- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Abstract and Applied Analysis
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 278097, 6 pages
Optimal Homotopy Asymptotic Method for Solving the Linear Fredholm Integral Equations of the First Kind
School of Mathematical Sciences, Universiti Sains Malaysia (USM), 11800 Gelugor, Penang, Malaysia
Received 20 April 2013; Accepted 16 June 2013
Academic Editor: Santanu Saha Ray
Copyright © 2013 Mohammad Almousa and Ahmad Ismail. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- A. Adawi, F. Awawdeh, and H. Jaradat, “A numerical method for solving linear integral equations,” International Journal of Contemporary Mathematical Sciences, vol. 4, no. 9–12, pp. 485–496, 2009.
- M. H. AliAbadi and S. Shahmorad, “A matrix formulation of the tau method for Fredholm and Volterra linear integro-differential equations,” The Korean Journal of Computational & Applied Mathematics, vol. 9, no. 2, pp. 497–507, 2002.
- S. Abbasbandy, “Numerical solutions of the integral equations: homotopy perturbation method and Adomian's decomposition method,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 173, no. 1, pp. 493–500, 2006.
- F. Mirzaee, “Numerical solution for Volterra integral equations of the first kind via quadrature rule,” Applied Mathematical Sciences, vol. 6, no. 17–20, pp. 969–974, 2012.
- S. Abbasbandy and E. Babolian, “Automatic augmented Galerkin algorithms for linear first kind integral equations: non-singular and weak-singular kernels,” Bulletin of the Iranian Mathematical Society, vol. 21, no. 1, pp. 35–62, 1995.
- V. Marinca and N. Herişanu, “Application of optimal homotopy asymptotic method for solving nonlinear equations arising in heat transfer,” International Communications in Heat and Mass Transfer, vol. 35, no. 6, pp. 710–715, 2008.
- N. Herişanu, V. Marinca, T. Dordea, and G. Madescu, “A new analytical approach to nonlinear vibration of an electrical machine,” Proceedings of the Romanian Academy. Series A, vol. 9, no. 3, pp. 229–236, 2008.
- M. S. Hashmi, N. Khan, and S. Iqbal, “Optimal homotopy asymptotic method for solving nonlinear Fredholm integral equations of second kind,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 218, no. 22, pp. 10982–10989, 2012.
- A. Sulaiman and I. Hassan, “Successive approximation method (S.A.M.) for solving integral equation of the first kind with symmetric kernel,” Journal of Education and Sciences, vol. 21, no. 4, pp. 149–159, 2008.
- A. J. Mohammed and J. I. Mustafa, “Construction of a new technique in Aitken extrapolation method for solving Fredholm integral equation of the first kind with iterated kernel,” Journal of Education and Sciences, vol. 21, no. 2, pp. 143–149, 2008.