- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Abstract and Applied Analysis
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 301645, 7 pages
New Exact Solitary Wave Solutions of a Coupled Nonlinear Wave Equation
School of Science, Guizhou Minzu University, Guiyang, Guizhou 550025, China
Received 24 July 2013; Accepted 13 September 2013
Academic Editor: Ziemowit Popowicz
Copyright © 2013 XiaoHua Liu and CaiXia He. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- M. J. Ablowitz and P. A. Clarkson, Solitons, Nonlinear Evolution Equations and Inverse Scattering, Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, UK, 1991.
- R. Hirota, “Exact solution of the Korteweg-de Vries equation for multiple collisions of solitons,” Physical Review Letters, vol. 27, no. 18, pp. 1192–1194, 1971.
- J.-H. He, “Variational iteration method—some recent results and new interpretations,” Journal of Computational and Applied Mathematics, vol. 207, no. 1, pp. 3–17, 2007.
- M. L. Wang, Y. B. Zhou, and Z. B. Li, “Application of a homogeneous balance method to exact solutions of nonlinear equations in mathematical physics,” Physics Letters A, vol. 216, pp. 67–75, 1996.
- G. L. Lamb,, “Bäcklund transformations for certain nonlinear evolution equations,” Journal of Mathematical Physics, vol. 15, no. 12, pp. 2157–2165, 1974.
- A. M. Wazawaz, “New traveling wave solutions of differential physical structures to generalized BBM equation,” Physics Letters A, vol. 355, no. 4-5, pp. 358–362, 2006.
- E. V. Krishnan, “On the Itô-type coupled nonlinear wave equation,” Journal of the Physical Society of Japan, vol. 55, no. 11, pp. 3753–3755, 1986.
- S. Zhang, “A generalized new auxiliary equation method and its application to the -dimensional breaking soliton equations,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 190, no. 1, pp. 510–516, 2007.
- E. Yomba, “A generalized auxiliary equation method and its application to nonlinear Klein-Gordon and generalized nonlinear Camassa-Holm equations,” Physics Letters A, vol. 372, no. 7, pp. 1048–1060, 2008.
- F. Kangalgil and F. Ayaz, “New exact travelling wave solutions for the Ostrovsky equation,” Physics Letters A, vol. 372, no. 11, pp. 1831–1835, 2008.
- M. Wang, X. Li, and J. Zhang, “The -expansion method and travelling wave solutions of nonlinear evolution equations in mathematical physics,” Physics Letters A, vol. 372, no. 4, pp. 417–423, 2008.
- X. Liu, W. Zhang, and Z. Li, “Application of improved -expansion method to traveling wave solutions of two nonlinear evolution equations,” Advances in Applied Mathematics and Mechanics, vol. 4, no. 1, pp. 122–130, 2012.
- R. Hirota and J. Satsuma, “Soliton solutions of a coupled Korteweg-de Vries equation,” Physics Letters A, vol. 85, no. 8-9, pp. 407–408, 1981.
- B. A. Kupershmidt, “A coupled Korteweg-de Vries equation with dispersion,” Journal of Physics A, vol. 18, no. 10, pp. L571–L573, 1985.
- M. Ito, “Symmetries and conservation laws of a coupled nonlinear wave equation,” Physics Letters A, vol. 91, no. 7, pp. 335–338, 1982.
- S. Kawamoto, “Cusp soliton solutions of the Itô-type coupled nonlinear wave equation,” Journal of the Physical Society of Japan, vol. 53, no. 4, pp. 1203–1205, 1984.
- D. C. Lu and G. J. Yang, “Compacton solutions and peakon solutions for a coupled nonlinear wave equation,” International Journal of Nonlinear Science, vol. 4, no. 1, pp. 31–36, 2007.
- C. Guha-Roy, B. Bagchi, and D. K. Sinha, “Traveling-wave solutions and the coupled Korteweg-de Vries equation,” Journal of Mathematical Physics, vol. 27, no. 10, pp. 2558–2560, 1986.
- A. Cavaglia, A. Fring, and B. Bagchi, “-symmetry breaking in complex nonlinear wave equations and their deformations,” Journal of Physics A, vol. 44, no. 32, Article ID 325201, 2011.
- C. Guha-Roy, “Solitary wave solutions of a system of coupled nonlinear equations,” Journal of Mathematical Physics, vol. 28, no. 9, pp. 2087–2088, 1987.
- M. Wadati, “Wave propagation in nonlinear lattice I, II,” Journal of the Physical Society of Japan, vol. 38, pp. 673–686, 1975.
- C. Guha-Roy, “Exact solutions to a coupled nonlinear equation,” International Journal of Theoretical Physics, vol. 27, no. 4, pp. 447–450, 1988.
- B. Q. Lu, Z. L. Pan, B. Z. Qu, and X. F. Jiang, “Solitary wave solutions for some systems of coupled nonlinear equations,” Physics Letters A, vol. 180, no. 1-2, pp. 61–64, 1993.
- S. N. Chow and J. K. Hale, Method of Bifurcation Theory, Springer, New York, NY, USA, 1981.
- J. Guckenheimer and P. J. Holmes, Nonlinear Oscillations, Dynamical Systems, and Bifurcations of Vector Fields, Springer, New York, NY, USA, 1983.
- L. Perko, Differential Equations and Dynamical Systems, Springer, New York, NY, USA, 1991.