- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Abstract and Applied Analysis
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 280925, 7 pages
Dynamic Properties of the Solow Model with Increasing or Decreasing Population and Time-to-Build Technology
1Department of Management, Polytechnic University of Marche, Piazza Martelli 8, 60121 Ancona, Italy
2Department of Economics and Management, University of Pisa, Via Cosimo Ridolfi 10, 56124 Pisa, Italy
Received 4 September 2013; Accepted 2 October 2013
Academic Editor: Carlo Bianca
Copyright © 2013 Luca Guerrini and Mauro Sodini. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- L. Fanti and P. Manfredi, “Population, unemployment and economic growth cycles: a further explanatory perspective,” Metroeconomica, vol. 54, no. 2-3, pp. 179–207, 2003.
- B. van Groezen and L. Meijdam, “Growing old and staying young: population policy in an ageing closed economy,” Journal of Population Economics, vol. 21, no. 3, pp. 573–588, 2008.
- B. van Groezen, T. Leers, and L. Meijdam, “Social security and endogenous fertility: pensions and child allowances as siamese twins,” Journal of Population Economics, vol. 87, no. 2, pp. 233–251, 2003.
- R. A. Pecchenino and P. S. Pollard, “Aging, myopia, and the pay-as-you-go public pension systems of the G7: a bright future?” Journal of Public Economic Theory, vol. 7, no. 3, pp. 449–470, 2005.
- R. J. Barro and G. S. Becker, “Fertility choice in a model of economic growth,” Econometrica, vol. 57, pp. 481–501, 1989.
- G. S. Becker, “An economic analysis of fertility,” in Demographic and Economic Change in Developed Countries, NBER, Ed., Princeton University Press, Princeton, NJ, USA, 1960.
- G. Becker, K. M. Murphy, and R. Tamura, “Human capital, fertility and economic growth,” in Journal of Political Economy, vol. 98, pp. 12–37, 1990.
- K. Blackburn and G. P. Cipriani, “A model of longevity, fertility and growth,” Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, vol. 26, pp. 187–204, 2002.
- S. Chakraborty, “Endogenous lifetime and economic growth,” Journal of Economic Theory, vol. 116, no. 1, pp. 119–137, 2004.
- M. Sanso and G. Larramona, “Migration dynamics, growth and convergence,” Journal of Economic Dynamics & Control, vol. 30, pp. 2261–2279, 2006.
- R. H. Day, K. H. Kim, and D. Macunovich, “Complex demoeconomic dynamics,” Journal of Population Economics, vol. 2159, no. 2, p. 139, 1989.
- G. Feichtinger and G. Sorger, “Self-generating fertility waves in a nonlinear continuous overlapping generations model,” Journal of Population Economics, vol. 2, pp. 267–280, 1989.
- J. Benhabib and K. Nishimura, “Endogenous uctuations in the Barro-Becker theory of fertility,” in Demographic Change and Economic Development, A. Wenig and K. F. Zimmermann, Eds., vol. 41, pp. 29–41, Springer, Berlin, Germany, 1989.
- P. Manfredi and L. Fanti, “The complex effects of the interaction between the economy and population,” Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, vol. 17, pp. 148–173, 2006.
- P. Manfredi and L. Fanti, “Demography in macroeconomic models: when labour supply matters for economic cycles,” Metroeconomica, vol. 57, no. 4, pp. 536–563, 2006.
- L. Fanti and L. Gori, “Fertility-related pensions and cyclical instability,” Journal of Population Economics, vol. 26, no. 3, pp. 1209–1232, 2013.
- A. Bucci and L. Guerrini, “Transitional dynamics in the Solow-Swan growth model with AK technology and logistic population change,” B.E. Journal of Macroeconomics, vol. 916, no. 1, p. 1, 2009.
- L. Guerrini, “The Solow-Swan model with a bounded population growth rate,” Journal of Mathematical Economics, vol. 42, no. 1, pp. 14–21, 2006.
- C. Bianca, M. Ferrara, and L. Guerrini, “Hopf bifurcations in a delayed-energy-based model of capital accumulation,” Applied Mathematics & Information Sciences, vol. 7, no. 1, pp. 139–143, 2013.
- C. Bianca, M. Ferrara, and L. Guerrini, “The Cai model with time delay: existence of periodic solutions and asymptotic analysis,” Applied Mathematics & Information Sciences, vol. 7, no. 1, pp. 21–27, 2013.
- C. Bianca and L. Guerrini, “On the dalgaard-strulik model with logistic population growth rate and delayed-carrying capacity,” Acta Applicandae Mathematicae, vol. 128, pp. 39–48, 2013.
- P. J. Zak, “Kaleckian lags in general equilibrium,” Review of Political Economy, vol. 11, pp. 321–330, 1999.
- E. Beretta and Y. Kuang, “Geometric stability switch criteria in delay differential systems with delay dependent parameters,” SIAM Journal on Mathematical Analysis, vol. 33, no. 5, pp. 1144–1165, 2002.
- R. M. Solow, “A contribution to the theory of economic growth,” Quarterly Journal of Economics, vol. 70, pp. 65–94, 1956.
- J. K. Hale and S. M. Verduyn Lunel, Introduction to Functional-Differential Equations, Springer, New York, NY, USA, 1993.
- C. I. Jones, “R&D-based models of economic growth,” Journal of Political Economy, vol. 103, pp. 759–784, 1995.