- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Abstract and Applied Analysis
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 351057, 5 pages
Local Fractional Series Expansion Method for Solving Wave and Diffusion Equations on Cantor Sets
1College of Mechanical Engineering, Yanshan University, Qinhuangdao 066004, China
2College of Science, Hebei United University, Tangshan 063009, China
3Department of Mathematics and Mechanics, China University of Mining and Technology, Xuzhou Campus, Xuzhou, Jiangsu 221008, China
4College of Mathematics and Information Science, Qujing Normal University, Qujing, Yunnan 655011, China
Received 6 May 2013; Accepted 22 May 2013
Academic Editor: Dumitru Baleanu
Copyright © 2013 Ai-Min Yang et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- A. A. Kilbas, H. M. Srivastava, and J. J. Trujillo, Theory and Applications of Fractional Differential Equations, Elsevier, Amsterdam, The Netherlands, 2006.
- F. Mainardi, Fractional Calculus and Waves in Linear Viscoelasticity, Imperial College Press, London, UK, 2010.
- I. Podlubny, Fractional Differential Equations, Academic Press, San Diego, Calif, USA, 1999.
- R. L. Magin, Fractional Calculus in Bioengineering,, Begerll House, West Redding, Conn, USA, 2006.
- J. Klafter, S. C. Lim, and R. Metzler, Fractional Dynamics in Physics: Recent Advances, World Scientific, Singapore, 2011.
- G. M. Zaslavsky, Hamiltonian Chaos and Fractional Dynamics, Oxford University Press, Oxford, UK, 2008.
- B. J. West, M. Bologna, and P. Grigolini, Physics of Fractal Operators, Springer, New York, NY, USA, 2003.
- V. E. Tarasov, Fractional Dynamics: Applications of Fractional Calculus to Dynamics of Particles, Fields and Media, Springer, Berlin, Germany, 2011.
- J. A. Tenreiro Machado, A. C. J. Luo, and D. Baleanu, Nonlinear Dynamics of Complex Systems: Applications in Physical, Biological and Financial Systems, Springer, New York, NY, USA, 2011.
- J. S. Duan, T. Chaolu, R. Rach, and L. Lu, “The Adomian decomposition method with convergence acceleration techniques for nonlinear fractional differential equations,” Computers & Mathematics With Applications, 2013.
- J. S. Duan, T. Chaolu, and R. Rach, “Solutions of the initial value problem for nonlinear fractional ordinary differential equations by the Rach-Adomian-Meyers modified decomposition method,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 218, no. 17, pp. 8370–8392, 2012.
- S. Das, “Analytical solution of a fractional diffusion equation by variational iteration method,” Computers & Mathematics with Applications, vol. 57, no. 3, pp. 483–487, 2009.
- S. Momani and Z. Odibat, “Comparison between the homotopy perturbation method and the variational iteration method for linear fractional partial differential equations,” Computers & Mathematics with Applications, vol. 54, no. 7-8, pp. 910–919, 2007.
- S. Momani and Z. Odibat, “Homotopy perturbation method for nonlinear partial differential equations of fractional order,” Physics Letters A, vol. 365, no. 5-6, pp. 345–350, 2007.
- D. Baleanu, K. Diethelm, E. Scalas, and J. J. Trujillo, Fractional Calculus Models and Numerical Methods, Series on Complexity, Nonlinearity and Chaos, World Scientific, Boston, Mass, USA, 2012.
- H. Jafari and S. Seifi, “Homotopy analysis method for solving linear and nonlinear fractional diffusion-wave equation,” Communications in Nonlinear Science and Numerical Simulation, vol. 14, no. 5, pp. 2006–2012, 2009.
- J. Hristov, “Heat-balance integral to fractional (half-time) heat diffusion sub-model,” Thermal Science, vol. 14, no. 2, pp. 291–316, 2010.
- J. Hristov, “Integral-balance solution to the stokes' first problem of a viscoelastic generalized second grade fluid,” Thermal Science, vol. 16, no. 2, pp. 395–410, 2012.
- J. Hristov, “Transient flow of a generalized second grade fluid due to a constant surface shear stress: an approximate integral-balance solution,” International Review of Chemical Engineering, vol. 3, no. 6, pp. 802–809, 2011.
- G. C. Wu and E. W. M. Lee, “Fractional variational iteration method and its application,” Physics Letters A, vol. 374, no. 25, pp. 2506–2509, 2010.
- Y. Khan, N. Faraz, A. Yildirim, and Q. Wu, “Fractional variational iteration method for fractional initial-boundary value problems arising in the application of nonlinear science,” Computers & Mathematics with Applications, vol. 62, no. 5, pp. 2273–2278, 2011.
- G. C. Wu, “A fractional variational iteration method for solving fractional nonlinear differential equations,” Computers & Mathematics with Applications, vol. 61, no. 8, pp. 2186–2190, 2011.
- S. Zhang and H.-Q. Zhang, “Fractional sub-equation method and its applications to nonlinear fractional PDEs,” Physics Letters A, vol. 375, no. 7, pp. 1069–1073, 2011.
- H. Jafari, H. Tajadodi, N. Kadkhoda, and D. Baleanu, “Fractional subequation method for Cahn-Hilliard and Klein-Gordon equations,” Abstract and Applied Analysis, vol. 2013, Article ID 587179, 5 pages, 2013.
- S. Zhang, Q. A. Zong, D. Liu, and Q. Gao, “A generalized expfunction method for fractional Riccati differential equations,” Communications in Fractional Calculus, vol. 1, pp. 48–52, 2010.
- X. J. Yang, Advanced Local Fractional Calculus and Its Applications, World Science, New York, NY, USA, 2012.
- X. J. Yang, “Local fractional integral transforms,” Progress in Nonlinear Science, vol. 4, pp. 1–225, 2011.
- X. J. Yang, Local Fractional Functional Analysis and Its Applications, Asian Academic, Hong Kong, 2011.
- W. P. Zhong, X. J. Yang, and F. Gao, “A Cauchy problem for some local fractional abstract differential equation with fractal conditions,” Journal of Applied Functional Analysis, vol. 8, no. 1, pp. 92–99, 2013.
- W. H. Su, X. J. Yang, H. Jafari, and D. Baleanu, “Fractional complex transform method for wave equations on Cantor sets within local fractional differential operator,” Advances in Difference Equations, vol. 2013, no. 1, pp. 97–107, 2013.
- M. S. Hu, D. Baleanu, and X. J. Yang, “One-phase problems for discontinuous heat transfer in fractal media,” Mathematical Problems in Engineering, vol. 2013, Article ID 358473, 3 pages, 2013.
- K. M. Kolwankar and A. D. Gangal, “Local fractional Fokker-Planck equation,” Physical Review Letters, vol. 80, no. 2, pp. 214–217, 1998.
- A. Carpinteri and A. Sapora, “Diffusion problems in fractal media defined on Cantor sets,” ZAMM Journal of Applied Mathematics and Mechanics, vol. 90, no. 3, pp. 203–210, 2010.
- A. Carpinteri and P. Cornetti, “A fractional calculus approach to the description of stress and strain localization in fractal media,” Chaos, Solitons and Fractals, vol. 13, no. 1, pp. 85–94, 2002.
- A. Carpinteri, B. Chiaia, and P. Cornetti, “The elastic problem for fractal media: basic theory and finite element formulation,” Computers and Structures, vol. 82, no. 6, pp. 499–508, 2004.
- A. Babakhani and V. Daftardar-Gejji, “On calculus of local fractional derivatives,” Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications, vol. 270, no. 1, pp. 66–79, 2002.
- F. Ben Adda and J. Cresson, “About non-differentiable functions,” Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications, vol. 263, no. 2, pp. 721–737, 2001.
- Y. Chen, Y. Yan, and K. Zhang, “On the local fractional derivative,” Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications, vol. 362, no. 1, pp. 17–33, 2010.
- W. Chen, “Time-space fabric underlying anomalous diffusion,” Chaos, Solitons and Fractals, vol. 28, no. 4, pp. 923–925, 2006.
- W. Chen, H. Sun, X. Zhang, and D. Korošak, “Anomalous diffusion modeling by fractal and fractional derivatives,” Computers & Mathematics with Applications, vol. 59, no. 5, pp. 1754–1758, 2010.
- A. K. Golmankhaneh, V. Fazlollahi, and D. Baleanu, “Newtonian mechanics on fractals subset of real-line,” Romania Reports in Physics, vol. 65, pp. 84–93, 2013.
- A. Parvate and A. D. Gangal, “Fractal differential equations and fractal-time dynamical systems,” Pramana, vol. 64, no. 3, pp. 389–409, 2005.
- G. Jumarie, “Probability calculus of fractional order and fractional Taylor's series application to Fokker-Planck equation and information of non-random functions,” Chaos, Solitons and Fractals, vol. 40, no. 3, pp. 1428–1448, 2009.
- G. Jumarie, “Laplace's transform of fractional order via the Mittag-Leffler function and modified Riemann-Liouville derivative,” Applied Mathematics Letters, vol. 22, no. 11, pp. 1659–1664, 2009.
- X. J. Yang and D. Baleanu, “Fractal heat conduction problem solved by local fractional variation iteration method,” Thermal Science, vol. 17, no. 2, pp. 625–628, 2013.
- W. H. Su, D. Baleanu, X.-J. Yang, and H. Jafari, “Damped wave equation and dissipative wave equation in fractal strings within the local fractional variational iteration method,” Fixed Point Theory and Applications, vol. 2013, no. 1, pp. 89–102, 2013.
- M. S. Hu, R. P. Agarwal, and X.-J. Yang, “Local fractional Fourier series with application to wave equation in fractal vibrating string,” Abstract and Applied Analysis, vol. 2012, Article ID 567401, 15 pages, 2012.
- G. A. Anastassiou and O. Duman, Advances in Applied Mathematics and Approximation Theory, Springer, New York, NY, USA, 2013.
- X. J. Yang, H. M. Srivastava, J. H. He, and D. Baleanu, “Cantor-type cylindrical-coordinate method for differential equations with local fractional derivatives,” Physics Letters A, vol. 377, no. 28–30, pp. 1696–1700, 2013.
- X. Yang, M. Liao, and J. Chen, “A novel approach to processing fractal signals using the Yang-Fourier transforms,” in Proceedings of the International Workshop on Information and Electronics Engineering (IWIEE '12), vol. 29, pp. 2950–2954, March 2012.
- W. Zhong, F. Gao, and X. Shen, “Applications of Yang-Fourier transform to local fractional equations with local fractional derivative and local fractional integral,” Advanced Materials Research, vol. 461, pp. 306–310, 2012.
- W. P. Zhong and F. Gao, “Application of the Yang-Laplace transforms to solution to nonlinear fractional wave equation with fractional derivative,” in Proceedings of the 3rd International Conference on Computer Technology and Development, pp. 209–213, ASME, 2011.