- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Abstract and Applied Analysis
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 310469, 7 pages
Positive Periodic Solution for Second-Order Singular Semipositone Differential Equations
School of Mathematics and Statistics, Yili Normal University, Yining City 835000, China
Received 7 November 2012; Accepted 20 December 2012
Academic Editor: Jifeng Chu
Copyright © 2013 Xiumei Xing. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- J. L. Bravo and P. J. Torres, “Periodic solutions of a singular equation with indefinite weight,” Advanced Nonlinear Studies, vol. 10, no. 4, pp. 927–938, 2010.
- J. Chu, P. J. Torres, and M. Zhang, “Periodic solutions of second order non-autonomous singular dynamical systems,” Journal of Differential Equations, vol. 239, no. 1, pp. 196–212, 2007.
- D. Jiang, J. Chu, and M. Zhang, “Multiplicity of positive periodic solutions to superlinear repulsive singular equations,” Journal of Differential Equations, vol. 211, no. 2, pp. 282–302, 2005.
- M. Meehan and D. O'Regan, “Existence theory for nonlinear Volterra integrodifferential and integral equations,” Nonlinear Analysis: Theory, Methods & Applications, vol. 31, no. 3-4, pp. 317–341, 1998.
- W. B. Gordon, “Conservative dynamical systems involving strong forces,” Transactions of the American Mathematical Society, vol. 204, pp. 113–135, 1975.
- M. A. del Pino and R. F. Manásevich, “Infinitely many -periodic solutions for a problem arising in nonlinear elasticity,” Journal of Differential Equations, vol. 103, no. 2, pp. 260–277, 1993.
- M. Zhang, “A relationship between the periodic and the Dirichlet BVPs of singular differential equations,” Proceedings of the Royal Society of Edinburgh A, vol. 128, no. 5, pp. 1099–1114, 1998.
- J. Chu and P. J. Torres, “Applications of Schauder's fixed point theorem to singular differential equations,” Bulletin of the London Mathematical Society, vol. 39, no. 4, pp. 653–660, 2007.
- D. Franco and P. J. Torres, “Periodic solutions of singular systems without the strong force condition,” Proceedings of the American Mathematical Society, vol. 136, no. 4, pp. 1229–1236, 2008.
- D. Bonheure and C. de Coster, “Forced singular oscillators and the method of lower and upper solutions,” Topological Methods in Nonlinear Analysis, vol. 22, no. 2, pp. 297–317, 2003.
- M. Zhang, “Periodic solutions of equations of Emarkov-Pinney type,” Advanced Nonlinear Studies, vol. 6, no. 1, pp. 57–67, 2006.
- P. J. Torres, “Existence of one-signed periodic solutions of some second-order differential equations via a Krasnoselskii fixed point theorem,” Journal of Differential Equations, vol. 190, no. 2, pp. 643–662, 2003.
- P. J. Torres, “Existence and stability of periodic solutions for second-order semilinear differential equations with a singular nonlinearity,” Proceedings of the Royal Society of Edinburgh A, vol. 137, no. 1, pp. 195–201, 2007.
- J. Chu, N. Fan, and P. J. Torres, “Periodic solutions for second order singular damped differential equations,” Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications, vol. 388, no. 2, pp. 665–675, 2012.
- J. Chu and M. Li, “Positive periodic solutions of Hill's equations with singular nonlinear perturbations,” Nonlinear Analysis: Theory, Methods & Applications, vol. 69, no. 1, pp. 276–286, 2008.
- X. Li and Z. Zhang, “Periodic solutions for damped differential equations with a weak repulsive singularity,” Nonlinear Analysis: Theory, Methods & Applications, vol. 70, no. 6, pp. 2395–2399, 2009.
- M. Zhang, “Periodic solutions of damped differential systems with repulsive singular forces,” Proceedings of the American Mathematical Society, vol. 127, no. 2, pp. 401–407, 1999.
- R. Hakl and P. J. Torres, “Maximum and antimaximum principles for a second order differential operator with variable coefficients of indefinite sign,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 217, no. 19, pp. 7599–7611, 2011.
- M. Zhang, “Optimal conditions for maximum and antimaximum principles of the periodic solution problem,” Boundary Value Problems, vol. 2010, Article ID 410986, 26 pages, 2010.
- A. Granas, R. B. Guenther, and J. W. Lee, “Some general existence principles in the Carathéodory theory of nonlinear differential systems,” Journal de Mathématiques Pures et Appliquées, vol. 70, no. 2, pp. 153–196, 1991.