- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Abstract and Applied Analysis
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 357971, 10 pages
Leader-Following Consensus Stability of Discrete-Time Linear Multiagent Systems with Observer-Based Protocols
1Institute of Intelligent Systems and Decision, Wenzhou University, Zhejiang 325035, China
2Wenzhou Vocational College of Science & Technology, Zhejiang 325006, China
Received 16 February 2013; Accepted 26 August 2013
Academic Editor: Pagavathi Balasubramaniam
Copyright © 2013 Bingbing Xu et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- J. Krause, G. D. Ruxton, and S. Krause, “Swarm intelligence in animals and humans,” Trends in Ecology & Evolution, vol. 25, no. 1, pp. 28–34, 2010.
- T. Vicsek, A. Czirk, E. Ben-Jacob, I. Cohen, and O. Shochet, “Novel type of phase transition in a system of self-driven particles,” Physical Review Letters, vol. 75, no. 6, pp. 1226–1229, 1995.
- S. Kalantar and U. R. Zimmer, “Distributed shape control of homogeneous swarms of autonomous underwater vehicles,” Autonomous Robots, vol. 22, no. 1, pp. 37–53, 2007.
- S. Yoon and C. Qiao, “Cooperative search and survey using Autonomous Underwater Vehicles (AUVs),” IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems, vol. 22, no. 3, pp. 364–379, 2011.
- Z. Huang, Q. Song, and C. Feng, “Multistability in networks with self-excitation and high-order synaptic connectivity,” IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems I, vol. 57, no. 8, pp. 2144–2155, 2010.
- E. Kaslik and S. Sivasundaram, “Multiple periodic solutions in impulsive hybrid neural networks with delays,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 217, no. 10, pp. 4890–4899, 2011.
- W. Yu, G. Chen, Z. Wang, and W. Yang, “Distributed consensus filtering in sensor networks,” IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics B, vol. 39, no. 6, pp. 1568–1577, 2009.
- A. Jadbabaie, J. Lin, and A. S. Morse, “Coordination of groups of mobile autonomous agents using nearest neighbor rules,” IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, vol. 48, no. 6, pp. 988–1001, 2003.
- W. Ren and R. W. Beard, “Consensus seeking in multiagent systems under dynamically changing interaction topologies,” IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, vol. 50, no. 5, pp. 655–661, 2005.
- R. Olfati-Saber and R. M. Murray, “Consensus problems in networks of agents with switching topology and time-delays,” IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, vol. 49, no. 9, pp. 1520–1533, 2004.
- R. Olfati-Saber, J. A. Fax, and R. M. Murray, “Consensus and cooperation in networked multi-agent systems,” Proceedings of the IEEE, vol. 95, no. 1, pp. 215–233, 2007.
- Y. Hong, J. Hu, and L. Gao, “Tracking control for multi-agent consensus with an active leader and variable topology,” Automatica, vol. 42, no. 7, pp. 1177–1182, 2006.
- J. Hu and Y. Hong, “Leader-following coordination of multi-agent systems with coupling time delays,” Physica A, vol. 374, no. 2, pp. 853–863, 2007.
- Y. Hong, G. Chen, and L. Bushnell, “Distributed observers design for leader-following control of multi-agent networks,” Automatica, vol. 44, no. 3, pp. 846–850, 2008.
- W. Ni and D. Cheng, “Leader-following consensus of multi-agent systems under fixed and switching topologies,” Systems & Control Letters, vol. 59, no. 3-4, pp. 209–217, 2010.
- Z.-J. Tang, T.-Z. Huang, J.-L. Shao, and J.-P. Hu, “Leader-following consensus for multi-agent systems via sampled-data control,” IET Control Theory & Applications, vol. 5, no. 14, pp. 1658–1665, 2011.
- L. Gao, X. Zhu, and W. Chen, “Leader-following consensus problem with an accelerated motion leader,” International Journal of Control, Automation, and Systems, vol. 10, no. 5, pp. 931–939, 2012.
- Y. Hong and X. Wang, “Multi-agent tracking of a high-dimensional active leader with switching topology,” Journal of Systems Science and Complexity, vol. 22, no. 4, pp. 722–731, 2009.
- L. Gao, Y. Tang, W. Chen, and H. Zhang, “Consensus seeking in multi-agent systems with an active leader and communication delays,” Kybernetika, vol. 47, no. 5, pp. 773–789, 2011.
- Z. Li, Z. Duan, G. Chen, and L. Huang, “Consensus of multiagent systems and synchronization of complex networks: a unified viewpoint,” IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems I, vol. 57, no. 1, pp. 213–224, 2010.
- Z. Li, Z. Duan, and G. Chen, “Dynamic consensus of linear multi-agent systems,” IET Control Theory and Applications, vol. 5, no. 1, pp. 19–28, 2011.
- H. Zhang, F. L. Lewis, and A. Das, “Optimal design for synchronization of cooperative systems: state feedback, observer and output feedback,” IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, vol. 56, no. 8, pp. 1948–1952, 2011.
- K. Hengster-Movric and F. Lewis, “Cooperative observers and regulators for discrete-time multiagent systems,” International Journal of Robust and Nonlinear Control, vol. 23, no. 14, pp. 1545–1562, 2013.
- L. Gao, X. Zhu, W. Chen, and H. Zhang, “Leader-following consensus of linear multiagent systems with state observer under switching topologies,” Mathematical Problems in Engineering, vol. 2013, Article ID 873140, 12 pages, 2013.
- H. Li, “Observer-type consensus protocol for a class of fractional-order uncertain multiagent systems,” Abstract and Applied Analysis, vol. 2012, Article ID 672346, 18 pages, 2012.
- Z. Li, X. Liu, P. Lin, and W. Ren, “Consensus of linear multi-agent systems with reduced-order observer-based protocols,” Systems & Control Letters, vol. 60, no. 7, pp. 510–516, 2011.
- Y. Zhang, L. Gao, and C. Tong, “On distributed reduced-order observer-based protocol for linear multiagent consensus under switching topology,” Abstract and Applied Analysis, vol. 2013, Article ID 793276, 13 pages, 2013.
- J. H. Seo, H. Shim, and J. Back, “Consensus of high-order linear systems using dynamic output feedback compensator: low gain approach,” Automatica, vol. 45, no. 11, pp. 2659–2664, 2009.
- Y. Liu and Y. Jia, “ consensus control of multi-agent systems with switching topology: a dynamic output feedback protocol,” International Journal of Control, vol. 83, no. 3, pp. 527–537, 2010.
- L. Gao, C. Tong, and L. Wang, “ dynamic output feedback consensus control for discrete-time multi-agent systems with switching topology,” The Arabian Journal for Science and Engineering, 2013.
- Z. Huang, X. Wang, and C. Feng, “Multiperiodicity of periodically oscillated discrete-time neural networks with transient excitatory self-connections and sigmoidal nonlinearities,” IEEE Transactions on Neural Networks, vol. 21, no. 10, pp. 1643–1655, 2010.
- Z. Huang, X. Wang, and M. Sannay, “Self-excitation of neurons leads to multiperiodicity of discrete-time neural networks with distributed delays,” Science China, vol. 54, no. 2, pp. 305–317, 2011.
- E. Kaslik and S. Sivasundaram, “Impulsive hybrid discrete-time Hopfield neural networks with delays and multistability analysis,” Neural Networks, vol. 24, no. 4, pp. 370–377, 2011.
- Y. Cao and W. Ren, “Sampled-data discrete-time coordination algorithms for double-integrator dynamics under dynamic directed interaction,” International Journal of Control, vol. 83, no. 3, pp. 506–515, 2010.
- K. You and L. Xie, “Network topology and communication data rate for consensusability of discrete-time multi-agent systems,” IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, vol. 56, no. 10, pp. 2262–2275, 2011.
- F. Xiao and L. Wang, “Dynamic behavior of discrete-time multiagent systems with general communication structures,” Physica A, vol. 370, no. 2, pp. 364–380, 2006.
- F. Xiao and L. Wang, “Consensus protocols for discrete-time multi-agent systems with time-varying delays,” Automatica, vol. 44, no. 10, pp. 2577–2582, 2008.
- P. Lin and Y. Jia, “Consensus of second-order discrete-time multi-agent systems with nonuniform time-delays and dynamically changing topologies,” Automatica, vol. 45, no. 9, pp. 2154–2158, 2009.
- J. Qin and H. Gao, “A sufficient condition for convergence of sampled-data consensus for double-integrator dynamics with nonuniform and time-varying communication delays,” IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, vol. 57, no. 9, pp. 2417–2422, 2012.
- Y. Su and J. Huang, “Two consensus problems for discrete-time multi-agent systems with switching network topology,” Automatica, vol. 48, no. 9, pp. 1988–1997, 2012.
- K. Hengster-Movric, K. You, F. L. Lewis, and L. Xie, “Synchronization of discrete-time multi-agent systems on graphs using Riccati design,” Automatica, vol. 49, no. 2, pp. 414–423, 2013.
- K. You and L. Xie, “Coordination of discrete-time multi-agent systems via relative output feedback,” International Journal of Robust and Nonlinear Control, vol. 21, no. 13, pp. 1587–1605, 2011.
- X. Xu, S. Chen, W. Huang, and L. Gao, “Leader-following consensus of discrete-time multi-agent systems with observer-based protocols,” Neurocomputing, vol. 118, no. 22, pp. 334–341, 2013.
- L. Scardovi and R. Sepulchre, “Synchronization in networks of identical linear systems,” Automatica, vol. 45, no. 11, pp. 2557–2562, 2009.
- B. Sinopoli, L. Schenato, M. Franceschetti, K. Poolla, M. I. Jordan, and S. S. Sastry, “Kalman filtering with intermittent observations,” IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, vol. 49, no. 9, pp. 1453–1464, 2004.
- L. Schenato, B. Sinopoli, M. Franceschetti, K. Poolla, and S. S. Sastry, “Foundations of control and estimation over lossy networks,” Proceedings of the IEEE, vol. 95, no. 1, pp. 163–187, 2007.
- R. A. Horn and C. R. Johnson, Matrix Analysis, Cambridge University Press, New York, NY, USA, 1985.