- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Abstract and Applied Analysis
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 349156, 7 pages
On the -Bernstein Polynomials of Unbounded Functions with
Department of Mathematics, Atilim University, Incek, 06836 Ankara, Turkey
Received 8 January 2013; Accepted 19 February 2013
Academic Editor: Yuriy Rogovchenko
Copyright © 2013 Sofiya Ostrovska and Ahmet Yaşar Özban. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- S. N. Bernstein, “Démonstration du théorème de Weierstrass fondée sur la calcul des probabilités,” Communications de la Societe Mathematique de Charkow, vol. 2, no. 13, pp. 1–2, 1912.
- G. G. Lorentz, Bernstein Polynomials, Chelsea, New York, NY, USA, 2nd edition, 1986.
- V. S. Videnskii, Bernstein Polynomials, Leningrad State Pedagocical University, Leningrad, Russia, 1990.
- A. Lupaş, “A -analogue of the Bernstein operator,” in Seminar on Numerical and Statistical Calculus, vol. 87, pp. 85–92, Universitatea Babeş-Bolyai, Cluj, Romania, 1987.
- O. Agratini, “On certain -analogues of the Bernstein operators,” Carpathian Journal of Mathematics, vol. 24, no. 3, pp. 281–286, 2008.
- G. M. Phillips, “Bernstein polynomials based on the -integers,” Annals of Numerical Mathematics, vol. 4, no. 1–4, pp. 511–518, 1997.
- G. E. Andrews, R. Askey, and R. Roy, Special Functions, vol. 71, Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, UK, 1999.
- N. Mahmudov, “The moments for -Bernstein operators in the case ,” Numerical Algorithms, vol. 53, no. 4, pp. 439–450, 2010.
- I. Ya. Novikov, “Asymptotics of the roots of Bernstein polynomials used in the construction of modified Daubechies wavelets,” Mathematical Notes, vol. 71, no. 2, pp. 239–253, 2002.
- S. Ostrovska, “The first decade of the -Bernstein polynomials: results and perspectives,” Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Approximation Theory, vol. 2, no. 1, pp. 35–51, 2007.
- P. Sabancıgil, “Higher order generalization of -Bernstein operators,” Journal of Computational Analysis and Applications, vol. 12, no. 4, pp. 821–827, 2010.
- V. S. Videnskii, “On some classes of -parametric positive operators,” Operator Theory: Advances and Applications, vol. 158, pp. 213–222, 2005.
- H. Wang, “Properties of convergence for -Bernstein polynomials,” Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications, vol. 340, no. 2, pp. 1096–1108, 2008.
- Z. Wu, “The saturation of convergence on the interval [0, 1] for the -Bernstein polynomials in the case ,” Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications, vol. 357, no. 1, pp. 137–141, 2009.
- C. A. Charalambides, “The -Bernstein basis as a -binomial distribution,” Journal of Statistical Planning and Inference, vol. 140, no. 8, pp. 2184–2190, 2010.
- S. C. Jing, “The -deformed binomial distribution and its asymptotic behaviour,” Journal of Physics A: Mathematical and General, vol. 27, no. 2, pp. 493–499, 1994.
- S. Ostrovska and A. Y. Özban, “The norm estimates of the -Bernstein operators for varying ,” Computers & Mathematics with Applications, vol. 62, no. 12, pp. 4758–4771, 2011.
- M. Weba, “On the approximation of unbounded functions by Bernstein polynomials,” East Journal on Approximations, vol. 9, no. 3, pp. 351–356, 2003.
- S. Ostrovska, “The approximation of power function by the -Bernstein polynomials in the case ,” Mathematical Inequalities & Applications, vol. 11, no. 3, pp. 585–597, 2008.