- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Abstract and Applied Analysis
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 357931, 7 pages
An Efficient Pseudospectral Method for Solving a Class of Nonlinear Optimal Control Problems
1Department of Mathematics, Islamic Azad University, Zahedan Branch, Zahedan, Iran
2Department of Mathematics, Universiti Putra Malaysia (UPM), 43400 Serdang, Malaysia
3Department of Applied Mathematics, School of Mathematical Sciences, Ferdowsi University of Mashhad, Mashhad, Iran
Received 10 March 2013; Accepted 30 July 2013
Academic Editor: Mustafa Bayram
Copyright © 2013 Emran Tohidi et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- J. T. Betts, “Survey of numerical methods for trajectory optimization,” Journal of Guidance, Control, and Dynamics, vol. 21, no. 2, pp. 193–207, 1998.
- E. Tohidi, F. Soleymani, and A. Kilicman, “Robustness of operational matrices of differentiation for solving state-space analysis and optimal control problems,” Abstract and Applied Analysis, vol. 2013, Article ID 535979, 9 pages, 2013.
- J. T. Betts, Practical Methods for Optimal Control Using Nonlinear Programming, vol. 3 of Advances in Design and Control, Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics, Philadelphia, Pa, USA, 2001.
- G. Elnagar, M. A. Kazemi, and M. Razzaghi, “The pseudospectral Legendre method for discretizing optimal control problems,” IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, vol. 40, no. 10, pp. 1793–1796, 1995.
- F. Fahroo and I. M. Ross, “Direct trajectory optimization by a Chebyshev pseudospectral method,” Journal of Guidance, Control, and Dynamics, vol. 25, no. 1, pp. 160–166, 2002.
- E. Tohidi, O. R. N. Samadi, and M. H. Farahi, “Legendre approximation for solving a class of nonlinear optimal control problems,” Journal of Mathematical Finance, vol. 1, pp. 8–13, 2011.
- F. Toutounian, E. Tohidi, and A. Kilicman, “Fourier operational matrices of differentiation and transmission: Introduction and Applications,” Abstract and Applied Analysis, vol. 2013, Article ID 198926, 11 pages, 2013.
- E. Tohidi and O. R. N. Samadi, “Optimal control of nonlinear Volterra integral equations via Legendre Polynomials,” IMA Journal of Mathematical Control and Information, vol. 30, no. 1, pp. 67–83.
- A. E. Bryson, Jr. and Y. C. Ho, Applied Optimal Control, Hemisphere, New York, NY, USA, 1975.
- M. H. Noori Skandari and E. Tohidi, “Numerical solution of a class of nonlinear optimal control problems using linearization and discretization,” Applied Mathematics, vol. 2, no. 5, pp. 646–652, 2011.
- E. Tohidi and M. H. Noori Skandari, “A new approach for a class of nonlinear optimal control problems using linear combination property of intervals,” Journal of Computations and Modelling, vol. 1, pp. 145–156, 2011.
- M. Shamsi, “A modified pseudospectral scheme for accurate solution of Bang-Bang optimal control problems,” Optimal Control Applications and Methods, vol. 32, no. 6, pp. 668–680, 2011.
- O. von Stryk, “Numerical solution of optimal control problems by direct collocation,” in Optional Control of Variations, Optimal Control Theory and Numerical Methods, R. Bulrisch, A. Miele, and J. Stoer, Eds., International Series of Numerical Mathematics, pp. 129–143, Birkhäuser, Basel, Switzerland, 1993.