- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Abstract and Applied Analysis
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 284865, 7 pages
Abundant Exact Solition-Like Solutions to the Generalized Bretherton Equation with Arbitrary Constants
Department of Mathematics Sciences, Dezhou University, Dezhou 253023, China
Received 20 January 2013; Accepted 26 February 2013
Academic Editor: Abdel-Maksoud A. Soliman
Copyright © 2013 Xiuqing Yu et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- E. J. Parkes and B. R. Duffy, “An automated tanh-function method for finding solitary wave solutions to nonlinear evolution equations,” Computer Physics Communications, vol. 98, no. 3, pp. 288–300, 1996.
- E. Fan, “Extended tanh-function method and its applications to nonlinear equations,” Physics Letters A, vol. 277, no. 4-5, pp. 212–218, 2000.
- S. Liu, Z. Fu, S. Liu, and Q. Zhao, “Jacobi elliptic function expansion method and periodic wave solutions of nonlinear wave equations,” Physics Letters A, vol. 289, no. 1-2, pp. 69–74, 2001.
- Z. Fu, S. Liu, S. Liu, and Q. Zhao, “New Jacobi elliptic function expansion and new periodic solutions of nonlinear wave equations,” Physics Letters A, vol. 290, no. 1-2, pp. 72–76, 2001.
- M. Wang and Y. Zhou, “The periodic wave solutions for the Klein-Gordon-Schrödinger equations,” Physics Letters A, vol. 318, no. 1-2, pp. 84–92, 2003.
- Y. Zhou, M. Wang, and T. Miao, “The periodic wave solutions and solitary wave solutions for a class of nonlinear partial differential equations,” Physics Letters A, vol. 323, no. 1-2, pp. 77–88, 2004.
- M. Wang and X. Li, “Extended -expansion method and periodic wave solutions for the generalized Zakharov equations,” Physics Letters A, vol. 343, no. 1-3, pp. 48–54, 2005.
- M. Wang and X. Li, “Applications of -expansion to periodic wave solutions for a new Hamiltonian amplitude equation,” Chaos, Solitons and Fractals, vol. 24, no. 5, pp. 1257–1268, 2005.
- A.-M. Wazwaz, “A study on nonlinear dispersive partial differential equations of compact and noncompact solutions,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 135, no. 2-3, pp. 399–409, 2003.
- A.-M. Wazwaz, “A construction of compact and noncompact solutions for nonlinear dispersive equations of even order,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 135, no. 2-3, pp. 411–424, 2003.
- M. Wang, “Solitary wave solutions for variant Boussinesq equations,” Physics Letters A, vol. 199, no. 3-4, pp. 169–172, 1995.
- M. Wang, “Exact solutions for a compound KdV-Burgers equation,” Physics Letters A, vol. 213, no. 5-6, pp. 279–287, 1996.
- M. Wang, Y. Zhou, and Z. B. Li, “Application of a homogeneous balance method to exact solutions of nonlinear evolution equations in mathematical physics,” Physics Letters A, vol. 216, pp. 67–75, 1996.
- C. Bai and H. Zhao, “New explicit exact solutions for the -dimensional higher-order Broer-Kaup system,” Communications in Theoretical Physics, vol. 41, no. 4, pp. 521–526, 2004.
- L. Zhang, X. Liu, and C. Bai, “New multiple soliton-like and periodic solutions for (2+1)-dimensional canonical generalized KP equation with variable coefficients,” Communications in Theoretical Physics, vol. 46, pp. 793–798, 2006.
- Sirendaoreji, “Auxiliary equation method and new solutions of Klein-Gordon equations,” Chaos, Solitons and Fractals, vol. 31, no. 4, pp. 943–950, 2007.
- Sirendaoreji, “A new auxiliary equation and exact travelling wave solutions of nonlinear equations,” Physics Letters A, vol. 356, no. 2, pp. 124–130, 2006.
- F. P. Bretherton, “Resonant interactions between waves. The case of discrete oscillations,” Journal of Fluid Mechanics, vol. 20, pp. 457–479, 1964.
- N. A. Kudryashov, “On types of nonlinear nonintegrable equations with exact solutions,” Physics Letters A, vol. 155, no. 4-5, pp. 269–275, 1991.
- N. A. Kudryashov, D. I. Sinelshchikov, and M. V. Demina, “Exact solutions of the generalized Bretherton equation,” Physics Letters A, vol. 375, no. 7, pp. 1074–1079, 2011.
- N. G. Berloff and L. N. Howard, “Nonlinear wave interactions in nonlinear nonintegrable systems,” Studies in Applied Mathematics, vol. 100, no. 3, pp. 195–213, 1998.
- M. A. Akbar, H. Norhashidah, A. Mohd, and E. M. E. Zayed, “Abundant exact traveling wave solutions of generalized Bretherton equation via improved -expansion method,” Communications in Theoretical Physics, vol. 57, no. 2, pp. 173–178, 2012.