- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Abstract and Applied Analysis
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 367589, 9 pages
Bifurcation Analysis in a Two-Dimensional Neutral Differential Equation
Department of Mathematics, Northeast Forestry University, Harbin 150040, China
Received 2 February 2013; Accepted 5 April 2013
Academic Editor: Chunrui Zhang
Copyright © 2013 Ming Liu and Xiaofeng Xu. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- J. J. Wei and S. G. Ruan, “Stability and global Hopf bifurcation for neutral differential equations,” Acta Mathematica Sinica, vol. 45, no. 1, pp. 93–104, 2002.
- C. Wang and J. Wei, “Hopf bifurcation for neutral functional differential equations,” Nonlinear Analysis: Real World Applications, vol. 11, no. 3, pp. 1269–1277, 2010.
- Y. Qu, M. Y. Li, and J. Wei, “Bifurcation analysis in a neutral differential equation,” Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications, vol. 378, no. 2, pp. 387–402, 2011.
- Y. Chen and J. Wu, “Slowly oscillating periodic solutions for a delayed frustrated network of two neurons,” Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications, vol. 259, no. 1, pp. 188–208, 2001.
- J. Wei and S. Ruan, “Stability and bifurcation in a neural network model with two delays,” Physica D, vol. 130, no. 3-4, pp. 255–272, 1999.
- T. Faria, “On a planar system modelling a neuron network with memory,” Journal of Differential Equations, vol. 168, no. 1, pp. 129–149, 2000.
- J. Wei, M. G. Velarde, and V. A. Makarov, “Oscillatory phenomena and stability of periodic solutions in a simple neural network with delay,” Nonlinear Phenomena in Complex Systems, vol. 5, no. 4, pp. 407–417, 2002.
- J. J. Wei, C. R. Zhang, and X. L. Li, “Bifurcation in a two-dimensional neural network model with delay,” Applied Mathematics and Mechanics, vol. 26, no. 2, pp. 193–200, 2005.
- J. K. Hale and M. V. Lunel, Introduction to Functional-Differential Equations, vol. 99 of Applied Mathematical Sciences, Springer, New York, NY, USA, 1993.
- C. Wang and J. Wei, “Normal forms for NFDEs with parameters and application to the lossless transmission line,” Nonlinear Dynamics, vol. 52, no. 3, pp. 199–206, 2008.
- S. Wiggins, Introduction to Applied Nonlinear Dynamical Systems and Chaos, vol. 2 of Texts in Applied Mathematics, Springer, New York, NY, USA, 1990.
- B. D. Hassard, N. D. Kazarinoff, and Y. H. Wan, Theory and Applications of Hopf Bifurcation, vol. 41 of London Mathematical Society Lecture Note Series, Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, Mass, USA, 1981.
- J. Carr, Applications of Centre Manifold Theory, vol. 35 of Applied Mathematical Sciences, Springer, New York, NY, USA, 1981.
- W. Krawcewicz, J. Wu, and H. Xia, “Global Hopf bifurcation theory for condensing fields and neutral equations with applications to lossless transmission problems,” The Canadian Applied Mathematics Quarterly, vol. 1, no. 2, pp. 167–220, 1993.
- J. H. Wu, “Global continua of periodic solutions to some difference-differential equations of neutral type,” The Tohoku Mathematical Journal, vol. 45, no. 1, pp. 67–88, 1993.
- J. Wu and H. Xia, “Self-sustained oscillations in a ring array of coupled lossless transmission lines,” Journal of Differential Equations, vol. 124, no. 1, pp. 247–278, 1996.
- M. Weedermann, “Hopf bifurcation calculations for scalar neutral delay differential equations,” Nonlinearity, vol. 19, no. 9, pp. 2091–2102, 2006.