. Albouy, “The symmetric central configurations of four equal masses,” in Hamiltonian Dynamics and Celestial Mechanics, vol. 198 of Contemporary Mathematics, pp. 131–135, American Mathematical Society, Providence, RI, USA, 1996.
- A. Albouy, Y. Fu, and S. Sun, “Symmetry of planar four-body convex central configurations,” Proceedings of The Royal Society of London. Series A, vol. 464, no. 2093, pp. 1355–1365, 2008.
- F. N. Diacu, “The masses in a symmetric centered solution of the n-body problem,” Proceedings of the American Mathematical Society, vol. 109, no. 4, pp. 1079–1085, 1990.
- J. Lei and M. Santoprete, “Rosette central configurations, degenerate central configurations and bifurcations,” Celestial Mechanics & Dynamical Astronomy, vol. 94, no. 3, pp. 271–287, 2006.
- R. Moeckel, “On central configurations,” Mathematische Zeitschrift, vol. 205, no. 4, pp. 499–517, 1990.
- R. Moeckel and C. Simó, “Bifurcation of spatial central configurations from planar ones,” SIAM Journal on Mathematical Analysis, vol. 26, no. 4, pp. 978–998, 1995.
- F.R. Moulton, “The straight line solutions of the n-body problem,” Annals of Mathematics, Second Series, vol. 12, pp. 1–17, 1910.
- L. M. Perko and E. L. Walter, “Regular polygon solutions of the N-body problem,” Proceedings of the American Mathematical Society, vol. 94, no. 2, pp. 301–309, 1985.
- J. Shi and Z. Xie, “Classification of four-body central configurations with three equal masses,” Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications, vol. 363, no. 2, pp. 512–524, 2010.
- Z. Xia, “Central configurations with many small masses,” Journal of Differential Equations, vol. 91, no. 1, pp. 168–179, 1991.
- M. Corbera, J. Delgado, and J. Llibre, “On the existence of central configurations of p nested n-gons,” Qualitative Theory of Dynamical Systems, vol. 8, no. 2, pp. 255–265, 2009.