- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Abstract and Applied Analysis
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 346041, 7 pages
Observability of Nonlinear Fractional Dynamical Systems
1Department of Mathematics, Bharathiar University, Coimbatore 641 046, India
2Department of Electrical Engineering, Institute of Engineering, Polytechnic of Porto, 4200-072 Porto, Portugal
3Departamento de Matemática Fundamental, Universidad de La Laguna, La Laguna, 38271 Tenerife, Spain
4Departamento de Análisis Matemático, Universidad de La Laguna, La Laguna, 38271 Tenerife, Spain
Received 19 March 2013; Accepted 7 June 2013
Academic Editor: Hossein Jafari
Copyright © 2013 K. Balachandran et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- J. A. T. Machado, “And i say to myself: what a fractional world!,” Fractional Calculus and Applied Analysis, vol. 14, no. 4, pp. 635–654, 2011.
- R. L. Magin, Fractional Calculus in Bioengineering, Begell House, Redding, Mass, USA, 2006.
- I. Petráš, Fractional-Order Nonlinear Systems: Modeling, Analysis and Simulation, Springer, Heidelberg, Germany, 2011.
- V. E. Tarasov, Fractional Dynamics: Applications of Fractional Calculus to Dynamics of Particles, Fields and Media, Nonlinear Physical Science, Springer, Heidelberg, Germany, 2010.
- D. Valério and J. S. da Costa, An Introduction to Fractional Control, IET, Stevenage, UK, 2012.
- G. M. Zaslavsky, Hamiltonian Chaos and Fractional Dynamics, Oxford University Press, Oxford, UK, 2008.
- B. Bonilla, M. Rivero, L. Rodríguez-Germá, and J. J. Trujillo, “Fractional differential equations as alternative models to nonlinear differential equations,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 187, no. 1, pp. 79–88, 2007.
- M. Klimek, On Solutions of Linear Fractional Differential Equations of a Variational Type, Czestochowa University of Technology, Czestochowa, Poland, 2009.
- V. V. Uchaikin, Fractional Derivatives for Physicists and Engineers, Volume 1. Back-Ground and Theory; Volume II. Applications, Springer Jointly published with Higher Education Press, 2013.
- J. T. Machado, V. Kiryakova, and F. Mainardi, “Recent history of fractional calculus,” Communications in Nonlinear Science and Numerical Simulation, vol. 16, no. 3, pp. 1140–1153, 2011.
- J. Tenreiro Machado, A. M. Galhano, and J. J. Trujillo, “Science metrics on fractional calculus development since 1966,” Fractional Calculus and Applied Analysis, vol. 16, no. 2, pp. 479–500, 2013.
- M. Bettayeb and S. Djennoune, “New results on the controllability and observability of fractional dynamical systems,” Journal of Vibration and Control, vol. 14, no. 9-10, pp. 1531–1541, 2008.
- D. Matignon and B. d’Andréa-Novel, “Some results on controllability and observability of finite dimensional fractional differential systems,” in Proceedings of the IAMCS, IEEE Conference on Systems, Man and Cybernetics, pp. 952–956, Lille, France, 1996.
- J. Sabatier, M. Merveillaut, L. Fenetau, and A. Oustaloup, “On observability of fractional order systems,” in Proceedings of the ASME International Design Engineering Technical Conferences and Computers and Information in Engineering Conference (DETC '09), pp. 253–260, September 2009.
- A. B. Shamardan and M. R. A. Moubarak, “Controllability and observability for fractional control systems,” Journal of Fractional Calculus, vol. 15, pp. 25–34, 1999.
- B. M. Vinagre, C. A. Monje, and A. J. Calderon, “Fractional order systems and fractional order control actions,” Fractional Calculus Applications in Automatic Control and Robotics, 2002.
- C. A. Monje, Y. Chen, B. M. Vinagre, D. Xue, and V. Feliu, Fractional-Order Systems and Controls, Springer, London, UK, 2010.
- D. Baleanu, K. Diethelm, E. Scalas, and J. J. Trujillo, Fractional Calculus. Models and Numerical Methods, vol. 3, World Scientific Publishing, Hackensack, NJ, USA, 2012.
- K. Diethelm, The Analysis of Fractional Differential Equations, vol. 2004, Springer, Berlin, Germany, 2010.
- A. A. Kilbas, H. M. Srivastava, and J. J. Trujillo, Theory and Applications of Fractional Differential Equations, vol. 204, Elsevier Science B.V., Amsterdam, The Netherlands, 2006.
- F. Mainardi and R. Gorenflo, “On Mittag-Leffler-type functions in fractional evolution processes,” Journal of Computational and Applied Mathematics, vol. 118, no. 1-2, pp. 283–299, 2000.
- K. S. Miller and B. Ross, An Introduction to the Fractional Calculus and Fractional Differential Equations, John Wiley & Sons Inc., New York, NY, USA, 1993.
- K. B. Oldham and J. Spanier, The Fractional Calculus, Academic Press, London, UK, 1974.
- M. Caputo, “Linear model of dissipation whose Q is almost frequency independent,” Geophysical Journal of Royal Astronomical Society, vol. 13, pp. 529–539, 1967.
- S. D. Éidel'man and A. A. Chikriĭ, “Dynamic game-theoretic approach problems for fractional-order equations,” Ukrainian Mathematical Journal, vol. 52, no. 11, pp. 1787–1806, 2000.
- T. Kaczorek, Selected Problems of Fractional Systems Theory, vol. 411, Springer, Berlin, Germany, 2011.
- X.-J. Wen, Z.-M. Wu, and J.-G. Lu, “Stability analysis of a class of nonlinear fractional-order systems,” IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems II, vol. 55, no. 11, pp. 1178–1182, 2008.
- J. Zabczyk, Mathematical Control Theory: An Introduction, Birkhäuser, Berlin, Germany, 1992.