- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Abstract and Applied Analysis
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 371064, 8 pages
Extension Sliding Mode Controller for Maximum Power Point Tracking of Hydrogen Fuel Cells
Department of Electrical Engineering, National Chin-Yi University of Technology, Taichung 41170, Taiwan
Received 12 May 2013; Accepted 25 June 2013
Academic Editor: Chang-Hua Lien
Copyright © 2013 Meng-Hui Wang et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- C. A. Ramos-Paja, A. Romero, R. Giral, J. Calvente, and L. Martinez-Salamero, “Mathematical analysis of hybrid topologies efficiency for PEM fuel cell power systems design,” International Journal of Electrical Power and Energy Systems, vol. 32, no. 9, pp. 1049–1061, 2010.
- Y. Hou, B. Wang, and Z. Yang, “A method for evaluating the efficiency of PEM fuel cell engine,” Applied Energy, vol. 88, no. 4, pp. 1181–1186, 2011.
- J. O. Schumacher, P. Gemmar, M. Denne, M. Zedda, and M. Stueber, “Control of miniature proton exchange membrane fuel cells based on fuzzy logic,” Journal of Power Sources, vol. 129, no. 2, pp. 143–151, 2004.
- T. Esram and P. L. Chapman, “Comparison of photovoltaic array maximum power point tracking techniques,” IEEE Transactions on Energy Conversion, vol. 22, no. 2, pp. 439–449, 2007.
- L. N. Khanh, J. Seo, Y. Kim, and D. Won, “Power-management strategies for a grid-connected PV-FC hybrid system,” IEEE Transactions on Power Delivery, vol. 25, no. 3, pp. 1874–1882, 2010.
- A. Giustiniani, G. Petrone, G. Spagnuolo, and M. Vitelli, “Low-frequency current oscillations and maximum power point tracking in grid-connected fuel-cell-based systems,” IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, vol. 57, no. 6, pp. 2042–2053, 2010.
- C. A. Ramos-Paja, G. Spagnuolo, G. Petrone, R. Giral, and A. Romero, “Fuel cell MPPT for fuel consumption optimization,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Symposium on Circuits and Systems (ISCAS '10), pp. 2199–2202, June 2010.
- M. Dargahi, M. Rezanejad, J. Rouhi, and M. Shakeri, “Maximum power point tracking for fuel cell in fuel cell/battery hybrid systems,” in Proceedings of the 12th IEEE International Multitopic Conference (INMIC '08), pp. 33–37, December 2008.
- L. Egiziano, A. Giustiniani, G. Petrone, G. Spagnuolo, and M. Vitelli, “Optimization of perturb and observe control of grid connected PEM fuel cells,” in Proceedings of the International Conference on Clean Electrical Power (ICCEP '09), pp. 775–781, June 2009.
- Z. Zhong, H. Huo, X. Zhu, G. Cao, and Y. Ren, “Adaptive maximum power point tracking control of fuel cell power plants,” Journal of Power Sources, vol. 176, no. 1, pp. 259–269, 2008.
- M. Becherif and D. Hissel, “MPPT of a PEMFC based on air supply control of the motocompressor group,” International Journal of Hydrogen Energy, vol. 35, no. 22, pp. 12521–12530, 2010.
- N. Chanasut and S. Premrudeepreechacharn, “Maximum power control of grid-connected solid oxide fuel cell system using adaptive fuzzy logic controller,” in Proceedings of the IEEE Industry Applications Society Annual Meeting (IAS '08), pp. 1–6, October 2008.
- K. H. Loo, G. R. Zhu, Y. M. Lai, and C. K. Tse, “Development of a maximum-power-point tracking algorithm for direct methanol fuel cell and its realization in a fuel cell/supercapacitor hybrid energy system,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Power Electronics and ECCE Asia, pp. 1753–1760, June 2011.
- M. Sarvi and M. M. Barati, “Voltage and current based MPPT of fuel cells under variable temperature conditions,” in Proceedings of the 45th International Universities' Power Engineering Conference (UPEC '10), pp. 1–4, September 2010.
- N. Bizon, “On tracking robustness in adaptive extremum seeking control of the fuel cell power plants,” Applied Energy, vol. 87, no. 10, pp. 3115–3130, 2010.
- S. Abdi, K. Afshar, N. Bigdeli, and S. Ahmadi, “A novel approach for robust maximum power point tracking of PEM fuel cell generator using sliding mode control approach,” International Journal of Electrochemical Science, vol. 7, no. 1, pp. 4192–4209, 2012.
- F. Qiao, Q. M. Zhu, A. Winfield, and C. Melhuish, “Fuzzy sliding mode control for discrete nonlinear systems,” Transactions of China Automation Society, vol. 22, no. 2, pp. 311–315, 2003.
- F. Gao, B. Blunier, M. G. Simões, and A. Miraoui, “PEM fuel cell stack modeling for real-time emulation in hardware-in-the-loop applications,” IEEE Transactions on Energy Conversion, vol. 26, no. 1, pp. 184–194, 2011.
- M. A. Laughton, “Fuel cells,” Engineering Science and Education Journal, vol. 11, no. 1, pp. 7–16, 2002.
- M. Dargahi, J. Rouhi, M. Rezanejad, and M. Shakeri, “Maximum power point tracking for fuel cell in fuel cell/battery hybrid power systems,” European Journal of Scientific Research, vol. 25, no. 4, pp. 538–548, 2009.
- V. Utkin, J. Guldner, and J. Shi, Sliding Mode in Electro-Mechanical Systems, Taylor & Francis, London, UK, 2009.
- M. I. A. Orozco, J. R. Vázquez, P. Salmerón, S. P. Litrán, and F. J. Alcántaram, “Maximum power point tracker of a photovoltaic system using sliding mode control,” in Proceedings of the International Conference on Renewable Energies and Power Quality (ICREPQ '09), Valencia, Spain, April 2009.
- M. Wang, K. Chao, G. J. Huang, and H. Tsai, “Application of extension theory to fault diagnosis of automotive engine,” ICIC Express Letters, vol. 5, no. 4, pp. 1293–1299, 2011.
- M. H. Wang, Y. K. Chung, and W. T. Sung, “The fault diagnosis of analog circuits based on extension theory,” in Emerging Intelligent Computing Technology and Applications, vol. 5754 of ICIC Lecture Notes in Computer Science, pp. 735–744, Springer, Berlin, Germany, 2009.