- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Abstract and Applied Analysis
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 342690, 5 pages
Heat Transfer Analysis on the Hiemenz Flow of a Non-Newtonian Fluid: A Homotopy Method Solution
1Department of Mathematics, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou 310027, China
2Department of Mathematics, Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Communication, Brno University of Technology, Technicka 8, 61600 Brno, Czech Republic
Received 8 August 2013; Accepted 23 September 2013
Academic Editor: Miroslava Růžičková
Copyright © 2013 Yasir Khan and Zdeněk Šmarda. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- K. Hiemenz, “Die Grenzschict neinem in den gleichformigen flussigkeitsstrom eingetauchten geraden Kreiszylinder,” Dingler's Polytechnic Journal, vol. 326, pp. 321–410, 1911.
- F. Howann, “Der Einfluss grosser Zahigkeit bei der Stromung um den Zylinder und um die Kugel,” Zeitschrift für Angewandte Mathematik und Mechanik, vol. 16, pp. 153–164, 1936.
- C. Y. Wang, “Stagnation flow towards a shrinking sheet,” International Journal of Non-Linear Mechanics, vol. 43, no. 5, pp. 377–382, 2008.
- C. Y. Wang, “Similarity stagnation point solutions of the Navier-Stokes equations—review and extension,” European Journal of Mechanics, B/Fluids, vol. 27, no. 6, pp. 678–683, 2008.
- A. Yildirim and S. A. Sezer, “Analytical solution of MHD stagnationpoint flowin porous media by means of the homotopy perturbation method,” Journal of Porous Media, vol. 15, no. 1, pp. 83–94, 2012.
- H. A. Attia, “Hydromagnetic stagnation point flow with heat transfer over a permeable surface,” Arabian Journal for Science and Engineering, vol. 28, no. 1, pp. 107–112, 2003.
- M. Massoudi and M. Ramezan, “Boundary layers heat transfer analysis of a viscoelastic fluid at a stagnation point,” Journal of Heat Transfer, vol. 130, pp. 81–86, 1990.
- V. K. Garg, “Heat transfer due to stagnation point flow of a non-Newtonian fluid,” Acta Mechanica, vol. 104, no. 3-4, pp. 159–171, 1994.
- J. H. He, “Homotopy perturbation method for solving boundary value problems,” Physics Letters A, vol. 350, no. 1-2, pp. 87–88, 2006.
- Y. Khan, N. Faraz, A. Yildirim, and Q. Wu, “A series solution of the long porous slider,” Tribology Transactions, vol. 54, no. 2, pp. 187–191, 2011.
- L. Xu, “He's homotopy perturbation method for a boundary layer equation in unbounded domain,” Computers and Mathematics with Applications, vol. 54, no. 7-8, pp. 1067–1070, 2007.
- P. D. Ariel, “Homotopy perturbation method and the natural convection flow of a third grade fluid through a circular tube,” Nonlinear Science Letters A, vol. 1, no. 2, pp. 43–52, 2010.
- Y. Khan and Q. Wu, “Homotopy perturbation transform method for nonlinear equations using He's polynomials,” Computers and Mathematics with Applications, vol. 61, no. 8, pp. 1963–1967, 2011.
- Y. Khan, “A method for solving nonlinear time-dependent drainage model,” Neural Computing and Applications, vol. 23, no. 2, pp. 411–415, 2013.
- Y. Khan, Q. Wu, N. Faraz, and A. Yildirim, “The effects of variable viscosity and thermal conductivity on a thin film flow over a shrinking/stretching sheet,” Computers and Mathematics with Applications, vol. 61, no. 11, pp. 3391–3399, 2011.
- J. H. He, “Asymptotic methods for solitary solutions and compactons,” Abstract and Applied Analysis, vol. 2012, Article ID 916793, 130 pages, 2012.
- M. Madani, Y. Khan, Gh. Mahmodi, N. Faraz, A. Yildirim, and B. Nasernejad, “Application of homotopy perturbation and numerical methods to the circular porous slider,” International Journal of Numerical Methods for Heat and Fluid Flow, vol. 22, no. 6, pp. 705–717, 2012.