- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Abstract and Applied Analysis
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 306746, 10 pages
A New Legendre Spectral Galerkin and Pseudo-Spectral Approximations for Fractional Initial Value Problems
1Department of Mathematics, Faculty of Science, King Abdulaziz University, Jeddah 21589, Saudi Arabia
2Department of Mathematics, Faculty of Science, Beni-Suef University, Beni-Suef 62511, Egypt
Received 1 May 2013; Accepted 17 June 2013
Academic Editor: Dumitru Baleanu
Copyright © 2013 A. H. Bhrawy and M. A. Alghamdi. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- R. L. Magin, Fractional Calculus in Bioengineering, Begell House Publishers, 2006.
- S. Das, Functional Fractional Calculus for System Identification and Controls, Springer, New York, NY, USA, 2008.
- D. Baleanu, K. Diethelm, E. Scalas, and J. J. Trujillo, Fractional Calculus Models and Numerical Methods, vol. 3 of Series on Complexity, Nonlinearity and Chaos, World Scientific, 2012.
- I. Podlubny, Fractional Differential Equations, Academic Press, San Diego, Calif, USA, 1999.
- K. A. Gepreel, “The homotopy perturbation method applied to the nonlinear fractional Kolmogorov-Petrovskii-Piskunov equations,” Applied Mathematics Letters, vol. 24, no. 8, pp. 1428–1434, 2011.
- S. Saha Ray and A. Patra, “An Explicit Finite Difference scheme for numerical solution of fractional neutron point kinetic equation,” Annals of Nuclear Energy, vol. 41, pp. 61–66, 2012.
- D. Baleanu, A. K. Golmankhaneh, and A. K. Golmankhaneh, “Solving of the fractional nonlinear and linear Schrodinger equations by homotopy perturbation method,” Romanian Journal of Physics, vol. 54, no. 10, 2009.
- A. Ansari, A. R. Sheikhani, and H. S. Najafi, “Solution to system of partial fractional differential equations using the fractional exponential operators,” Mathematical Methods in the Applied Sciences, vol. 35, no. 1, pp. 119–123, 2012.
- E. H. Doha, A. H. Bhrawy, and S. S. Ezz-Eldien, “Efficient Chebyshev spectral methods for solving multi-term fractional orders differential equations,” Applied Mathematical Modelling, vol. 35, no. 12, pp. 5662–5672, 2011.
- E. H. Doha, A. H. Bhrawy, and S. S. Ezz-Eldien, “A Chebyshev spectral method based on operational matrix for initial and boundary value problems of fractional order,” Computers & Mathematics with Applications, vol. 62, no. 5, pp. 2364–2373, 2011.
- S. Kazem, S. Abbasbandy, and S. Kumar, “Fractional-order Legendre functions for solving fractional-order differential equations,” Applied Mathematical Modelling, vol. 37, pp. 5498–5510, 2013.
- E. H. Doha, A. H. Bhrawy, and S. S. Ezz-Eldien, “A new Jacobi operational matrix: an application for solving fractional differential equations,” Applied Mathematical Modelling, vol. 36, no. 10, pp. 4931–4943, 2012.
- A. Ahmadian, M. Suleiman, S. Salahshour, and D. Baleanu, “A Jacobi operational matrix for solving fuzzy linear fractional differential equation,” Advances in Difference Equations, vol. 2013, article 104, 2013.
- M. Maleki, I. Hashim, M. Tavassoli Kajani, and S. Abbasbandy, “An adaptive pseudospectral method for fractional order boundary value problems,” Abstract and Applied Analysis, vol. 2012, Article ID 381708, 19 pages, 2012.
- A. Al-Rabtah, S. Momani, and M. A. Ramadan, “Solving linear and nonlinear fractional differential equations using spline functions,” Abstract and Applied Analysis, vol. 2012, Article ID 426514, 9 pages, 2012.
- A. H. Bhrawy and M. Alshomrani, “A shifted Legendre spectral method for fractional-order multi-point boundary value problems,” Advances in Difference Equations, vol. 2012, article 8, 2012.
- S. Yüzbaşı, “Numerical solution of the Bagley-Torvik equation by the Bessel collocation method,” Mathematical Methods in the Applied Sciences, vol. 36, no. 3, pp. 300–312, 2013.
- S. Yüzbaşı, “Numerical solutions of fractional Riccati type differential equations by means of the Bernstein polynomials,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 219, no. 11, pp. 6328–6343, 2013.
- A. H. Bhrawy, M. M. Alghamdi, and T. M. Taha, “A new modified generalized Laguerre operational matrix of fractional integration for solving fractional differential equations on the half line,” Advances in Difference Equations, vol. 2012, article 179, 2012.
- D. Baleanu, A. H. Bhrawy, and T. M. Taha, “Two efficient generalized Laguerre spectral algorithms for fractional initial value problems,” Abstract and Applied Analysis, vol. 2013, Article ID 546502, 10 pages, 2013.
- B. Bandrowski, A. Karczewska, and P. Rozmej, “Numerical solutions to fractional perturbed Volterra equations,” Abstract and Applied Analysis, vol. 2012, Article ID 529602, 19 pages, 2012.
- Y.-L. Jiang and X.-L. Ding, “Waveform relaxation methods for fractional differential equations with the Caputo derivatives,” Journal of Computational and Applied Mathematics, vol. 238, pp. 51–67, 2013.
- A. Ansari, “Fractional exponential operators and time-fractional telegraph equation,” Boundary Value Problems, vol. 2012, article 125, 2012.
- A. G. Butkovskii, S. S. Postnov, and E. A. Postnova, “Fractional integro-differential calculus and its control-theoretical applications. I. Mathematical fundamentals and the problem of interpretation,” Automation and Remote Control, vol. 74, pp. 543–574, 2013.
- X. Zhang, C. Zhu, and Z. Wu, “Solvability for a coupled system of fractional differential equations with impulses at resonance,” Boundary Value Problems, vol. 2013, article 80, 2013.
- M. Shaban, S. Kazemb, and J. A. Rad, “A modification of the homotopy analysis method based on Chebyshev operational matrices,” Mathematical and Computer Modelling, vol. 57, pp. 1227–1239, 2013.
- E. H. Doha, A. H. Bhrawy, D. Baleanu, and S. S. Ezz-Eldien, “On shifted Jacobi spectral approximations for solving fractional differential equations,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 219, no. 15, pp. 8042–8056, 2013.
- E. H. Doha, A. H. Bhrawy, and W. M. Abd-Elhameed, “Jacobi spectral Galerkin method for elliptic Neumann problems,” Numerical Algorithms, vol. 50, no. 1, pp. 67–91, 2009.
- E. H. Doha and A. H. Bhrawy, “An efficient direct solver for multidimensional elliptic Robin boundary value problems using a Legendre spectral-Galerkin method,” Computers & Mathematics with Applications, vol. 64, no. 4, pp. 558–571, 2012.
- C. Canuto, M. Y. Hussaini, A. Quarteroni, and T. A. Zang, Spectral Methods in Fluid Dynamics, Springer, New York, NY, USA, 1988.
- A. H. Bhrawy and A. S. Alofi, “A Jacobi-Gauss collocation method for solving nonlinear Lane-Emden type equations,” Communications in Nonlinear Science and Numerical Simulation, vol. 17, no. 1, pp. 62–70, 2012.